• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/10/1968

Its the time of year again when mother's day comes around. I am glad there are those out there who have great mothers, unfortunately I don't. It makes me sad. My mother was both physically and emotionally abusive to me when I was growing up. She is still to this day a very bitter woman. We no longer have any communications. I guess I just want to say to you guys who have good mothers , you should thank God daily. Please remember mine in your prayers. She is lost.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Its the time of year again when mother's day comes around. I am glad there are those out there who have great mothers, unfortunately I don't. It makes me sad. My mother was both physically and emotionally abusive to me when I was growing up. She is still to this day a very bitter woman. We no longer have any communications. I guess I just want to say to you guys who have good mothers , you should thank God daily. Please remember mine in your prayers. She is lost.

Believe me, I thank God for my mother. Not only that, I frequently contemplate the blessings I have in my life and how I do not deserve them. Let's just say my life could very easily have turned out much worse than it did. I'm sorry that your mother is lost. I really am. :(

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hugs, Searching. My prayer is that the Lord will bring in your life a godly older woman who will be the type of mom you never had but always wanted. I'll also be praying that your mother will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

:( Searching, my heart goes out to you in love and sadness. I know how fortunate I have been to have had a great Mamma. I wish every child could have had some of my experiences. I know many, many women who did not have a loving maternal figure and have been scarred by it for most of their lives. I think it speaks volumes to your character that you ask us to remember yours in prayer. I have a close friend who lived a childhood that no little child should have to go through. Instead of being angry and bitter and reliving this nightmare - she has made a wonderful home and given her children the childhood she never had - with lots of love and attention and grace. She is a beautiful Christian who forgave and moved on with her life. God Loves You and so do I, my friend. Blessings!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

it's nice to able to express how we feel about our mothers. mine was not abusive in any way but she was, how shall i put this, two-faced? not quite it, but maybe that's the best way to put it. hot, then cold, i never really knew how she felt about much and do not trust her to this day. however, i celebrate her on mother's day. she did give birth to me and sacrificed things she may have wanted to put her children first. i make it a point to remember my gratitude and put away my resentment. that's all i can do.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:( Searching :taped:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Hi Searching.

I felt the same way as you do when my mother was alive. No, she did not beat me, but our relationship could of been a 1000 times better. She was not a Christian, so there were parts of her life that was very ungodly, which affected us kids in huge ways. I was bitter toward her about this for years, even though we did communicate. Now that she has passed on, I have finally learned how to forgive her, but she will never know this unless the Lord see fit to inform her. I am afraid that I will not be seeing her in my next life. I fear that there will be a "great gulf" separating us.

While she is still alive, ask God for the strength to forgive her and show her the love you do have inside of you, the love of Christ.

God Bless,

Alan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/15/1959

Awe Joy I'm so sorry to hear those words coming from you. I was very blessed of having a wonderful mom but Mothers Day is a sad day for me now that she is no longer here with us. But oh one day I will see her again and oh what a joy that is to my heart. My mom was my very best friend so it is hard for me to comprehend mothers that aren't good ones but I know they are out there. I will pray that your mom gets blessed beyond measure and that ya'lls relationship will be restored as God heals and I will pray for her salvation as well.

Love ya sister

cecee :)

'

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Hi Searching, It always breaks my heart when I hear about abuse that some mothers bestow on their kids and I don't understand it.

My mom died when I was ten and my grandma took over the raising of us kids. She is a wonderful woman and I thank God for her. Thru her trial and errors, she has taught me to be the best mom I can be.

My husbands mom abused him terribly when he was a child, to the point he almost died when he was about two. He has alot of bitterness and hatred for her, and no child should feel that way about their moms.

And I can see from your post, that even though you suffered at her hands, you still have a heart for her and her soul :D

I will pray for her salvation and restoration of your relationship.

God bless

stacey c

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Manie - I appreciate you more and more as a Christian sister. God Loves you - Blessings!!! :D