• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone... :)

For several reasons i felt it was important to address this entire board. I have met very many good people here, but i seem to have worried a few of you in quesitons ive raised or statements ive made. I dont mean to worry you, though i DO mean to provoke thought, and to have the effect of sending as many people into their bible and on their knees as is humanly possible.

Let me rest your fears

1) I believe that God is a trinity of individuals yet only one God

2) I believe Jesus is fully man

3) I believe Jesus is fully God

4) I believe Jesus is my personal sacrifice for sin

5) I believe Jesus is EVERYONE'S sacrifice for sin

6) I believe Jesus is the ONLY sacrifice for sin and without Him there is no savlation

7) I believe we are morally corrupt as human beings, all have sinned, all deserve Hell

8) I believe Jesus is returning to take this world back

9) I believe we go through the tribulation, and we will only be raptured out at the end, "at His coming"

10) I believe He will rule this world 1000 years

11) I believe in 2 judgements, one at the end of this age when believers are rewarded, one at the end when all who werent judged in the first judgement are judged

12) I believe the spiritually dead are cast into the lake of fire where satan and the beast are also cast

Let me state upfront too, that like EVERYONE here i DO have an agenda

My agenda is to show atheists and agnostice we have good reason for believing, and Christian doesnt=stupidity. I'm here to give them something to consider from our side of the camp so they dont have to just believe what their own camp tells them about us

My agenda too is to fellowship and study and rejoice with brothers and sisters in Christ.

My agenda is to look ever deeper into the word myself, and to provoke thought, causing my brothers and sisters to do the same with me

My agenda is to share the love of Christ, and to be thankful for being loved BY Christ

I am 51 years old. Ive lived such a long varied and exciting life in a short 51 years. Ive been blessed to see so much. The Lord is my joy, His word is my joy.. not only MUST i be about His business as we all should be, i sincerely desire it and have a great zeal for it

If i effect the athesit to cause them to rethink, and if i can effect my brothers and sisters to inspire and provioke prayer and study and searcning, i consider myself only doing what i was intended to do... nothing more, i remain an unprofitable service not even able to work out my keep

These are the things i pray youll judge me by

God bless you all

Eric

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Hi everyone... :emot-questioned:

For several reasons i felt it was important to address this entire board. I have met very many good people here, but i seem to have worried a few of you in quesitons ive raised or statements ive made. I dont mean to worry you, though i DO mean to provoke thought, and to have the effect of sending as many people into their bible and on their knees as is humanly possible.

Let me rest your fears

6) I believe Jesus is the ONLY sacrifice for sin and without Him there is no savlation

7) I believe we are morally corrupt as human beings, all have sinned, all deserve Hell

9) I believe we go through the tribulation, and we will only be raptured out at the end, "at His coming"

11) I believe in 2 judgements, one at the end of this age when believers are rewarded, one at the end when all who werent judged in the first judgement are judged

12) I believe the spiritually dead are cast into the lake of fire where satan and the beast are also cast

My agenda is to show atheists and agnostice we have good reason for believing, and Christian doesnt=stupidity. I'm here to give them something to consider from our side of the camp so they dont have to just believe what their own camp tells them about us

My agenda too is to fellowship and study and rejoice with brothers and sisters in Christ.

My agenda is to look ever deeper into the word myself, and to provoke thought, causing my brothers and sisters to do the same with me

My agenda is to share the love of Christ, and to be thankful for being loved BY Christ

I am 51 years old. Ive lived such a long varied and exciting life in a short 51 years. Ive been blessed to see so much. The Lord is my joy, His word is my joy.. not only MUST i be about His business as we all should be, i sincerely desire it and have a great zeal for it

If i effect the athesit to cause them to rethink, and if i can effect my brothers and sisters to inspire and provioke prayer and study and searcning, i consider myself only doing what i was intended to do... nothing more, i remain an unprofitable service not even able to work out my keep

God bless you all

Eric

God bless you too :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

:)

:)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/12/1966

Hi everyone... :laugh:

Let me rest your fears

God bless you all

Eric

I havn't figured my agenda yet.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I wouldn't worry too much about whether my beliefs are considered heretical. Many in Jesus' day considered His beliefs heretical too. We should probably worry most about holding beliefs with the highest possible amount of truth to them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Do you consider the 66 books of the bible the divine Word of God? Complete and whole, without error or omission?

Nice statement of faith :) .

Do you consider the 66 books of the bible the divine Word of God? Complete and whole, without error or omission?

Nice statement of faith :emot-hug: .

I consider all 66 books of the KJV without error or ommission... definiately

i dont find the same true of other translations because the newer translations are based ont he alexandrian manuscripts and they themselves are very suspect for many reasons. They trunkate sentences and entire books are left out, they repeat sentences and soemtimes only begin to repeat. They had been recopied on the same paper at least once and have gone through between 800 to 1200 hundred years of revision by 4 major scripbes and 6 lesser ones. One scribe even remarking in the very text itself that previous scribes had actually changed the text. I have a thread on this thought oo if youre interested, the superiority of the KJV in the dictrinal discussion area

I also leave room for the possibility that Enoch and Jasher could also be a part of the canon, because they are referanced to in scripture itself as a reliable source of information and truth. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I also leave room for the possibility that Enoch and Jasher could also be a part of the canon, because they are referanced to in scripture itself as a reliable source of information and truth. :)

How do we know those books that we have today are the ones mentioned in scripture? How do you know that even tho they are mentioned in scripture they are the word of God?

How do we know those books that we have today are the ones mentioned in scripture? How do you know that even tho they are mentioned in scripture they are the word of God?

i didnt say i knew anything lol ...i said i leave room for the possibility... do you? :emot-hug: