~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I have been listening to a lot of Christian music lately and my husband teases me about it. He doesn't want to listen when I talk about God. The big problem right now is that I need God more than ever in my life right now.

I also worry about his beliefs. He claims to be Christian but I do question that. Do I need to know whether or not he is a true believer and is saved? Or should I just continue to pray for him?

I take my son to church by myself. My husband never comes. Is this okay?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I have been listening to a lot of Christian music lately and my husband teases me about it. He doesn't want to listen when I talk about God. The big problem right now is that I need God more than ever in my life right now.

I also worry about his beliefs. He claims to be Christian but I do question that. Do I need to know whether or not he is a true believer and is saved? Or should I just continue to pray for him?

I take my son to church by myself. My husband never comes. Is this okay?

We can never truly know the state of another's salvation; not even a husband. I would think it would be very hard for you to not have your husband in church with you though. I will pray for him. :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Continue praying for your husband and live the example before him. Only God can change a person. You are in my prayers..........and keep going to church with your son that is great.....and maybe getting involved with church activities will give you some support you need right now.

Continue praying for your husband and live the example before him. Only God can change a person. You are in my prayers..........and keep going to church with your son that is great.....and maybe getting involved with church activities will give you some support you need right now.

I'm trying to be a good example but I get so frustrated. I really need his support right now. And to be laughed at by my own husband for being a Christian is very hurtful. I get enough of that outside of my home. :blink:

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

My mom took us to church without my father for over 30 years. He would on occasions ridicule my mom for her naive faith in G-d even if he did believe in some higher authority he felt was G-d. My dad made it very hard for my mom to go to church and live a life of a godly christian woman but in the end my father accepted Yeshua and even went to church when phyiscally able to go. Pray for him, don't badger him about it but don't back down in your faith or stop listening to the music you want to, it just may be the way he might see the joy of G-d within you!

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I would agree with everyone and continue to pray for him. Continue to listen to the music because you need that. If necessary, wear head phones.

I'm just worried that my son will pick up on it and hate going to church and eventually end up, well, like him.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

That's a valid concern. Pray for your son as well. How old is he?

That's a valid concern. Pray for your son as well. How old is he?

He is almost 3.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I'm trying to be a good example but I get so frustrated. I really need his support right now. And to be laughed at by my own husband for being a Christian is very hurtful. I get enough of that outside of my home. :thumbsup:

when you get frustrated, take a step back and tell God that you need Him at this very moment.....tell Him everything you are feeling (it helps) besides He already knows......and far as your husband goes.....it doesn't look like you can get his support "right now" so lean on God even more.......all things work together for the good to them that love the Lord and are called according to His purposes.....like i said earlier.....getting involved with church activities can strengthen you also...meeting with other believers