• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Can I add a thread for you?

Can I also suggest that you pray using scripture? You need to use all the weapons available. :blink:

Sure you can start a thread. I'd like that. :P

How do you pray using scripture?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

DBT Therapy is based on Buddist teachings and meditation practices...so be careful with that. Its still better than drugs...I think.

Any sources on this information? I have not noticed anything in the book relating to buddism or any other distorted religion.

I only mention it as a source of info for you, so that you will use caution. This type of therapy, in my opinion, is vastly superior to any type of drug therapy...and it has been successful.

The originator of DBT, Marsha Linehan, combined Cognitive Behavior Therapy with Buddhist teachings and meditation practices.

Mindfulness skills are central to DBT; they are so important that they are referred to as "core" skills

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Days Won:  5

We know Jesus cast out a spirit causing one to be deaf and dumb, what prevents a demon with legal access to an individual from also preventing proper brain chemistry?

I've wondered a lot about the brain chemistry and wondered whether or not demons essentially affect this through our thoughts. I have little doubt that a person with depression is dwelling on depressing thoughts ("woe is me, life sucks, I can't do anything right, nobody likes me" etc). But if a person with depression made a serious commitment to try to continually dwell on good and positive thoughts ("God loves me, I can do all things through Christ, God has a plan for me, What a beautiful day, Aren't those flowers gorgeous"etc) would they continue to be depressed? And would their brain chemistry then change? I know of no actual studies like this but I do know the Bible tells us to pay attention to our thoughts, and to concentrate on the good, and to be in a constant state of thanksgiving - in our minds.

:thumbsup:

The key is "a demon with legal access . . ." That means something, somewhere, somehow gave the spirit legal right at some point to possess the person. That doesn't mean such condition still exists, but until addressed with the authority of God in the name of Jesus who died for the redemption, and hence reclamation of what is His the spirit stays unchallenged.

Remember, there are some as Jesus said who will refuse to leave and cannot be driven out but through prayer and fasting.

I have never heard of one delivering themselves from demonic possession . . . oppression yes, possession no.

Nonetheless, I would recommend such a troubled one to seek the prayers and fasting of others and to personally maintain a continual verbal submission of themselves unto God, resisting the adversary continually with confessions and songs of Jesus

I only mention it as a source of info for you, so that you will use caution. This type of therapy, in my opinion, is vastly superior to any type of drug therapy...and it has been successful.

The originator of DBT, Marsha Linehan, combined Cognitive Behavior Therapy with Buddhist teachings and meditation practices.

Mindfulness skills are central to DBT; they are so important that they are referred to as "core" skills

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

How do you pray using scripture?

Use promises from scripture when praying. Example: Lord you have said that you have" come to give us life more abundantly" and I ask for more abundant life. Or "Lord you said you have come to set the captives free" and I ask for your freedom. Just try to get yourself familiar with God's promises for hope and peace. I have heard that prayer is more powerful when you repeat scripture. Also, I've heard of people praying scripture, meaning, they find a helpful verse and then repeat the scripture out loud as a prayer. And when bad thoughts creep in, combat it with actual scripture verses, like "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Or, James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Scriptures on peace for you. http://www.heavensinspirations.com/word-peace.html

Scriptures on hope. http://www.heavensinspirations.com/word-hope.html

If this is a spiritual issue you need to fight it spiritually, with all of the weapons God has given us to do so. I suggest you write these verses out and keep them handy and repeat them often. Also surround yourself with worship music - the devil hates that. Do you have some good worship cds?

I would get a Christian therapist. We can pray God directs you to the right permission. Can I add this to that thread? I hesistate to ask for this until you let me know it's okay.

Reading the poster's name 'Rest Is a Weapon" reminds me that rest, is indeed a weapon. I know I am much more susceptible when I am not well rested. How is your sleep?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292

Interesting. I never heard that before. There is no mention of any religion in the CBT and DBT groups I've done.

No...they don't market it as a religious therapy. But there really is a lot of eastern philosophy and humanism in the therapy itself. Many of the concepts from DBT are derived from buddhist teachings.

If you're really curious you can read about that here...

No...they don't market it as a religious therapy

The devil is very subtle.

The devil is very subtle.

I don't feel like it's the devil's therapy because I'm using the "mindfulness/mediation" in a Christian manner. For instance, they want you to be mindful of the things arounds you (a tree, a dog, a cloud). I try to be mindful of Christ's presence and also the beauty in His world. I consider prayer my form of meditation. I think as long as you use the therapy and incorporate your faith therein, it will work.