herald2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

We are persecuted by others in different ways everyday ,around us in our work place,at the supermarket ,in our dealings with others. Then there is the physical persecution when a tries to break down your door to get in to hurt you and your family.When this actually happens to yourself one realises that the lives we have in USA ,in the Eu etc is indeed very good.

We must thank God for this.

Blessings

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blessings,

The persecuted Chinese underground house church, the real church in China, like the early New Testament Church, has had a phenomenal growth and each day, thousands more people come to Christ in China. Nothing can stop these Chinese Christians even unto death itself. What a glorious testimony to our risen Lord. When the communist regime ordered all western missionaries out of China and kicked Christianity out 50 years ago, the church of Christ in 50 years has grown to`110,000,000 Christians in China, an increase of 100 fold. And it just keeps growing. We can learn alot from these Chinese Christians. May God continue to bless them abundantly 100 fold....

Hallelujah!

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index...t&p=1425065

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1978

To be ridiculed laughed at mocked poked fun of, that is kind of a bit too far in politely speaking one's mind.

Is that persecution though?

It is a form of persecution i.m.o.. There are young teens committing suicide or even celebs committing suicide because of how the press or perhaps peers ridicule them. Look at that young girl who sadly ended her life because a girl's mom impersonated a young man that she liked and made a joke of her, or perhaps some celeb who gets something he did wrong put on the front page of a magazine and then gets ridiculed by the public. Look at Chris Brown, what he did to Rhianna was wrong, but he was sentenced and given punishment, yet there are still people, because of the press exploiting things, which some things should be considered an outrage because somethings just belong in secret like somebody's marital matters, that say he should be burned at the stake. I have just come to a conclusion. please God not people. I am tired of trying to live for this world. People want to get patted on the back when they make fun of somebody, they think it makes them look worthy of some form of acceptance. I pray for these people, because they are blind. They can't accept that one should live in truth for Christ, and love their brethren as themselves. not to get out here and ridicule or persecute somebody because of what they believe or a mistake they have made. We all have made mistakes, just some get caught and pay the price for them, and no, that doesn't justify a mistake. wrong is wrong, no way of making wrong right. we should look for a way in Christ to handle these mistakes and those that others make. That doesn't mean somebody doesn't need to be locked up for a crime, but we should try to reach the people in jails and prisons for christ too. and some are doing that. they are visiting those in prison and God Bless them.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

It is a form of persecution i.m.o.. There are young teens committing suicide or even celebs committing suicide because of how the press or perhaps peers ridicule them. Look at that young girl who sadly ended her life because a girl's mom impersonated a young man that she liked and made a joke of her, or perhaps some celeb who gets something he did wrong put on the front page of a magazine and then gets ridiculed by the public. Look at Chris Brown, what he did to Rhianna was wrong, but he was sentenced and given punishment, yet there are still people, because of the press exploiting things, which some things should be considered an outrage because somethings just belong in secret like somebody's marital matters, that say he should be burned at the stake. I have just come to a conclusion. please God not people. I am tired of trying to live for this world. People want to get patted on the back when they make fun of somebody, they think it makes them look worthy of some form of acceptance. I pray for these people, because they are blind. They can't accept that one should live in truth for Christ, and love their brethren as themselves. not to get out here and ridicule or persecute somebody because of what they believe or a mistake they have made. We all have made mistakes, just some get caught and pay the price for them, and no, that doesn't justify a mistake. wrong is wrong, no way of making wrong right. we should look for a way in Christ to handle these mistakes and those that others make. That doesn't mean somebody doesn't need to be locked up for a crime, but we should try to reach the people in jails and prisons for christ too. and some are doing that. they are visiting those in prison and God Bless them.

Amen.

We have no idea what persecution is in America. We have "harrassment" maybe...."humiliation" perhaps. Some, if not most, of those situations are of our own making.

But persecution? Nah...we haven't seen that...yet.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

We have no idea what persecution is in America. We have "harrassment" maybe...."humiliation" perhaps. Some, if not most, of those situations are of our own making.

I agree

What is your definition of persecution? I have no idea what is or what isn't. I was reading a news story about a kid who asked classmates if anyone believed in God and this little girl raised her hand and said I do, then he shot her. That was a sad story. I suppose being made fun of for what you believe is nothing compared to that horror. I have seen things about places all of the world about how people have been tortured or brutally murdered for Christ. I would call that persecution for sure. Rwanda was one of them. It is sad people mistreat people like that.

Edited by huskmc

Let me make this clear. I find it no small thing when a child or teen is made a spectacle in school or anywhere else. It is horrifying to a young person and I find that type of emotional trauma just as bad as being murdered. It states in the bible hating a man without a cause is murder. If there are young folks out there going through it, I know how ya feel. I have been there and know exactly how important it is to be accepted. Christ suffered and was mocked. If you can't find peace in anything, find peace in Christ. I will pray for you.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Persecute does not mean murder. It IS happening today. Here is the definition:

1. to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, esp. because of religion, race, or beliefs; harass persistently.

2. to annoy or trouble persistently.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/persecute

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Blessings,

Persecute does not mean murder. It IS happening today.

I agree.

For those who don't think Christians in America are not being oppressed or harassed, watch this video Speechless: Silencing The Christians. This particular video concerns the homosexual agenda against Christians and traditional values in America by the homosexual lobby and homosexuals working within the highest places in American government and media.

Nikki