Our brain soul and spirit

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting question Negative_Cool. I would be interested in the replies/answers to this one.............. :noidea:

Moved to Apologetics: The Substance of Man: Body, Spirit, Soul

In agreement with the above comments I will re-iterate:

The body (bios) is the outer man. It is the faculties by which we perceive and interact with the physical realm.

The soul (psuche) is the inner man. It includes the mind, the emotions, and the will of man.

The human spirit (pneuma) is the vessel designed to contain the Spirit of God. It is by the spirit that we perceive the spiritual realm and spiritual things. The human spirit contains the conscience, the intuition, and fellowship with God. The spirit of man is, at the time of the redemption, regenerated with the life of God; and it is by the spirit that the believers are renewed, and through which the believers are saved daily.

Thank you for all your replies, its really a mystery isn't it? Something we have to experience, its so good to know that we are SEALED by the Holy Spirit when we come to Jesus and adopted into Gods family, this body we live in and this earth we live on are only temperary,we are travelers marching to our eternal destenation , everyday brings us one day closer.....

Isn't it amazing that Jesus loves us so much that He died for our sins?? Isn't that amazing love???

And to know that Gods Spirit lives in you and me?

Maranatha Jessu come!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  1

Cheese Louise - I get so tired of Christians squabbling with each other.........I looked up Andy on his website, and their mission statement is just like most Christian mission statements and they have the same belilefs as most Christians, so I don't know where you're coming from with this comment.

Understanding Spirit, Soul, And Body

By Andrew Wommack

Did you know a Christian can actually die from sickness or disease while the same power that raised Jesus from the dead lies dormant within them? Or did you know that believers can be overcome with depression, anger, and bitterness, all the while possessing God’s love, joy, and peace in their spirits?

It’s true—they can and they do. Why? Because they really don’t understand what changed when they were born again, and therefore have difficulty receiving the promises of God. The Bible says that every born-again believer has undergone a complete inner transformation.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ” (2 Cor. 5:17-18).

It doesn’t say that all things are becoming new or have the potential of becoming new; they are new, the moment you are born again. But in order for that to make sense, you must first understand how God created you.

More.... http://www.awmi.net/extra/audio/1027

First, let me answer by saying that a Christian will always die with His Spirit in them. They will never live forever within this body.

A lot of what Andy writes is not in accordance to what scripture says. Look on the internet for "Andrew Wommack: 'The MOST DANGEROUS MAN On Christian Television' (prosperity/dominion) ". I would place the link here, but this site stand firmly against posting any link to you tube.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Cheese Louise - I get so tired of Christians squabbling with each other.........I looked up Andy on his website, and their mission statement is just like most Christian mission statements and they have the same belilefs as most Christians, so I don't know where you're coming from with this comment.

By Andrew Wommack

Did you know a Christian can actually die from sickness or disease while the same power that raised Jesus from the dead lies dormant within them? Or did you know that believers can be overcome with depression, anger, and bitterness, all the while possessing God’s love, joy, and peace in their spirits?

It’s true—they can and they do. Why? Because they really don’t understand what changed when they were born again, and therefore have difficulty receiving the promises of God. The Bible says that every born-again believer has undergone a complete inner transformation.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ” (2 Cor. 5:17-18).

It doesn’t say that all things are becoming new or have the potential of becoming new; they are new, the moment you are born again. But in order for that to make sense, you must first understand how God created you.

First, let me answer by saying that a Christian will always die with His Spirit in them. They will never live forever within this body.

A lot of what Andy writes is not in accordance to what scripture says. Look on the internet for "Andrew Wommack: 'The MOST DANGEROUS MAN On Christian Television' (prosperity/dominion) ". I would place the link here, but this site stand firmly against posting any link to you tube.

You can't know what a person teaches by their statement of faith or mission statement. You should listen to his sermons and teachings before you decide to accept what he says as true. Let me put it a different way. Did the Berean's take Paul's statement of faith to scripture to see if it was the truth, or did they take what Paul taught and placed it beside scripture to see if ti was truth?

Do your homework, my friend, if you want to learn. Just don't read the cover and think you know what is inside.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

By Andrew Wommack

I too get tired of the strife between Christians (something I 'm working on). It seems easier to argue over the inter net, there's less feelings when you can't hear tone or see body language. You can't change others the only one you have control over is you.

I agree with Onelight about being Barean with what a teacher says and try to stay away from third party criticism. If the teacher is teaching Christ crucified (Gospel) and makes studying the bible primary, then you can't go wrong.

Peace

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1959

Trying to make it as simple as possible ...

Spirit ... the driving force behind the human ... the entity that is alive, even after physical death.

Soul ... The personality of the spirit, emotions.

Body ... the tool we use to function in this life where the brain is the control panel.

Does this help?

Yes, we use the word metaphorically to mean what moves/motivates us.

Spirit of love. Means our actions are motivated by love. Spirit of sin, our actions motivated by sin etc...

Metaphysically, maybe more. All the mental goings on that make-up our personality. To act in the name of Jesus. To act according to his motivations, his values.

Someone told me before, old Greek guy, that soul was the building block of life.

GEN 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Spirit is the product of soul and matter/flesh. Really through the struggle of life, man's spirit is forged.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Genesis 2:7

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

We are a SOUL, not a mbody. The body is the human house of the soul.

1 Corinthians 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

I believe that when man sinned we lost our human spirit. Now we must be filled with God's Holy Spirit to fill that space left void at the fall.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,296
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I think the use of the word "misconception" is incorrect as used here. Plasma is considered to be a forth state of matter by many physicists. Other physicists, however, think it is best classified as an ionized gas.

I'm not sure at all what you mean by time being a "virtual dimension." In Eisenstein's equations, if my memory is correct (Viole please correct me if I'm wrong), time is on equal footing with space. The rate at which time changes does depend on one's frame of reference, however, if that's what you mean.

Matter and space are the corollary elements by which time is metered and understood by finite means into infinite applications... I believe the work Einstein was absorbed in was the infinite as it subjects all that is within-> being the entirety of bounded realities ever in continuance with the movement toward The Unbounded. Relativity being the pen upon which 'IS' cannot be resolved into formatted conclusion of any type of understanding not matter, space or time but in a continuum of increase or decrease becoming one in the same and relatable distinctions as to dimensions merely numbered realities that lie subject to infinite reality of undefined continuance (Christ spoke of this so softly 'My Father can do anything' the fullness of this statement lies not in the reader but in the Revealer) subjected by the reality itself I AM that I AM...

Who then may speak from this but God 'IS' this reality. When we approach Him with our beginning we automatically become solvent to His (desire, pleasure, will) of just when it pleases Him to our beginning-> in decision of being<- for it is destined to when He first began us in His Thoughts. Does our image relate to Him in structure as to our own experience that when 'IS' is placed in past, the capsule of memory, it seems to loose cohesion to the metered aspect of time in the approach as to future. We seem to be given the permission to relate to time as we please when placed into memory. However as to continuance we are subjected to the Will of the metered aspect -all of which is Invisible attributes our Father proclaims by example to be empowered with= distinctives that proclaim Him enough for eternal judgment of those who reject His Reality within His Creation...
Rom 1
. In God alone lies the comfort of infinite a reality of filling as His alone. The 'IS'.. even the angels fear this truth for the lake of fire is a reality that cannot be escaped in any form ...for it is without limits in metaphysical concepts unarrived... it becomes the 'IS' inescapable by being! satan shall be placed in a bottomless pit a concept of weightedness yet non corporeal displacement in sensation of falling without end for 1000 years... imagine falling in the absence of light, unmetered by time, with only the limitations of ones own realties to accompany ones thoughts ... all the while ->when the impact will come or what will become of this! It is why the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom for He alone is God and we shall always know Him as exceedingly great for when we arrive more shall be given ...welcome to 'IS' ...

Love Steven

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Read St.Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologica .You can find it at newadvent.org

He has great explanation in detail to your answer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,296
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

One must lay down all learned realties in physical natures in order not to misapply to Spiritual realities! Everything here has been set forth as beginning within the infinite-> it is only initial spot of awareness of being growing outward and inward... we tend, as people, to want everything to be known before we commit to, but if one would closely examine this even in the physical realm it has never been so but always a measure of faith is required in any direction! So moving to the Spiritual realities is readiness of heart to no longer require presanctioned ideals formed by natural laws but to lay one's weight upon promised care of God in the movement toward the unknown with the comfort of The Holy Spirit of God within who has ,as God, the 'IS' dwelling in all eternities presently a Guide in this movement... It becomes uncomfortable to become aware of unending realties-> for that yields to radiance of The Truth of eternities within eternities and Known belongs only to God who dwells as the Keeper of those eternities in Himself... what has begun will not cease and is without limits 'IS' the very Presence of God as we move and a deepening of the understanding of grace that He does not destroy us in His wrath but loves us in His Son secured and sealed by His Very Own Spirit within to guide teach and comfort the journey unto His Pleasure forever... To love Him and others 'IS' Spirit and Life in Him...

Proper attitude is belief-

Eccl 11:5-6

5 As you do not know what is the way of the wind,

Or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child,

So you do not know the works of God who makes everything.

6 In the morning sow your seed,

And in the evening do not withhold your hand;

For you do not know which will prosper,

Either this or that,

Or whether both alike will be good.

NKJV

James 1:6-8

6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

NKJV

John 3:5-8

5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

NKJV

Love Steven