IGNORED

How do you deal with people of different faiths?

GodPreciousChild

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I had a most ugly argument with a muslim. It got ugly. I just was never faced with a muslim telling me that Jesus is not the son of God and I got mad. I mean I have handled atheists better but this was ugly. Anyway, my question is, what did Jesus say we were supposed to do with people of differering faiths? How was I supposed to have handled that?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I had a most ugly argument with a muslim. It got ugly. I just was never faced with a muslim telling me that Jesus is not the son of God and I got mad. I mean I have handled atheists better but this was ugly. Anyway, my question is, what did Jesus say we were supposed to do with people of differering faiths? How was I supposed to have handled that?

By listening to the leading of the Holy Spirit. If we listen and obey, the fruit of the spirit will be with us. If we decide to go on our own, we will have fleshy results. There is a difference between following the Spirit in witnessing or by stepping out without His leading. The results will be evident.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Pray for them!

Matthew 5:43-45 (New American Standard Bible)

43"(A)You have heard that it was said, '(B)YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR ©and hate your enemy.'

44"But I say to you, (D)love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

45so that you may be (E)sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Tell them the gospel!

Matt 28 (NASB)

18And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "®All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

19"(S)Go therefore and (T)make disciples of (U)all the nations, (V)baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, (W)I am with you always, even to (X)the end of the age."

Remember to keep your words gracious at all times

Col 4 (NASB)

5(I)Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward (J)outsiders, (K)making the most of the opportunity.

6(L)Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with (M)salt, so that you will know how you should (N)respond to each person.

Be prepared

1 Peter 3:14-16 (New American Standard Bible)

14But even if you should (A)suffer for the sake of righteousness, (B)you are blessed ©AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED,

15but [a]sanctify (D)Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready (E)to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the (F)hope that is in you, yet (G)with gentleness and (H)reverence;

16and keep a (I)good conscience so that in the thing in which (J)you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.

:whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

what did Jesus say we were supposed to do with people of differering faiths?

Actually, He didn't. We don't see Him interacting with many Gentiles in Scripture.

But as was pointed out, praying for them and loving them is the best thing you can do.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yeah, this guy got kind of really scary. It was weird and scary. At the same time I dont know if I was representing Jesus well by how I acted.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

There really isn't much that you can do with these types of people. Religious talk can easily get heated. I believe, as Christian, we have a duty to speak the word. If the person becomes hostile, step away and pray for them. That's really all you can do. I have a lot of atheist and muslim friends and it is hard, I know.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Pray for them!

Matthew 5:43-45 (New American Standard Bible)

43"(A)You have heard that it was said, '(B)YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Muslims have many denominations as well.Let them talk till they are tired and pray.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The best one can do is pray for them. You can't force the gospel to them.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/18/1948

I had an experience years ago with this Muslim guy (this was before I knew anything much about the religion). He joined me and a bunch of Christian friends at a park. We were actually doing that Hava Negilah (sp?) dance and he joined in. Afterwards we all went to a resaturant together. Everything was going fine until the subject of Jesus being the Son of God came up. Then he got very agitated and admant about that not being so. I really didn't understand at the time. But as I pointed out on the other thread they are taught that if they believe that they will go to hell for eternity. It is the unforgivable sin in their religion.

most muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet i start there and find comman ground i plant seeds i have personally 3 to Christ we place seeds and hpoe it falls on good ground