pokemaughan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

But just to comment on drinking being a sin. Jesus maybe have never drank wine (not sure if He did or not) but why would He turn water into wine then offer the wine to His followers if they weren't to drink it because it is sinful?

And what was served at the last supper? Wasn't wine offered to represent His blood?

Any time wine was used in a good context, or where its clear a believer is using it will be automatically changed to 'grape juice'. Any time wine was used in a bad context it is 'wine'.

I do not agree with the above assessment, mind you. I am merely telling you their means of interpretation. And yes, they WILL say that the weddings guests were commenting "why did they save the best grape juice til last?"

Welcome to the discussion. :P

You might want to get out now while you still have your sanity. :20:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I do not want to deal with every Tom Dick and Harry and their arguments

But God loves every Tom Dick and Harry. You sound like you have your own agenda in finding that young guy about to get on the bus. Did the Holy Spirit direct you to go out and target a certain market and not have to deal with the rest? I don't mean to sound rude but I don't know what you mean.

No,

I was not directed by the Holy Spirit, but it makes total common sense that if 68% of all who are saved are kids between 9 and 14 and 28% are between 14 and 19 I should not be wasting valuable time with others..unless the HS does directly me to someone. sometime there is only an older person at the bus termenals we go so of course we share with them.

I am not falsely responsible for anyone's salvation. I go where I will be most effective, unless other wise directed.

I have been directed to certain people now and again.

I hope this answers you question..eating leftover barbecued rock cod and headed to the hardware strore to buy beding plants with neighbor. He just ho :20: nked!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Stating that it is a sin to have a glass of wine is placing a stumbling block in front of your brother and sister. If drinking causes you to loose your self-control and sin, then don't drink, period.

I have a slightly different interpretation on the Romans verses. We know the stronger brother finds permissible something that the weaker brother finds to be a sin, right? I just don't think the weaker brother sees the stronger brother as someone who is actually stronger. The weaker brother sees the stonger brother as being weaker. The weaker brother witnessing the act doesn't then decide to partake in whatever it is he thinks is sin - this is not where he stumbles. He decides to JUDGE the stronger brother for his decision. So if we do something permissible in front of him we may put him into judgement mode, which is not a good place to put someone who is weaker.

Basically what I said, but in more words.

1 Corinthians 8:9

But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.

Guest LadyC

artsy, i believe you're absolutely correct... the stumbling is in casting judgment. but at what point does the person judging become the stumbling block to the stronger brother? i see a lot of that going on in this thread unfortunately!

servant, please tell me what the heck "Xian" is?

I was not directed by the Holy Spirit, but it makes total common sense that if 68% of all who are saved are kids between 9 and 14 and 28% are between 14 and 19 I should not be wasting valuable time with others

In witnessing I think you should follow the Holy Spirit rather than choose a target market based on statistics. :20:

the stumbling is in casting judgment

Right. The weaker brother isn't going to suddenly decide to go ahead and do what he finds unpermissable - ie, eat meat or drink. He will judge the stronger brother and that is where the 'stumbling' comes into play.

Guest LadyC

oh EXCUSE ME! oh my gosh, i'm just absolutely astonished that you would say such a thing servant! you should not be wasting your valuable time witnessing to others over the age of 19??????????????

i'm sorry, i gotta get out of here. i've never been so infuriated with another christian in all my life, and i better leave this thread before i say something i might regret... something maybe like pointing out how you have no problem spending your valuable time spreading condemnation in this discussion to anyone who doesn't bow to your standards.

Guest LadyC

and one more thing... i think i just figured out what "Xian" means. if i'm correct, and you're abbreviating the word christian, then maybe you might want to think taking the word CHRIST out of it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

But just to comment on drinking being a sin. Jesus maybe have never drank wine (not sure if He did or not) but why would He turn water into wine then offer the wine to His followers if they weren't to drink it because it is sinful?

And what was served at the last supper? Wasn't wine offered to represent His blood?

Any time wine was used in a good context, or where its clear a believer is using it will be automatically changed to 'grape juice'. Any time wine was used in a bad context it is 'wine'.

I do not agree with the above assessment, mind you. I am merely telling you their means of interpretation. And yes, they WILL say that the weddings guests were commenting "why did they save the best grape juice til last?"

Welcome to the discussion. :wub:

You might want to get out now while you still have your sanity. :20:

I might fit in here, I've never been sane :P

He's out to mass market but doesn't seem to have the true heart of a witness if he is willing to overlook even one person, especially based on their age? :20:

How did you know the young Muslim convert girl was demonized?

This is not sitting well with me either.

Please go to Youtube and look up "crazy Christian woman", from a television episode of Wife Swap. If you bear any resemblence to this woman you are doing more harm than good and you need help. I hope this is not the case.