• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

hi,

Problem 1: I feel I do not love God enough. When I like a book or a person I'm nuts about them. But I'm not excited or thankful about the Lord my savior. I look at it more as a duty. When I am at the beginning of a friendship, the whole world looks beautiful to me. But I do not get this happy feeling, this optimistic outlook when I am with God.

Problem 2: I start liking worldly stuff more. Suppose I get a compliment from a friend, I am so excited that I am happy all day. I don't of my problems. But when I am with God, I think of all my problems. Please advice. I am more excited about worldly things than about God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Give your life completly to him (no holds barred.) Then you'll get the real God who is exciting, rather then somebody elses version of him that you always have to sort through.

Guest HIS girl

'GerdaHannah'

I am more excited about worldly things than about God.

That will certainly kill a desire and love for the intimacy with the LORD.

I know it's hard when you are a young adult being pulled by the world - it has an enormous pull - but you know, the more you spend time (and just RELAX at His Feet) with the Lord, the more the desire and the pull of the world will ease off and you will be thirsting for precious moments together with Him.

Just make time - read the Word (even if it is only a few verses) and meditate on them, get comfortable - even if it means laying back on your bed, eyes closed or whatever - it doesn't have to be formal with a list of rules.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is an issue I am dealing with.

When I set aside time to pray, I'm wanting God to fix my problems, so I pour out my problems to Him, and that's all I "pray" about.

Is this what you find yourself doing?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I think we all have a hard time with this during our walk. We wonder why we are not happy anymore. We place too much emphasis on our feelings. If we stop and realize that no matter what we feel, Christ is there and will help us, then our trust is placed on our faith and not feelings.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

I think we are all guilty of this one way or the other, at least I am. I know that I don

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Praying!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

When I set aside time to pray, I'm wanting God to fix my problems, so I pour out my problems to Him, and that's all I "pray" about.

Exactly Nebula :-(

Guest HIS girl

Gerda - there is immense Spiritual power in praising the Lord - this is for the good times AND the bad. (Spiritual power as in : release, growth, healing - realising He is in control and all our needs will be met - nothing is overlooked or forgotten)

I used to do the same thing once - all I seemed to pray about was my problems -(or what I thought were problems) - but now, first and foremost I praise Him, and THANK Him for what I have and going through..and this includes the littlest of things that someone else would view as minor or trivial, but to the Lord He knows how I feel and what it means to me and for me to go through.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Exactly Nebula :-(

When we start liking worldly stuff more...and so on it is because we are neglecting our alter. However you choose to do it, make a special time each day to be with the Lord. Whether it is driving in your car or sitting at your desk with a Bible or praying and worshipping while you do the dishes, spend time alone with the Lord. The more you practice spending time with Him daily, the more you will have that desire to talk about the one you love most. You will also begin to pray without ceasing because not matter what comes your way, your thoughts will be directed toward Him. Sometimes I pray more than others. I may start out to pray for half an hour but the Holy Spirit will impress upon me to keep praying until He releases me. That is the best prayer time because when I come out of my prayer closet every heavy burden is gone off my shoulders.

Like Nebula, we all have times like that. I have found myself on occassion praying half hartedly because my mind would go back to something else...for example, got company coming and need to clean the house til it sparkles...and sometimes I have prayed but it wasn't as dinamic a prayer time as last time but still, the Lord heard.

:thumbsup: One way I have learned to keep from pouring out my needs to Him all the time and not spending quality time with Him is to enter into a time of worship before I pray. Sometimes I put on praise music, something directed at Him and how worthy He is, and just raise my hands and worship Him, love Him until I can feel His presence and my focus is now centered on Him. Even typing this right now my thoughts are turned to His goodness and I have to stop here and there and raise my hands. I get all misty eyed when I think about wonderful He is.

Sometimes I have to really press in hard. Our advisary will try to keep us from praying. Try to keep us focused on other things, and so will our flesh, but we have to press in with a determination to seek the face of the Lord.

Sometimes I have to examine my heart before I can go into His presence, asking Him to forgive me and cleanse me from sin.

Then I can interceed for others.

One thing He has taught me these past few years is that if I am troubled by anything, or struggling with myself, I can go right to Him and He is there to speak to my heart and lift me out or up, whatever the case may be. He is my hiding place and I can go to Him with whatever is on my heart. Many times He will show me a scripture and speak to me when I am praying. Often times I pray as I am reading my Bible. Sometimes I even read it out loud because the enemy has to run right then if he is trying to distract me by bringing up things from the past or perhaps trying to throw a doubting spirits arrow at me or whatever.

I hope I have been of some help to you.

This journey is a life long journey, so just keep on keeping on and the Lord will lead you in the right direction.