IGNORED

Does anyone remember the 1979 Iranian Revolution?

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I believe the comparison is simply in the fact that people revolted.

But I was wondering if anyone recalled what had taken place with the 1979 revolution.

How violent was it? Stuff like that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

In some reports on the current situation in Iran, I've been hearing about the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

Does anyone here recall this?

I was too young to have appreciated what was going on at the time.

Yup. I was in the service at the time. Basically the Shah of Iran was overthrown by muslim clerics. This resulted in some of our people being taken hostage

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

By over throwing the Sha of Iran they ushered in a theocracy. I do remember specifically a news guy in CA warning all of us that that radical kind of thinking would eventually take over the world if we didn't do something about it then. Those rebelling in Iran at the time wanted the 'west' namely America out of their country and America helped to install the Sha all the hatred was lumped together. I think we need to be aware if Ahmadinejhad does win it just might weaken the mullahs giving the prez the power to overlord them and thats not a good thing either. All power in Ahmadinejhads hands will give him the ability to do as he wishes in all that he wishes including nuking Israel and US bases around the Middle East.

Yup. I was in the service at the time. Basically the Shah of Iran was overthrown by muslim clerics. This resulted in some of our people being taken hostage

OK, so the clerics were behind it.

Were the people involved like they are now?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I was almost there... almost - but by the Grace of God and my mother throwing a hizzy fit - remained in the US. It was total turmoil there and Khomeini had complete fanatical control over the whole country.... The students took the 66 people at the embassy - this is a pretty accurate account.... I have an Iranian friend I never saw again after this...

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/islamic..._revolution.php

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I was almost there... almost - but by the Grace of God and my mother throwing a hizzy fit - remained in the US. It was total turmoil there and Khomeini had complete fanatical control over the whole country.... The students took the 66 people at the embassy - this is a pretty accurate account.... I have an Iranian friend I never saw again after this...

:thumbsup: I assume your friend was in Iran when the revolution started??? That's bad; it seems they shoot people for dissenting views over there.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

high nebula

i also was young i was born in 67 and we came out to australia in 1971 but my parents and uncle would know of the iranian revolution

what i am seeing on tv and wil be looking at threw u tube and face book and twiter is what the goverment is not showing the world students and protesters have been sending pics of what has been happening i feel we wil see a revolution again what puzzles me how can he lie on tv and to his own people and say it was a fair election that election was dishonest one lady was holding a sign saying what about my vote

it looks like to me the people are wanting freedom and a new leader

but i notice obama is keeping silent trying to not bring down the tehranian goverment and its people

to catch up with what is going on go on line to twiter if you are with face book or y tube

7 people have been kiled and i feel we wil hear of more deaths

i know when we broke free it was a revolution my people stood up to the serbs and formed ther own state yugoslavia has a new name it is no longer caled yugoslavia so i know how the protestors are feeling if you hav not lived in countrys like mine or what my fiances people felt when the americans came and set the filapinos free you cant realy under stand whats stiring in the air and whats realy going on to why people do what they do

i am proud of what my people did

so this has me hooked and i am reading and watching we have an iranian comunity in canberra

and in melbourne iranians sung their national anthem holding signs supporting whats hapening at home

damo1

The serbs let you go you mean and did not go free by yourself.But you are not better off now than before.The reason being that you may have a flag and a new name or a new leader but you are still not free.

Yes the persians did change the shah of persia with khomeini hoping for the best.

These days we have economic dependency -most of people owe money - and that is a form of slavery.We only get free when we pay for things we have money for.More importantly when we believe in God and Jesus that is when we become really free.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

:thumbsup: I assume your friend was in Iran when the revolution started??? That's bad; it seems they shoot people for dissenting views over there.

We found out he died in prison there in 1982.

That is sad to hear, Believer. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

America supported the oppressive rule of the Shah of Iran with weapons and such. He plundered the country's wealth for his own family. It was a secular government, and the Shah exiled the religious leaders, the main one being the ayatollah Khomeini, who was in France. Anyway, the Shah got cancer and came to the US for treatment while the Shah's military forcefully attempted to put do the revolution of the people; many, many more than now. The ayatollah was allowed back into the country, the people overthrew the Shah and invaded our Embassy and took our people hostage. They were hostages for 444 days. Carter sent the military on a rescue mission which failed miserably in the desert of Iran. The hostages were released on the day that Ronald Reagan was sworn in as President.