• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/17/1971

Let me start off by saying that I do believe in God.

I was a christian for many years,then I found paganism.It gave me the freedom i yearned,the trouble is it gave me so much freedom with my beliefs that I found myself floundering.

I need God.

Due to study though i am confused by the whole pagan/christian holidays.Who celebrated it first?

I know the Bible has been mistranslated and now i don't know what is of God and what is of man

I believe in God but I don't believe in the devil

I believe in heaven but don't believe in hell.

I believe Jesus died for my sins,but I don't believe it should be forever spoken about to make us feel bad.

I believe in a God of love but not one of fear.

I feel like I'm being torn in different directions,and don't know where to turn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Pray and you will be shown the way.

Blessings

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I think I know where you are coming from, I was there myself at one point asking the same questions. To receive a true revelation of God you must be Born Again. I can see that you are very zealous but truly none of those questions will be ever answered for you if you don't come to a full revelation of God and know him as your personal savior. This is not some cliche, it is real. The reason you feel so torn about in different directions is because the Devil is trying to confuse you and cause you to give up in your search for answers. Do you know his greatest weapon is for you to believe that he doesn't exist? Truly, if I were really intent on screwing someone over I would not let them know it was going to happen to them.

The questions you've asked are not hard questions to answer but it wont mean much unless you are Born Again, that is, Born of the Spirit. We are all available here to help you if you would like be Born Again. I pray you will.

GOD BLESS YOU

John 3

1 There was a man named Nicodemus, a Jewish religious leader who was a Pharisee. 2 After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus. “Rabbi,” he said, “we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.”

3 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

4 “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?”

5 Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. 6 Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life . 7 So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’

....I believe in a God of love but not one of fear.

We Are Made In God's Image

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 1:27

Not The Other Way Around

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:8-9

And The LORD Is Quick To Forgive

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isaiah 55:6-7

If Sinners Would But Call

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:32

And Some Will

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned:

John 3:16-18(a)

But Most Won't

but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

John 3:18(b-c)-20

So Trust God

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Proverbs 3:5-7

And Know Peace

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:27

Be Blessed

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

God will help us become the people we are meant to be, if only we will ask Him. :cool:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

My signature is there to remind me that in times of doubt, do this ...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Let me start off by saying that I do believe in God.

I was a christian for many years,then I found paganism.It gave me the freedom i yearned,the trouble is it gave me so much freedom with my beliefs that I found myself floundering.

I need God.

Due to study though i am confused by the whole pagan/christian holidays.Who celebrated it first?

I know the Bible has been mistranslated and now i don't know what is of God and what is of man

I believe in God but I don't believe in the devil

I believe in heaven but don't believe in hell.

I believe Jesus died for my sins,but I don't believe it should be forever spoken about to make us feel bad.

I believe in a God of love but not one of fear.

I feel like I'm being torn in different directions,and don't know where to turn.

how did bondage with paganism give you freedom? it is a false freedom.... just like the boy that took his inheritance and took off on his own, he was "free" to do as he pleased, and yet, he ended up in bondage slopping pigs for a very measly bit to eat.

who cares who celebrated what day, for what reason first, why does a person celebrate any holiday? what is the real reason for the celebration? I can take anything and make it something it is not and call it anything I want.... some people worship on the original Sabbath, others worship on the first day of the week, while others yet, worship midweek, which day are we to hold above another? some eat meat and some do not, again, which is correct?

in what way has the Bible been mistranslated?

what made you come to the conclusion there is no hell? but that there is a heaven?

how about God and the devil?

if Jesus died for your sins, then where did your sins originate? if there is no devil, there would be no sins, if there is no hell, then why did Jesus have to die for your sins?

if a person was to read the accounts of David, that is King David, in one account you can see the events of David going after a woman that was the wife of another man, and then having that man killed to cover his sin..... in another account of the events of Davids life, you see nothing of this....

the conversation between the devil and God could be like this..... being David repented of this deed....

devil: but you see, David went after this woman and...........

God: where? I do not see it, for he repented.

devil: but it is right here, written down as such....

God: nope, don't see it, I am looking here in Chronicles, and I do not see it for David is a man that really loves me and I forgave him and I had taken any and all of his sins and cast them away, as far as the east is from the west... so you see,

even though David, My Servant, was born and lived long before My Son did, his sins are also forgiven, so, like I said before,

David has no sin listed in My book and My book is the only one that matters

I can understand why you feel as though you are being torn in two, cause you are.

you have turned away from God and went after false gods, gods of the flesh, turned away from your first love,

I believe that in order for one to get back on track with God they would have to completely give themselves over to the Lord, spend as much time as they can in the Word, in Prayer, in Worship, in Praise, just basking in His Presence.... putting away the things of this world, the things of the flesh.....

God, my God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, of David, IS.....IS......IS a very loving God, He Loves us so much that He sent His Only Son, Jesus, to come to the earth, live as we lived and then give Himself over for crucifixion... man did not take the life of Christ, Christ, Jesus, gave His Life up. He gave it up so that we could spend the rest of eternity with Him, we have a choice to make, either we want to spend it with God, in fellowship with God, or spend it separated from God, completely.

some people ask,..... how can a loving God send some one to hell?

well, that is the persons choice, they send them selves, they know the rules of the road, they chose to break them, and they chose to reject the One that can deliver them.....

the street out side our house is 30 MPH.

it is posted, but yet, many choose to ignore the speed limit, just because they ignore it, does not mean it does not exist.

a person may choose to go 60 MPH every day to and from work down this road, and they may never get caught, but in doing so, they tend to think they will not get caught. then one day an officer is sitting waiting for them, and catches them and writes them a traffic ticket. They then have to go to court to see the judge, the judge being a good man, will do what is right, and convict and sentence the person caught breaking the law......

now, who's fault is it? the judge? no, the perp..... the citizens turning them in? no, the perp...... the speeder can not blame anyone other then themselves....

the rules are of God, the rules are posted (God's Commandments, whether a person goes with the two greatest or they go with the ten or if they try to follow all the other rules that fall under the ten that fall under the two, they are all posted)

now, whether we want to accept it or not, God is still God, if I do not accept God as being God, that matters not, He is STILL MY GOD, even if I do not want Him to be, and I will stand in front of Him and account for my life.....

what I choose to do with God's commandments is my choice, and God will reprimand me out of love, if He did not love me, then He would not have provided me a solution to my problems, He would not rebuke me, correct me.....

if I love my children, I will correct them when they need it... this will help them to become upstanding citizens in the community with out having to worry about legal issues...... if I do not love my children, I will not correct them and let them do as they please.... If I do not care about my neighbor, I will not try to let them know about Christ, if I love my neighbor, i will let them know about Christ..... If I love them, I will show my love and do what might be pleasing to them......

as God said...... IF YOU LOVE ME...... (if you really, truly love me) YOU WILL (not maybe, not some of them, but all of them) KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS....

If I love my wife, I will do things to try and please her, if I love my GOD, i will do things to try and please HIM....

not things that displease Him.....

my suggestion would be to spend a lot of time getting back in to your relationship with God....

mike

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Pray and you will be shown the way.

Blessings

I truly believe this too; He always shows me the way to go if I ask. It will work for anyone who believes in Him. :b: