WolfBitn

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Ive read many extrabiblical texts. For the most part, I see error in them. Interesting reading perhaps, but I do not base opinions about the Lord on them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Ive read many extrabiblical texts. For the most part, I see error in them. Interesting reading perhaps, but I do not base opinions about the Lord on them.

What would you find heretical about Jasher or Enoch? Does it make a differance in your outlook knowing that the bible itself recommends them and that therefore the implication is that they are factual true and dependable records to have this sort of recommendation?

What would you find heretical about Jasher or Enoch? Does it make a differance in your outlook knowing that the bible itself recommends them and that therefore the implication is that they are factual true and dependable records to have this sort of recommendation?

Which of the 3 books of Jasher do you accept as valid? The validity of the book of Jasher is primarily due to the false mormon prophet, Joseph Smith. Even among the Hebrews, it was not considered sacred text. So why should we take it as sacred text?

The book of Enoch. I have serious qualms about its validity based on this:

Chapter 40:(part of verse 9) This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.

Which of the 3 books of Jasher do you accept as valid? The validity of the book of Jasher is primarily due to the false mormon prophet, Joseph Smith. Even among the Hebrews, it was not considered sacred text. So why should we take it as sacred text?

Would you call the song of Solomon a sacred text or poetry? Also no, Joseph Smith plays no role in MY view of Jasher... my view of Jasheer is that if the bible refers me to it, then it must have some validity

The book of Enoch. I have serious qualms about its validity based on this:

Chapter 40:(part of verse 9) This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.

Enoch 69:8 ...And the fourth was named Penemue: he taught the

9 children of men the bitter and the sweet, and he taught them all the secrets of their wisdom. And he instructed mankind in writing with ink and paper, and thereby many sinned from eternity to

10 eternity and until this day. For men were not created for such a purpose, to give confirmation

11 to their good faith with pen and ink. For men were created exactly like the angels, to the intent that they should continue pure and righteous, and death, which destroys everything, could not have taken hold of them, but through this their knowledge they are perishing, and through this power

12 it is consuming me.

A demon caused mans sin through knowledge and writing. It was not the sin of disobedience in mans own nature. That contradicts scripture (Genesis 3) Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

And genesis said we sold out for the tree of knowledge... so whats the descrepancy?

A demon is not the tree of knowledge. The fruit is not pen and ink. A huge difference.

I think youre missing my point... This is dealing with mankind AFTER the fall and the world was rather populated... this isnt saying its the first time that man sinned, it says he led MAny INTO SIN using knowledge and writing... whats wrong with that, it happens every day now

My point in the prior post was that we sold out for knowledge the first time, why do you think we would quit using it or quit sinning in it? Makes perfect sence to me that our knowledge today leads many into sin

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

Good to have wise godly men around here. :)

Good to have wise godly men around here. :)

Well pokemaughan its my pleasure to know you... i'll try to live up to that excellent compliment, but if i can even come close, its by Gods graces alone my friend

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I have an agenda as well.

Similar to Wolf, but i will concise it to a few sentences.

I am an intelligent person, most people tell me, I am one of the smartest they have met. I wear that proudly. That being said, I work from that angle. I work from the intelligence point. I do not suffer stupidity from anyone, I respond in a intelligent manner and I expect the same in return. I do not tolerate close mindedness, especially within the Church. It is sad when I run into Christians, who I believe, should be the most educated of people and I find them to be the most ignorant of people.

Christ said, we will be people who will rule the world and judge the angels, how can you rule and judge, when you are ignorant. My views on things are to challenge the way one thinks, the way one views the world and God.

God is not a small box with winding lever on it. I do not suffer those who treat God in such a manner, while they themselves display their ignorance all over the place, while taking the name of Christ. That is nothing but dishonor.

Love God with your whole being, or get out of the way and live in your ignorance.

Grace to you,

1Co

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The best agenda I've ever seen:

To know Christ and to make Him known!

2 I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; 3 and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name's sake and have not become weary. 4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. (Rev. 2)

Gal. 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.