IGNORED

Abortion Doctor shot at CHURCH????

anitarose

Imagine if we gave names and faces to the 1.5 to 2 million children killed each year, and publicized these stories the way we publicize the death of one of the men who killed them? Would we be outraged, or would we tend to shrug it off when we found out they were the vicims of legal murder through abortion? :noidea:

Then why don't you do that!!!!????

What's stopping you from doing something like that?

Granted, you can't put names and faces to the victims, but what's to stop you from writing about them?

Start a News Letter and start handing them out door to door.

You're a truck driver. How many pamplets could you leave at each truckstop?

Instead of sitting here whinning to us, because I don't believe anyone here will disagree that abortion is murder, take your voice out to the people who need to hear it.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I find it simply amazing that a muderer gets murdered and we are all aghast, offended, and prepared to find fault with Gods Church through it all. :noidea:

We are more offended with the murder and what it portends about ourselves and the Faith that we have than we are at the daily murder of millions of innocent babies.

Simply amazing. :wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

I was reminded of these verses as I read this thread. Though Paul was talking here specifically of sexual immorality, I think these verses may also apply in the case of this murdered doctor's standing in his church.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (New International Version)

9I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people

Sometimes Jesus is simply alltogether unlovely, covered in blood, back torn off, and face beaten to a pulp, but that's the time to really embrace Him and not be shocked by the violence. ;)

He's so deliberate in grabbing our attention and so darned violent when He goes to War. :noidea: It's downright shocking

:wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I find it simply amazing that a muderer gets murdered and we are all aghast, offended, and prepared to find fault with Gods Church through it all. :noidea:

We are more offended with the murder and what it portends about ourselves and the Faith that we have than we are at the daily murder of millions of innocent babies.

The reason to be concerned about this murder is that our society as a whole has sanctioned the murder of the unborn. With Tiller gone, another abortionist will arise. If abortion were only a one-practitioner issue, this would be the end of it. But it's not, so the question is how this murder is going to play out. Until and unless we have transformational change in the society we will not have reformation of its laws, and that means the babies will continue to be murdered.

And that's why I don't believe that this act of vigilantism is not going to be effective. If anything, there is going to be a massive backlash against prolifers, Christians, and conservatives. And this will be used as propaganda against us in the schools. The politically correct element will become even stronger, and our freedom of speech and association will be further eroded.

There was a wonderful lady who came to my Church at the beginning of this month, we are having a month of awareness and prayer on the issue of life not surprisingly, and she spoke at length about this very issue, abortion.

She had some shocking things to say, and even some of what some might call offensive pictures, they weren't thrust out where eveyone could see them, but she had them. I struggled with the pictures, but then I remembered what some Soldiers who had liberated the Nazi death camps had to say, they were shocked by what they found and how cruel men could be to each other. Yet, they forced themselves to look and to take pictures so as to never forget the horrors and atrocity's they had come to uncover. They forced the people, German citizens, who lived in and around the camp and had some inkling of what was happening ie; the atrocious smells, the trains that came with passengers but never departed with passnegers, etc... They forced these people to line up and go through the camp to see what was going and how easy it was to just plain ignore the death for the sake of their comfort.

Then I went and looked at the picture that this wonderful woman had and I was shocked by the violence that I saw and how inhumane we can be to each other as men and I came to an awareness of even how I could live in relative saftey secure within the walls of my Faith, Yet, fail to see Jesus in the pictures and to be so offended with my silly notions that I refuse to be shocked by the reality of my own condition and the condition of my Nation with regards to my beautiful Savior.

Gut wrenching stuff, but even more so if I refuse to look full on into my own face and the face of the Savior savaged for the sake of the concentration camps and the wholesale butchering of innocent children. I'd rather be disgusted with myself and shocked into real Life and the value of what God is doing in uncovering our sins than to continue to struggle in a fantasy of Religion. I've lived there before and it ain't living. :noidea:

God forgive us all.

Peace,

Dave

Guest Butero

The reason to be concerned about this murder is that our society as a whole has sanctioned the murder of the unborn. With Tiller gone, another abortionist will arise. If abortion were only a one-practitioner issue, this would be the end of it. But it's not, so the question is how this murder is going to play out. Until and unless we have transformational change in the society we will not have reformation of its laws, and that means the babies will continue to be murdered.

And that's why I don't believe that this act of vigilantism is not going to be effective. If anything, there is going to be a massive backlash against prolifers, Christians, and conservatives. And this will be used as propaganda against us in the schools. The politically correct element will become even stronger, and our freedom of speech and association will be further eroded.

We have had high profile killings like this before, and the same things were said about them, but the story died down with no increase in abortions. One I remember in particular was the killing of an abortion clinic doctor in Florida. A protestor shot him dead one day at his clinic. He admitted to the killing, and insisted on defending himself. He said it was a justifiable homicide. He wound up getting the death penalty for his crime, but never expressed any remorse. There were fears of a backlash like I am hearing in this thread, and it never occured. There were fears on the side of the pro-abortion crowd he would become a martyr and there would be more shootings, and that didn't happen either.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I hope when this guy gets to Heaven that God judges him righteously and lets him know exactly why it was WRONG to kill another human being...

then I hope God turns him around to meet the people who's lives he saved.

Guest Butero
Imagine if we gave names and faces to the 1.5 to 2 million children killed each year, and publicized these stories the way we publicize the death of one of the men who killed them? Would we be outraged, or would we tend to shrug it off when we found out they were the vicims of legal murder through abortion? :noidea:

Then why don't you do that!!!!????

What's stopping you from doing something like that?

Granted, you can't put names and faces to the victims, but what's to stop you from writing about them?

Start a News Letter and start handing them out door to door.

You're a truck driver. How many pamplets could you leave at each truckstop?

Instead of sitting here whinning to us, because I don't believe anyone here will disagree that abortion is murder, take your voice out to the people who need to hear it.

That is not really a bad idea. I don't need a newsletter, because I don't have the names of the individual children killed, the mothers, or the doctors, but I could write up a type of memorial for the children being killed. I could make up an obitiuary for them, and hand it out. Sometimes good ideas come out of threads like this.

By the way, I am glad that most here are pro-life, but amazingly enough, there are some members at WB that support the legalized murder of unborn children. I haven't seen anyone post in defense of abortion in this thread, but there are people that frequent this message board, mostly liberal, and Obama supporters, that condone these attrocities.

I am adding this to my original post. Since abortion was made legal in 1973, there have been 49,551,703 babies killed. We are in a nation of around 300,000,000, so wroughly 1/6 of the population of this country has been destroyed by abortion over the past 36 years. Imagine if all of these children were given names and we publicized their deaths? :wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I just responded to the news article here on Worthy about it. As I said there, I don't agree with what happened to the man, but I certainly don't agree with how he was making a living. How he was a member of the church is beyond me, but apparently he was one and I think that's a shame. I am all for loving everyone and welcoming everyone into a church, but someone living in a horrible sin like that serving in the church just shows what kind of church it must be. Very sad, very scary. :noidea: