nChrist

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

BTW please don't take this as any kind of disagreement with your post, I do agree with most of it.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The first thing you should do when doing this kind of studying is to define what the words translated from Greek and Hebrew mean in the origional language.

When you look at the Greek words, they may or may not actually be portraying what we think when we read the word "God/god".

BTW please don't take this as any kind of disagreement with your post, I do agree with most of it.

Thats correct. Theos is capitalized and un-cap. Depending on usage. There are also uses where is is capitalized in the NT when it should not be most likely. Like when Jesus made reference to old testament men being called god or gods. Have to go, that is in John somewhere.

There is a lot of confusion on this topic. Not in one place in the bible does our Lord Jesus Christ claim to be equal to God. In fact all authority he has was given to him which means he didn't have it in the first place. There goes co-equal out the window. He was also sent, mentioned it many times. The one sent is not greater than the one who sends.

Edited by Ottawan61350

Guest shiloh357
There is a lot of confusion on this topic. Not in one place in the bible does our Lord Jesus Christ claim to be equal to God.
Actually, when Jesus calls Himself "The Son of God" He is claiming equality.

In Jewish usage, the term

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

There is a lot of confusion on this topic. Not in one place in the bible does our Lord Jesus Christ claim to be equal to God. In fact all authority he has was given to him which means he didn't have it in the first place. There goes co-equal out the window. He was also sent, mentioned it many times. The one sent is not greater than the one who sends.

What Shiloh says above. :emot-hug:

Plus a large portion of confusion seems to actually lie at your door Ron...you are trying to teach, but you are teaching outright falsehood...there is no other way I can put it.

The whole thrust of the ministry of the L-rd, demonstrates in the most powerful way possible, exactly who He is....do you honestly think you can reduce the L-rd of Glory to the limitations of your misunderstanding and get away with teaching such ignorance to others...I don't think so.

For your sake I hope you have a teachable spirit, and that by the grace of G-d you will come to see, understand and KNOW the Saviour, because where you stand now, demonstrates the Jesus you know is not the Jesus I know, or that is found in the pages of Scripture.

Deeply concerned. Botz

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Look I maybe new to all this but at the same time I know my way around the new testament and I have yet to see a scripture were Christ says he is God. He ask his disciples who the people thought he was, and then they told him a John the Baptist, Jeremiah, Elijah or even a prophet. Christ then ask them who they think he is and Peter simply says, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God." Christ tells Peter this comes from his Father in heaven, in short he confirms what Peter is saying. Now maybe there different terms for the term Son, but if Christ were equal to God, or was God he would have spelled that out very clearly.

After Christ was Baptized by John God says "This is my Son, whom I love; With him I am well pleased." This one does not suggest they were equal to one another. It also does not suggest that Christ was God as some christian believe, how could God be pleased with himself, does that make sense. Now Christ does show that there is a deep connection and relationship between himself and God.

Now this in no way takes away from who Christ was, he was the Son of the living God. He was sent here to bridge the Gap between use and God. He was sent here to teach use how to live our lives. He was sent here to die for our sins so that we wouldn't have to. The Laws exist for three reasons, the first is to give use right from wrong, the second reason is to point out our sins, and the third and final reason is to make use realize that we are incapable of full filling the law and thus turn to Christ for salvation. Christ was given full authority over heaven and hell, which is why we can only enter heaven through him, by believing in him and having faith in him.

I have yet to see a scripture that says that Christ is God, and till I do I will continue to believe that Christ was the Son of God and that any one who believes Christ is God has put there belief in false teachings.

However as I said I'm still new to this but I think the New Testament and Christ and Gods own words pretty much says it all. That's just my belief any way. I will be the first to submit to the fact that I am wrong if you can back it up by scripture.

Guest shiloh357

Look I maybe new to all this but at the same time I know my way around the new testament and I have yet to see a scripture were Christ says he is God.

Look at what Jesus said:

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

(Rev 1:8-13)

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

(Rev 1:17-18)

Twice Jesus says he is the First and The Last and that title is ascribed to "The Almighty." (Rev. 1:8)

Notice what God says in Isaiah:

Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he. (Isa. 41:4)

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

(Isa 44:6)

Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. (Isa 48:12)

Almighty God in the OT calls Himself the first and the last and also says that there is no God beside Him. Jesus appears to John and is called, "The First and the Last. "Almighty" is one of the Names of God, "Shaddai" in the OT. Jesus is calling Himself God.

Seems that you need to take another trip around the New Testament. You don't know it as well as you presume that you do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Luk 5:17-24 MKJV And it happened on one of the days, even He was teaching. And Pharisees and teachers of the Law were sitting by, who had come out of every village of Galilee and Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was there, for the curing of them. 18 And behold, men carrying, on a cot, a man who was paralyzed. And they sought to bring him in and to lay him before Him.

19 And not finding a way by which they might bring him in through the crowd, going up on the housetop, they let him down through the tiles with his cot into the midst, before Jesus. 20 And seeing their faith, He said to him, Man, your sins are forgiven you. 21 And the scribes and Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, except God alone?

22 But knowing their thoughts, answering, Jesus said to them, Why do you reason in your hearts? 23 Which is easier, to say, Your sins are forgiven you; or to say, Rise up and walk? 24 But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins, He said to the paralytic, I say to you, Arise, and take up your cot and go to your house.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

As I pointed out I still have a lot to learn and freely admit this. Hence why I come here in the first place. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/13/1964

As I pointed out I still have a lot to learn and freely admit this. Hence why I come here in the first place. :emot-pray:

Make sure before you are bullied into believing stuff.

Some of these guys don't show 1% of the love and compassion of Christ in their replies.

1Co 15:22-28 For just as [because of their union of nature] in Adam all people die, so also [by virtue of their union of nature] shall all in Christ be made alive. But each in his own rank and turn: Christ (the Messiah) [is] the firstfruits, then those who are Christ's [own will be resurrected] at His coming. After that comes the end (the completion), when He delivers over the kingdom to God the Father after rendering inoperative and abolishing every [other] rule and every authority and power. For [Christ] must be King and reign until He has put all [His] enemies under His feet. [Ps. 110:1.]

The last enemy to be subdued and abolished is death. For He [the Father] has put all things in subjection under His [Christ's] feet. But when it says, All things are put in subjection [under Him], it is evident that He [Himself] is excepted Who does the subjecting of all things to Him. [Ps. 8:6.]

However, when everything is subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also subject Himself to [the Father] Who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all [be everything to everyone, supreme, the indwelling and controlling factor of life].

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? (which being translated is, My God, My God, why did You forsake Me?)

To create a god and worship him as God is a sin.

Jesus -the human being- did what he was send to do. He is the Son of God and our Saviour, but God is God and He will not share His Glory!!!!

Look at Rev 22:16 -19.

Edited by J Dee

Guest shiloh357
As I pointed out I still have a lot to learn and freely admit this. Hence why I come here in the first place. :)

Make sure before you are bullied into believing stuff.

Some of these guys don't show 1% of the love and compassion of Christ in their replies.

1Co 15:22-28 For just as [because of their union of nature] in Adam all people die, so also [by virtue of their union of nature] shall all in Christ be made alive. But each in his own rank and turn: Christ (the Messiah) [is] the firstfruits, then those who are Christ's [own will be resurrected] at His coming. After that comes the end (the completion), when He delivers over the kingdom to God the Father after rendering inoperative and abolishing every [other] rule and every authority and power. For [Christ] must be King and reign until He has put all [His] enemies under His feet. [Ps. 110:1.]

The last enemy to be subdued and abolished is death. For He [the Father] has put all things in subjection under His [Christ's] feet. But when it says, All things are put in subjection [under Him], it is evident that He [Himself] is excepted Who does the subjecting of all things to Him. [Ps. 8:6.]

However, when everything is subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also subject Himself to [the Father] Who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all [be everything to everyone, supreme, the indwelling and controlling factor of life].

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? (which being translated is, My God, My God, why did You forsake Me?)

To create a god and worship him as God is a sin.

Jesus -the human being- did what he was send to do. He is the Son of God and our Saviour, but God is God and He will not share His Glory!!!!

Look at Rev 22:16 -19.

Jesus was 100% man and 100% God. He absolvd sins, exercised personal power over both death and nature, called Himself "Eternal Life," received worship, claimed to be pre-existent with God before the world was made, and applied titles to Himself that are reserved for God alone.

Those who deny the deity of Jesus, are rejecting an essential, defining element of the Christian faith. If all God needed was a man to die for our sins, Moses or Abraham would have been sufficient.