• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

Hi everyone, I work at mental health facility and there are a lot of people -including kids- admitted for psychosis. The voices they hear tell them to kill themselves and others. They are giving anti-psychotic medication and discharged after they no longer hear voices.

Does anybody have any information on psychosis? I'm simply ignorant regardings this illness. Is it a demonic presence or can a person really get ill like this? :emot-fail:

Thank you in advance, guys!

Chiquita

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi everyone, I work at mental health facility and there are a lot of people -including kids- admitted for psychosis. The voices they hear tell them to kill themselves and others. . . . . Is it a demonic presence or can a person really get ill like this?

If it walks like a duck. . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I think it's demonic but you'd be called and intollerant, ignoramus if you suggested such a thing... and then you'd be fired. Be careful.

I think it's demonic but you'd be called and intollerant, ignoramus if you suggested such a thing... and then you'd be fired. Be careful.

LOL! I know!!!! But I do pray silence for them. I wish I could lay my hands on them but then I'd REALLY be fired!!!!

• Loved it! 1

Hi everyone, I work at mental health facility and there are a lot of people -including kids- admitted for psychosis. The voices they hear tell them to kill themselves and others. . . . . Is it a demonic presence or can a person really get ill like this?

If it walks like a duck. . . .

:noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

As someone who had dealt with this in a couple of different situations (due to being bi polar) it can be either way. For some it is truly mental. If it isn't an actual mental thing the meds will not work (I am sure you have met those people). In few cases can meds actually stop something that is demonic from getting to a person. They would have to medicate them to the point of practically being a zombie.

• Thumbs Up 1

As someone who had dealt with this in a couple of different situations (due to being bi polar) it can be either way. For some it is truly mental. If it isn't an actual mental thing the meds will not work (I am sure you have met those people). In few cases can meds actually stop something that is demonic from getting to a person. They would have to medicate them to the point of practically being a zombie.

WOW! We have also recently have seen a dramatic increase in patients diagnosed and admitted with psychoses lately. I thought this might be interesting to share. Any thoughts on this from anyone?

WOW! We have also recently have seen a dramatic increase in patients diagnosed and admitted with psychoses lately. I thought this might be interesting to share. Any thoughts on this from anyone?

i just recently learned that one third of schizophrenics do not respond to medication. hmm.

i do not agree that meds will not work on someone whose problem is demonic. the demons can come and go at will. why would they not leave--or let up--for a period if it means that the person will not get to the root of the problem, which is demonic? satan is a liar and a deceiver. he will do whatever it takes to torment God's "very good" creation. there are no strings, such as medication, that can control him.

I am almost certain that "tourettes syndrome" is most definitely demonic. Has anybody seen people with this so called syndrome? How can people actually think that's a syndrome? It's so obvious from the behavior that it is demonic! It makes me wonder, are all mental illnesses demonic? I mean, even a patient that is suffering from depression can be labeled as being tortured by an unclean spirit. I don't know about any of you, but I have seen a possessed person who was being extremely tortured by a demon and she was behaving like some of these patients, or should I say, they behave as she did.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I would recommend you study Nouthetic Counseling, which is Bible-based. I am finishing up a ten-week (not adequate at all in my idea) class on Biblical Counseling, and that is what we studied.

The world has become Humanized in the name of a demon I like to call "being politically correct". (Humanism is actually the religion of atheists, whether they know it or not) Since a Humanized world will not admit that God exists, it will not label anything as sin or demonic activity, either, partially because it doesn't want to be so mean as to openly label anyone with anything so "mean". Instead, sin is called sickness and demonic activity a disorder or psychoses. This allows for the problem to continue, hoping that human will or discovery will triumoh over darkness without God.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in organic causes, too. Without the Kingdom of God's perfection on Earth, children are born with defects, brains degenerate, etc. I personally think that doctors and modern medicine are a thing of God, whether they realize it or not, but we rely so much on these things, instead of God, we over prescribe the wrong things in the wrong situations, leaving many people helpless. We try to medicate sin and rehabilitate demons inappropriately, and we see the results of it, don't we?

Once again, it is called Nouthetic Counseling. The author of our text books was Jay E. Adams. I believe he has 8 books out books out, two of which we used: "Competent to Counsel" and "The Christian Counselor's Manual"

I would recommend you study Nouthetic Counseling, which is Bible-based. I am finishing up a ten-week (not adequate at all in my idea) class on Biblical Counseling, and that is what we studied.

The world has become Humanized in the name of a demon I like to call "being politically correct". (Humanism is actually the religion of atheists, whether they know it or not) Since a Humanized world will not admit that God exists, it will not label anything as sin or demonic activity, either, partially because it doesn't want to be so mean as to openly label anyone with anything so "mean". Instead, sin is called sickness and demonic activity a disorder or psychoses. This allows for the problem to continue, hoping that human will or discovery will triumoh over darkness without God.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in organic causes, too. Without the Kingdom of God's perfection on Earth, children are born with defects, brains degenerate, etc. I personally think that doctors and modern medicine are a thing of God, whether they realize it or not, but we rely so much on these things, instead of God, we over prescribe the wrong things in the wrong situations, leaving many people helpless. We try to medicate sin and rehabilitate demons inappropriately, and we see the results of it, don't we?

Once again, it is called Nouthetic Counseling. The author of our text books was Jay E. Adams. I believe he has 8 books out books out, two of which we used: "Competent to Counsel" and "The Christian Counselor's Manual"

WOW!!! Thank you so much! I will research it and get studying.