IGNORED

What is the Mark of the Beast?

Guest man

I would like to continue this discussion.

I didn't get a chance to reply to this and I would like too.

As I said, I'm willing to look at other interpretations. If you have one, I would like the hear it.

How about it just being literal?

How long do you think it would take to physically mark every person who worships the beast?

Revelation 13

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

Notice the Word says "all", not just some, but "all". That's a lot of people. The world population right now stands at 6,776,331,434. That's well over 6 billion. Even if you cut that number in half, that's still a lot of people. And those numbers are todays population. What will those numbers be next year, five years, or ten years from now?

That's only one item to be considered when we look at what the mark of the beast will be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of what I'm saying is etched in stone. I'm just putting it out there for consideration.

As I stated, if there are other interpretations, I would like to hear them. If you believe it to be taken as literal, let's discuss the possibilities of how that can be accomplished.

Instead of arguing about who's right and who's wrong, let's discuss it and see where it takes us.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I've read through revelation a couple of times, and admittedly, it is difficult to tell which lines are to be taken literally and which symbolically. It was written based on a dream after all.

Here's my guess about the 'mark of the Beast'. I don't think that it is a physical mark...right hand and/or forehead might have symbolic meanings in other scriptures I'm unfamiliar with. If we are to take Revelation as literal as possible, I think the mark might refer to international banking--meaning that countries and corporations that find favor with the international elite (like the world Bank, or the Federal Reserve) will have access to currency. Those who are out of favor will be cut off and be unable to buy, sell, or trade outside the black market.

As I said, I'm willing to look at other interpretations. If you have one, I would like the hear it.

How long do you think it would take to physically mark every person who worships the beast?

Revelation 13

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

Notice the Word says "all", not just some, but "all". That's a lot of people. The world population right now stands at 6,776,331,434. That's well over 6 billion. Even if you cut that number in half, that's still a lot of people. And those numbers are todays population. What will those numbers be next year, five years, or ten years from now?

That's only one item to be considered when we look at what the mark of the beast will be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of what I'm saying is etched in stone. I'm just putting it out there for consideration.

As I stated, if there are other interpretations, I would like to hear them. If you believe it to be taken as literal, let's discuss the possibilities of how that can be accomplished.

Instead of arguing about who's right and who's wrong, let's discuss it and see where it takes us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I've read through revelation a couple of times, and admittedly, it is difficult to tell which lines are to be taken literally and which symbolically. It was written based on a dream after all.

No, it was not a dream. John tells us that "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day". Begin in the spirit is not dreaming.

Here's my guess about the 'mark of the Beast'. I don't think that it is a physical mark...right hand and/or forehead might have symbolic meanings in other scriptures I'm unfamiliar with.

I don't believe it's a physical mark either.

I think the mark on the head and hand have to do with thinking a certain way and doing certain things. With the mind we believe certain things, and with the hands we do works.

If we are to take Revelation as literal as possible, I think the mark might refer to international banking--meaning that countries and corporations that find favor with the international elite (like the world Bank, or the Federal Reserve) will have access to currency. Those who are out of favor will be cut off and be unable to buy, sell, or trade outside the black market.

That's one possibility.

But wouldn't the beast just move in and take them over? What would stop him from doing that?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Revelation 13 is not one that can be taken literal, in a way. In other words, there is be no beast rising our of the sea or the earth. It could also meant the same for the mark, but I do believe that we have the technology to implant a chip (another interpretation) very fast and easily. Let's look at what scripture says.

15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,

17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

Now, you mentioned that they will be able to tell them apart, but how they dress and act. Well, that would mean that they all would have to dress and act alike. This is even harder to accept. Not everyone will dress and act the same, unless we are all under a certain law that requires this. By the time such a law is developed and enforced, all the people in the world who chooses to do so could of been implanted with a chip, less expensive and easier to enforce.

As we see it unfold in front of our eyes, the world is turning to a one money system, and a one world government. What better way to keep track of peoples health record, financial record, legal record, person location and so on if not by chip? It would also be harder to forge this information like they do today. An update could be done automatically upon scanning. Technology is far more advanced then we give it credit to be.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

About as long as it would take for everyone to activate their new Government Health Care account . . .

Now, you mentioned that they will be able to tell them apart, but how they dress and act. Well, that would mean that they all would have to dress and act alike. This is even harder to accept. Not everyone will dress and act the same, unless we are all under a certain law that requires this. By the time such a law is developed and enforced, all the people in the world who chooses to do so could of been implanted with a chip, less expensive and easier to enforce.

As we see it unfold in front of our eyes, the world is turning to a one money system, and a one world government. What better way to keep track of peoples health record, financial record, legal record, person location and so on if not by chip? It would also be harder to forge this information like they do today. An update could be done automatically upon scanning. Technology is far more advanced then we give it credit to be.

This is actually what I said.....read it carefully.

You ask how anyone will know the difference from one another? The answer can be found by looking at the Middle East. Everyone over there looks and dresses the same, but the Taliban and the muslim extremists know who they can and cannot trust. They know who belongs to them.

About as long as it would take for everyone to activate their new Government Health Care account . . .

But not everyone will activate that account.

What about the people who live in the far reaches of the world? Who's gonna go hunt them down and how long do you think that would take?

Revelation 13

Does scripture say the "mark" is necessarily the same for all people. ie.. could the mark be physical( card ,account,tattoo) for a non christian,and maybe not physical (thought , action,secret handshake lol) for a christian?

For the true believers there will be no mark, only death for those who are caught.

The mark will have to be something the beast will recognize. I believe an individuals allegience to the beast will be very recognizable.

A physical mark can be hidden.........a spiritual mark cannot.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

But not everyone will activate that account.

What about the people who live in the far reaches of the world? Who's gonna go hunt them down and how long do you think that would take?

Just because there is an established strategy to mark everyone does not mean everyone will be marked . . . or that the plan will fully be realized.

Plus . . . I do am not persuaded it will go beyond the borders of the country that attempts to bring it to fruition.