• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/08/1991

what's your favorite book of the bible? this may be discriminatory to other books, but which do you like most?

i'm not sure what my 'favorite' is just yet, but i enjoyed reading Leviticus recently because some section caught my eye.. it was about how and what to eat! i had no idea a set of 'dietary laws' was formed by God! but apparently there are permitted and forbidden foods.. i reccomend reading it, it's interesting.. like how we're not supposed to eat among those who 'chew the cud or those that have cloven hooves' and then it gives all kinds of examples of animals of those kind like camels, rabbits, etc. who could eat a camel, though?? it made me giggle, but made me think, what if some societies do this? they're sinning and they might not even realize it! just by eating food! weird thought for me. and then it says to eat fish but not those 'without scales or fins' - so like, eel and stuff. again, who would want to eat that?? heh..

then Leviticus basically writes out every law there is.. i suppose like commandments, but different? it goes on about rituals after childbirth (what the mother must do), what to do about bodily discharges (as gross as that sounds, still good to know what's right and wrong), laws restricting incest, laws restricting homosexuality, then sort of ends the 'law' section with a 'what will happen if you break the laws' sort of thing.

it was just interesting to read. well, at least the footnotes and notes from the editors made it interesting and easier to understand. if you ever need to brush up on what's right and wrong, turn to Leviticus! :24:

tell me what you think! just read over all of chapters 11-12, 15, and 18-20.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The first book I read was Proverbs, so in a way, it could be seen as a favorite. Saying that, it is hard to pick just one now.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

ooooooooooooh! I have many!

Let's see, today I'll pick Deuteronomy :24:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Would have to be between James and Job

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

There are so many books to choose from that I like but despite all this I would say Psalms is my favorite book because no matter what I'm going through in my life I can go to Psalms and recieve comfort, strength, encouragement as studying David life and seeing him in all his trouble he went through he turned to God and poured out his soul before God as David was a man after the heart of God and all in the book of Psalms it taught me how to pray to God pouring out to him my true feelings and not be afraid as God cares for us so much that he wants to hear his children feelings in a deep relationship with the him.

oc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I have many that are my favorite Ruth, Proverbs, Psalms, Corinthians-- Paul makes it clear anyone can be a christian.

desi

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

what's your favorite book of the bible? this may be discriminatory to other books, but which do you like most?

i'm not sure what my 'favorite' is just yet, but i enjoyed reading Leviticus recently because some section caught my eye.. it was about how and what to eat! i had no idea a set of 'dietary laws' was formed by God! but apparently there are permitted and forbidden foods.. i reccomend reading it, it's interesting.. like how we're not supposed to eat among those who 'chew the cud or those that have cloven hooves' and then it gives all kinds of examples of animals of those kind like camels, rabbits, etc. who could eat a camel, though?? it made me giggle, but made me think, what if some societies do this? they're sinning and they might not even realize it! just by eating food! weird thought for me. and then it says to eat fish but not those 'without scales or fins' - so like, eel and stuff. again, who would want to eat that?? heh..

then Leviticus basically writes out every law there is.. i suppose like commandments, but different? it goes on about rituals after childbirth (what the mother must do), what to do about bodily discharges (as gross as that sounds, still good to know what's right and wrong), laws restricting incest, laws restricting homosexuality, then sort of ends the 'law' section with a 'what will happen if you break the laws' sort of thing.

it was just interesting to read. well, at least the footnotes and notes from the editors made it interesting and easier to understand. if you ever need to brush up on what's right and wrong, turn to Leviticus! ;)

tell me what you think! just read over all of chapters 11-12, 15, and 18-20.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think my favorite book is Hosea. It shows Christ's love, faithfulness, and commitment to the Church.

I remember the first time I read Leviticus all the way through. I was kind of depressed when I was finished! I asked God what He wanted me to get out of Leviticus. He simply told me, " I want you to get that you need a Savior". Simple enough!

As far as the dietary restrictions in Leviticus, the principles themselves always have benefits for the physical body. However, we must remember that Jesus dealt with the law on the cross. That doesn't mean that we throw out the Law. It just means we live by the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus--not the Law of the flesh (which is the Law in Leviticus). Romans 8 is a great chapter on the subject. Actually the whole book of Romans is great on that subject. Jesus also said that it's not what goes in the mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth that defiles a man (Matthew 15:10-20)

Have a Great Day!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/21/1981

Genesis. It has everything. Go through Genesis and after each chapter find a attribute of God in it. I did this in a bible study a couple of years ago and it is something else. I've done this with other books and it is not the same.