WN: DOJ Memo: CIA Report Claims 9/11 Mastermind Waterboarded 183 Time

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,478
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

A 2005 Justice Department memo, citing figures reportedly lifted from a CIA inspector general's report, said interrogators waterboarded the Al Qaeda mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks 183 times, the New York Times reported Monday.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/foxnews-com-...ation-tactics-/

Hayden said many who oppose the harsh techniques used by interrogations "want to be able to say, 'I don't want my nation doing this,' which is a purely honorable position, 'and they didn't work anyway.' That back half of the sentence isn't true. The facts of the case are that the use of these techniques against these terrorists made us safer. It really did work."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hayden said many who oppose the harsh techniques used by interrogations "want to be able to say, 'I don't want my nation doing this,' which is a purely honorable position, 'and they didn't work anyway.' That back half of the sentence isn't true. The facts of the case are that the use of these techniques against these terrorists made us safer. It really did work."

It did work, that's true. I'm torn about this; I don't want to care about those slimeballs but, as a Christian, I'm commanded to love my enemy. Not sure I can actually do that but i'm sure trying. I don't want our country to be no better than the devil worshipping terrorists that want us all dead either. There has to be a better way. God will judge this country on the treatment of prisoners, for sure. :emot-nod:

I'm torn about this; I don't want to care about those slimeballs but, as a Christian, I'm commanded to love my enemy.

There is no commandment to love the wicked, the evil, the murderer.

love your enemy but the government has no such commandment applied to it.

Not sure I can actually do that but i'm sure trying.

You do it everyday!??

Don't you love Obama?

I don't want our country to be no better than the devil worshipping terrorists that want us all dead either. There has to be a better way.

You are a prime example of why women shouldn't serve in the military. 8-)

God will judge this country on the treatment of prisoners, for sure. :emot-nod:

oh fer the love of lilly-livered liberals!!!??!

I think you are a good nurturer but would be a terrible father. Someone has to protect the innocent from the wicked. Please....go back inside and lock the doors.

God will judge us for a lot of things before He gets around to worrying about how some bloodthirsty muslims were harrassed.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

A 2005 Justice Department memo, citing figures reportedly lifted from a CIA inspector general's report, said interrogators waterboarded the Al Qaeda mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks 183 times, the New York Times reported Monday.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/foxnews-com-...ation-tactics-/

We have to be nice to Obama's friends from now on.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

183 times too few, if you ask me. :rolleyes:

I remember my Pastor telling his son one day during a sermon that if his sister was on a local school bus and was assaulted, (there had been a Middle School girl assaulted, locally, on a school bus by older children), and he was there and didn't come home victorious or at least with two black eyes, multiple contusions, and varied fractures that the beating he got on the bus was going to be the least of his problems. :thumbsup: Of course he spoke in terms of his never getting off of punishment for not standing up for his sister. :D

You can't allow bloodthirsty murderers to run amok. We owe them no such respect as turning the other cheek. As a Nation God has placed us here to be a protectorate to the people in the Nation.

If treating enemies of this ilk with Loving Kindness and respect is called for then Samuel, Joshua, King David, Jeptha, Gideon, and a whole host of Biblical figures are in for a whole lot of trouble. :taped:

The Lord was speaking of enemies that are enemies because of the Gospels sake, not very real physical threats to family and Nation. A Nation has the right to defend itself.

I watched this guy on one of thsoe liberal life channels the other night go through Waterboarding. On average people last like 8 minutes. He lasted 25 I think, but he had former Military training and had been waterboarded before. He and Alan Dershowitz sat and talked about it being torture after watching the video of him being waterboarded. He was laughing immediately after the event and in hindsight thought it was pretty funny, but kept up the condemnation bit. He was never in any danger,but stated that because he had been waterboarded prior at first he felt like it was a joke because he knew what to expect. After about 20 minutes though, he stated that he had the very real feeling that he was going to die from drowning and gave up. :emot-highfive: h ewa snone the worse for wear the moment they stopped the waterboarding. He merely spit out water and some snot and then began to giggle and laugh as he condemned it as torture.

Samuel cut King Agag into pieces and stated that as he had made Mothers childless so now would his Mother be childless. :whistling:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I'm torn about this; I don't want to care about those slimeballs but, as a Christian, I'm commanded to love my enemy.

There is no commandment to love the wicked, the evil, the murderer.

love your enemy but the government has no such commandment applied to it.

Not sure I can actually do that but i'm sure trying.

You do it everyday!??

Don't you love Obama?

I don't want our country to be no better than the devil worshipping terrorists that want us all dead either. There has to be a better way.

You are a prime example of why women shouldn't serve in the military. 8-)

God will judge this country on the treatment of prisoners, for sure. :D

oh fer the love of lilly-livered liberals!!!??!

I think you are a good nurturer but would be a terrible father. Someone has to protect the innocent from the wicked. Please....go back inside and lock the doors.

God will judge us for a lot of things before He gets around to worrying about how some bloodthirsty muslims were harrassed.

I wouldn't make ANY kind of father, obviously. I don't really know what you mean by that. Please don't try to patronize me, yod, I'm not inclined to put up with it. By 'love my enemy' I'm not referring to the President, I'm referring to terrorists, and NO, I don't love any politician. I can't believe you totally misread what I wrote. Let me point out that women in the military are not what got us into two wars. Maybe YOU should go back inside and lock the doors against all the liberal boogey-men that are after you.

Now, if you're referring to ME as a 'lily livered liberal' ..... I'm advising you to not do it again. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey Glory -

I think you are missing Yod's speaking with tongue-in-cheek.

I'll explain with this one:

Now, if you're referring to ME as a 'lily livered liberal'

"oh fer the love of lilly-livered liberals!!!??!"

That's taken from the expression: "For the love of Pete!"

He was just playing around with the expression and coming up with his own.

It's an effort to be silly, not calling you that.