• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

I guess this weather pattern started in Sept. 2008 when the remnant of hurricane Ike hit the city. Most all of Jefferson county was without power for at least aweek, some parts of the county a lot longer.

And then we had Jan. 2009 when the worst ice and snow stom hit the city. What made matters worst was that all of the damage from the wind storm of 2008 had not been cleaned up. And it's still not cleaned up.

Then we had July 2009. For the first time since 1871 we did not hit 90 the whole month. We had 29 days of cloudy or partly cloudy days. We also had over 6" of rain for the month. Another record.

And then Tue. Aug. 4, 2009 another record. Up to 7.50 inches of rain in one hour. This is the most rain in this time period since 1879.

The wind storm and the ice storm was bad but they cannot compare to "The Flood Of 2009" as it's now called.

On the U of L campus over 20 buildings were flooded. 30 horses had to be rescued at Churchhill Downs.One race track was washed away, the Kentucky Derby Museum was destroyed. the damaged to the museum alone is in the millions.

The Louisville animal shehter was hit hard. One dog and 12 cats and kittens were lost.

One of our major trama centers was shut down and over 200 patients had to be moved to other hospitals.

Millons of dollars of damaged was done at the main branch of the library when the basement flooded.

City officials cannot estimate the damaged to homes in the west end of Louisville.

The one bright spot is that no one was killed or injured. We can thank God for this.

Is this this just a strange weather pattern or is God telling us something?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/07/1981

Wow, that's awful!! We had tornados come through our state last night (Arkansas)... I thought it is pretty strange to have tornados this far south in AUGUST :thumbsup:

I'm from Minnesota and it was so cold last week, I had to turn the heat on........I've never had to do that in July....ever.

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I'm in Ohio and went through the winds of Ike, and the ice storm and resulting power outage right along with you. I had been following the rainfall on the news. That was horrible. We haven't had a 90 degree day here since May, and are expecting our first on Sunday. The weather has been quite strange.

• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

To view photos and read related stories log on to:

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/stories/w...d.a9b28f75.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

May the Lord help all there.

Blessings,

elkie

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I guess this weather pattern started in Sept. 2008 when the remnant of hurricane Ike hit the city. Most all of Jefferson county was without power for at least aweek, some parts of the county a lot longer.

And then we had Jan. 2009 when the worst ice and snow stom hit the city. What made matters worst was that all of the damage from the wind storm of 2008 had not been cleaned up. And it's still not cleaned up.

Then we had July 2009. For the first time since 1871 we did not hit 90 the whole month. We had 29 days of cloudy or partly cloudy days. We also had over 6" of rain for the month. Another record.

And then Tue. Aug. 4, 2009 another record. Up to 7.50 inches of rain in one hour. This is the most rain in this time period since 1879.

The wind storm and the ice storm was bad but they cannot compare to "The Flood Of 2009" as it's now called.

On the U of L campus over 20 buildings were flooded. 30 horses had to be rescued at Churchhill Downs.One race track was washed away, the Kentucky Derby Museum was destroyed. the damaged to the museum alone is in the millions.

The Louisville animal shehter was hit hard. One dog and 12 cats and kittens were lost.

One of our major trama centers was shut down and over 200 patients had to be moved to other hospitals.

Millons of dollars of damaged was done at the main branch of the library when the basement flooded.

City officials cannot estimate the damaged to homes in the west end of Louisville.

The one bright spot is that no one was killed or injured. We can thank God for this.

Is this this just a strange weather pattern or is God telling us something?

Sorry to hear that. I pray that Louisville be granted the same protection that we have in Dallas. There must be millions praying to protect our city, because God always protects us from weather like what you described. I pray that He extend you guys the same protection.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

When I was in first or second grade I had to do a project on weather and luckily I had an uncle who was a science teacher who was most helpful but the thing he told me and has stuck with me all these years is that weather is a cycle, the whole earth is a cycle. My uncle told me that just about every 10 years or so the weather patterns start to change, the change may take sometime to see the effect of but still it changes. Here in Las Vegas we have the monsoon season usually starts in July and runs just over a month or so, this year it started very early and we have had more humidity than my mother in AL. Yet June was a very mild month here but thats been the pattern for the last few years now. The thing that has struck me the last two years are the cloud formations, they have been very different. And then I have seen the supposedly new clouds that have formed in various parts of the world, I have even seen the caption about them asking is this how the clouds will look when Yeshua comes again.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

mizzdy - how are the cloud formations different? In what way?