• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

There was one person I used to always go to for spiritual guidance. He was my encouragement anytime I felt like I was falling away from God. A few months ago he moved to a different town. Then last Friday I found out a little more info as to why he left. All I am allowed to know is that it was very illegal, immoral, and could have landed him in jail for a long time. Let's just say the news crushed me. I feel like the biggest part of my church life was all a scam now. I feel like I can't trust Pastors anymore, because who knows what they're doing in the free time now.

How do I allow myself to move past this?

You are not alone for there are many who do the same thing. People tend to put people up on pedestals for leadership and guidance only to find them fail them later. I even knew a mentor of mine who was upset because Jimmy Swaggart fell into adultery (not once but twice) and a close friend of his fell from serving Christ after 30 years. My mentor's anger was directed at Swaggart.

This is all wrong. Our Salvation and subsequent ongoing Spiritual growth and cleansing has nothing to do with men or women but just Jesus. Our focus and lives are to be wrapped up in Him alone and not anyone of the flesh. He said so Himself. Jesus promises us HE will move into us and abide in us and guide us through the Holy Spirit. If you have not done so, you need to just get alone with Jesus in prayer and seek Him out alone. He WILL answer, He always does. He Promised it! Then get into His Word focusing on Him and listening as you read, He will guide you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I'm so sorry that he disappointed you like that, but it raises an issue that I was told very soon after I was saved. never, ever, follow the man in church. concentrate on Jesus and Jesus alone. All men are fallible one way or another. I have just returned from an amazing church service where our church handed over the pastorship to one of our elders as our pastor is off to plant a new church in New Zealand (it's what we do - 600 relating churches all over the world now).

The point is that it was a joyous, but sad occasion as one leader left (and we loved him), and another was raised up. But the fact that we keep our eyes on Jesus and not the man, made it so much more easy to do.

Don't let one man's actions cloud your vision or cause you to mistrust every pastor you may meet from now on. Keep your eyes firmly on Jesus, for He is our ultimate "pastor".

Blessings

There was one person I used to always go to for spiritual guidance. He was my encouragement anytime I felt like I was falling away from God. A few months ago he moved to a different town. Then last Friday I found out a little more info as to why he left. All I am allowed to know is that it was very illegal, immoral, and could have landed him in jail for a long time. Let's just say the news crushed me. I feel like the biggest part of my church life was all a scam now. I feel like I can't trust Pastors anymore, because who knows what they're doing in the free time now.

How do I allow myself to move past this?

Matthew 23

1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples,

2 saying:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/10/1973

God uses different people in different ways and I believe he used this man whom you speak of to help lead you to Christ. Its unfortunate he fell victim to sin, but its important you keep your focus on Christ, and please pray for the man whom you write of. And you ask how can you move past this, look into your heart and forgive.

Edited by TJR

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I'm so sorry that he disappointed you like that, but it raises an issue that I was told very soon after I was saved. never, ever, follow the man in church. concentrate on Jesus and Jesus alone. All men are fallible one way or another. I have just returned from an amazing church service where our church handed over the pastorship to one of our elders as our pastor is off to plant a new church in New Zealand (it's what we do - 600 relating churches all over the world now).

The point is that it was a joyous, but sad occasion as one leader left (and we loved him), and another was raised up. But the fact that we keep our eyes on Jesus and not the man, made it so much more easy to do.

Don't let one man's actions cloud your vision or cause you to mistrust every pastor you may meet from now on. Keep your eyes firmly on Jesus, for He is our ultimate "pastor".

Blessings

I'm totally onboard with that, fez. Man is fallible and weak; we need to keep our eyes on the Savior because He will never disappoint us. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Matthew 23

2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.

3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe,that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.

Don't let the actions of one individual give you cause to stray from the path.

Mind if I ask a simple question?

Are you saying that the pastors and leaders today "sit in Moses' seat"?

There Is One

Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,"

Hebrews 13:5 (NASB)

Only One Man

A man of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 18:24 (NASB)

To Look Up To

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2 (NASB)

Praying!

Matthew 23

2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.

3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe,that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.

Don't let the actions of one individual give you cause to stray from the path.

Mind if I ask a simple question?

Are you saying that the pastors and leaders today "sit in Moses' seat"?

Many of the church leaders we have today are called pastors, ministers, clergy, whatever, where called scribes and the Pharisees 2,000 years ago.

Jesus said to do what they say, not what they do.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

hi song,

look unto Jesus...always. pastors may come and go, for whatever reason. but your christian faith should be grounded on Jesus alone and God's word.

blessings...south :thumbsup: