• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. I just hope it actually stays on topic.

Click here

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It IS very interesting. The only thing that puzzles me is why humans presume to believe that, if something doesn't make sense to us, then God must have gotten it wrong. He is God....WE are just mortals.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

The byline was a turn off for me.

"Why We Need Earthquakes

Without them, the planet couldn't support creatures like us." I dunno, maybe I am just silly, but I think God has all that covered.

Some of the comments to the article were exactly my thoughts when I read it. Scripture tells us the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth (Romans 8:22). Man wasn't the only thing affected by the fall, all of creation was which include the earth. To try to find some reason beyond what Scripture says is foolish, in my opinion.

Guest AllHeart

When the Tsunami hit a few Christmas's ago killing thousands of people I didnt see it on the news until a week later. When I saw it I had no issue with what God was doing and just asked Him "why Lord? Whats happening?" He replied " I am very slow to anger and abounding in love but these people have tried my patience with their false idols and child prostitution. So I have slamed my fist into the sea"........"ok" i said and didnt talk about it again.

God, in my opinion, can do what He wants, when He wants. The bible says "the earth is the Lords and everything in it". He created life, He created the womb in a woman and if He chooses to end life its His right. Its His right to do whatever He wants because He is God.

"God is in heaven and He will do as He pleases"

If anyone has an issue with that. If anyone has an issue with God being GOD then I wouldnt want to be in their shoes!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

It IS very interesting. The only thing that puzzles me is why humans presume to believe that, if something doesn't make sense to us, then God must have gotten it wrong. He is God....WE are just mortals.

Amen

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

This is a very interesting and thought provoking article.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

The byline was a turn off for me.

"Why We Need Earthquakes

Without them, the planet couldn't support creatures like us." I dunno, maybe I am just silly, but I think God has all that covered.

There is an article in this month's issue of Scientific American and it explains the major impact such things have on our atmosphere. There is a lot more going on than is immediately apparent to the casual observer. Think of it this way, if there is a God then he had to put plate tectonics (and other things in place) to make this planet habitable over the long term. Scientists are simply uncovering why these things are so necessary. It is all very fascinating.

Hitchey,

Of Course there is a God and He created things to work perfect concert with each other.... I was looking at an illustration of the human gastric system the other day - fascinating!!! He is awesome. BTW... I STILL pray for you!! :rolleyes: Blessings!!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

However, smart people would choose not to build homes on the sides of volcanoes or on top of major faults or in flood zones.

True.

So does that mean people in San Franciso and LA are not very smart? :taped:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not going to say that they aren't smart... but I would have to wonder between the earthquake of 1905 and the fires and being on the San Andreas fault... why they keep building over and over ... it is a beautiful city, tho. Los Angeles... is another story... I do not understand why people live there...