• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

what in the world are the locusts in the book of revelation?

look at this scripture: Judges 7 (New American Standard Bible)

Judges 6:5

For they would come up with their livestock and their tents, they would come in like locusts for number . . .

and Judges 7:12

Now the Midianites and the Amalekites and all the sons of the east were lying in the valley as numerous as locusts . . .

I should add this one also: Proverbs 30:27

The locusts have no king,Yet all of them go out in ranks;

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

For they would come up with their livestock and their tents, they would come in like locusts for number . . .

Now the Midianites and the Amalekites and all the sons of the east were lying in the valley as numerous as locusts . . .

I can tell you that they have nothing to do with the scripture you gave. The locusts that you mention are the number of the people, so many that they are like a swarm of locusts.

The book of Revelation is giving a description that I can not totally understand. Some have said that they represent some sort of aircraft of today using some sort of new technology. Others say they will be real insects. I have no idea what the truth really is here.

Revelation 9:1-12 (New King James Version)

Fifth Trumpet: The Locusts from the Bottomless Pit

Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them.

The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. They had hair like women

Guest shiloh357
Some have said that they represent some sort of aircraft of today using some sort of new technology.

That is what I personally lean towards, but there is no way to be dogmatic about it. It is my conviction that John saw modern warfare, but did not have an adequate frame of reference and described the best he could to the people of that time period what he was seeing.

We will know for sure when it happens, though.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I can tell you that they have nothing to do with the scripture you gave. The locusts that you mention are the number of the people, so many that they are like a swarm of locusts.

The book of Revelation is giving a description that I can not totally understand. Some have said that they represent some sort of aircraft of today using some sort of new technology. Others say they will be real insects. I have no idea what the truth really is here.

Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them.

The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. They had hair like women

Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

quote name='Fraught' date='Jul 25 2009,

Hey Fraught,

I have done a thread that covers the locusts a while back. I think it would be a good read for you and you'll find it very informative.

If interested the thread is on page # 21 and the title is "Woe Unto You," that desire the day of the Lord

may God bless your study

oc

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I have an odd look on prophecy.

My personal belief is that

1) God is Eternal

2) Therefore His Word is Eternal

3) Therefore prophecy can follow suit and have more than one fulfillment

4) I usually look for both a physical fulfillment AND a spiritual fulfillment, i look for historical fulfillments AND the building of possible future fulfillments.

5) I believe nearly ALL prophecy has its greatest fulfillment culminating togetheer at or very near the end of this age

That being said i believe as Lord V there have been past fulfillments of this passage concerning the locusts from the pit, but i also believe this has 2 fulfillments coming

1) as Shiloh stated, this is likely some sort of warfare that maybe would seem strange for us to see even today, with tactical portable nukes, biological outfits and maybe combined with armor, possibly technology thats been under wraps for decades that would just warp our mind even...

2) i believe also it is a releasing of demons literally from the pit...

Jude 1:6

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

They certainly have a king over them whos name is destruction

These demons will be released, Jesus will face ALL His enemies at once and put them down at once.

Also the timing is interesting to me... theres still more trumps to sound, more vials to pour out, so theres time for them to wreak their destruction. Rev 16 also tells us of 3 unclean spirits deceiving the naitons of the world into armageddon... it could very well be these released demons wreak havic and drive people toward their desired agenda of destruction... its going to be a terrible terrible day of the Lord

• 4 weeks later...