IGNORED

Christian Music

~Shalhevet~

I'd guess that K-Love and Salem are looking for Christian Lyrics rather than innovative music styles...

I have to try and balance my cynicism of the industry against my personal preferences in music for this discussion.

The major christian satelite networks, the major christian distributors, and even the major christian bookstore chains are looking for a "safe" business model. Many of them are not owned by christians at all. You are viewed by them as merely sheep who buy their product. I'm sure they appreciate you enough to find sincere christian bands they can market/promote, but most of them aren't doing it "for the Lord". Integrity is the only christian-owned major distributor anymore.

I have a lot more respect for the worship radio stations or even the christian talk radio who take risk in following the Holy Spirit every day but these satelite networks? Well...it's not about that.

I hear U2 alot on one of my local rock stations...I really like those guys...besides they're old guys like me. :noidea:

I was saved while listening to "one tree hill" off the jushua tree album, so yea, I'm an old guy that has followed them since their 1st album. Once I got saved, I started understanding the lyrics a lot better though....LOL

Yod, I appreciate your candor and hopefully you didn't feel like I didn't respect your opinion. Your personal music tastes are yours and I don't want to try and change that. I happen to enjoy CCM (as do millions of others) as well as many more genres of music. Thanks.

Thank you for your kindness and grace. I'm just ornery about the topic of music..and overly opinionated at all times. :beehive:

I just drove for 32 hours. I listened to christian talk radio every time I could find it. I listened to preachers for about 4 hours of that. And I listened to CCM radio about 30 minutes before it just bored me.

If they only played Texans, I'd probably love it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

If they only played Texans, I'd probably love it.

Me too!

Christian talk radio? I'd definatley be interested in that. I doubt it's in my area, though.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Any good recommendations for compilation CDs? I really like gospel music.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Here are some good albums I just bought:

Kathy Troccoli - Greatest Hits

Michael W. Smith - A New Hallelujah (listen to Amazing Grace, it's wonderful)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

I find that much of the church these days tries to copy the world... and we are not very good at it, including in our music.

I still enjoy listning to Keith Green (late 70's early 80's... :cool: ) and 'Sons of Korah' who sing the psalms here in Australia.

A lot of the Christian music around here seems to be all about feelings. We all have them but it seems a bit insignificant when we have an awesome God to worship and praise. We're going to be doing it for all eternity and it's a blessing to be able to start right now on earth! :)

Love

Your sister in Christ

Ella rose

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with Yod about radio stations...they are trying to make money and they target the best demographic to do just that. Unfortunately, i am not part of that demographic.

I disagree with Yod about Christian music in general. I am a BIG fan of several Christian bands. My most favoritists band is Family Force Five. Look 'em up. Now they are a bit rowdy and fun...not your typical mature U2 style ...but they are totally original in Christian Music. I am also a BIG Toby Mac fan.

Oh...and Yod...totally agree about the Eddy Vedder clones. Its an automatic "NO" if I hear that voice...lol

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

Jonny Lang's "Turn Around" CD is fabulous

I got this CD today. :laugh: Nice!! :thumbsup:

:101: