• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Hi everyone, I first want to thank you all for your prayers some time back when I was very desperate to get out of my parents house and live on my own. Well.. it seems like the Lord has paved a way for me though an old friend.. She owns a house with 3 other tenants and has 2 rooms to offer. The only down side is that she has 2 cats, I'm allergic to them but it's better for me that I move out now and then find an apartment to live on my own a little later down the line.

Okay but here is the question for this topic, since the majority of you here are older, wiser and have my life experiences than me. Any advice on how I should tell my parents that I'm going to be moving out? I dont want to hurt them, they are dear to me and have helped me so much in my life even if some times were really hard.

GOD BLESS

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Are you sure you'll be able to live with your allergy to cats? My son-in-law is allergic to them, and he can't breathe around them.

I'm going to get an air purifier. From all the reviews I've read of it, it will GREATLY reduce the symptoms.. I think it won't be a problem.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Make your moving out about you, not them. Simply tell them that at your age it's time to be on your own. Laying no blame on anyone will smooth your path out the door. Speaking as a parent, it was hard to see my 'babies' move out (and they all did within three years!) but it's the natural order of things and I don't think your parents will be surprised that you want to stand on your own.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Parents allways support children no matter their age.If want to move then you move out.Not easy said but then there is no other way.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I'm not older than you but I moved out of my parents house a few years ago and debated for ages the best way to tell them...in the end I just had to tell them that I was moving... like others have said, its best to just be honest. Don't leave it too late though or they'll be hurt that you didn't tell them sooner.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Hi everyone, I first want to thank you all for your prayers some time back when I was very desperate to get out of my parents house and live on my own. Well.. it seems like the Lord has paved a way for me though an old friend.. She owns a house with 3 other tenants and has 2 rooms to offer. The only down side is that she has 2 cats, I'm allergic to them but it's better for me that I move out now and then find an apartment to live on my own a little later down the line.

Okay but here is the question for this topic, since the majority of you here are older, wiser and have my life experiences than me. Any advice on how I should tell my parents that I'm going to be moving out? I dont want to hurt them, they are dear to me and have helped me so much in my life even if some times were really hard.

GOD BLESS

You would be surprised how adaptable "we parents" are when you tell us you are moving out... Sometimes we help you move :laugh: !!! Take an antihistamine and keep your bedroom door closed so the cats don't get on your bed - you'll be fine!!! :consoling2:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

GOD BLESS

Hey Blien, You stated that some times were hard. Does this mean your parents were hard? If this is the case, keep in mind that parents are human...most often they do things in a way, the only way they may know how, in order to PREPARE you for the time you are about to endeavour. I know as a parent that when my daughter moves out and gets her own place, I will worry...profusely!!! But when I see that she is able to make it on her own, I will know that I have done somewhat of a good job. Don't be so worrysome on your parents reaction. They are well aware you won't be living with them forever...nor do I believe they want you too...LOL.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Blien, I think your parents will be happy if not delighted to see you move out on your own. It's in the Bible. It's part of becoming a man (or a woman). :thumbsup: I'm 30 and I've lived on my own for a few years now, financially independant of Mom & Dad as well.

Nice! I was actually thinking.. where in the Bible there were examples of people who moved out of their parents home. Maybe my memory was foggy but I could only recall Jacob.