gas was shut off

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I have been a christian for 31 years this month. I am told many things, that God provides our needs. I know this is not so. i am told if we speak things, they must happen as our words have power. This is not so either.

I am told God has mysterious ways. This is a cop out. Either He cannot help or doesn't want to. A parnet neglecting their children this way would be in trouble.

People cannot explain honest questions so they do the 'myterious reasons' thing or accuse me.

You are so right. There is no promise that He will just obey what ever we say. This is the reason why Word of Faith preaching is so dangerous. No one can just speak a word and have God obey them UNLESS they are speaking His words and 100% in His will when asking and speaking. To many have taught that if you have enough faith, all you have to do is speak/ask and He will obey. This is a lie straight our of the twisting of scripture and is so dangerous that it has placed many in danger of walking away from God, as you are.

Listen to you! You are accusing Him of not loving His children! Shame!! His love is beyond our understanding and reaches into the lives of His children, those who follow Him. As I stated earlier, you first have to study scripture yourself, allow His Spirit to teach and change you, allow Him to live in and through you - remaining in His will, not your own, seeking His righteousness, and He will ensure you are blessed. He does not lie!! Your understanding is at fault, not God.

thank you all who are praying. I visited a fellow churchmate to bathe and got to hear that I am slothfull and lazy and I can control God by my attitude.

Some don't realize how they push others away from the Lord.

All I know is the Bible says God provides our needs. This is a need, and He should be providing.

I must testify to all (not just here, atheists also) the bible is a lie, God des not provide the needs of the widow and fatherless. No one can prove me wrong.

That is all.

Thats just it, I have had faith, always, He has come through for me many times. But the Word says he will provide our needs. This isn't even a want.

Yes, i have faith, but when He just turns His back, theres mno more reason to faith.

It would be delusional to say he is providing when he isn't.

Yes, i have done all I can.

This morn, I woke in time for church, called the woman we visited yesterday and she wouldn't answer so I called the church office and got someone to pick me up. She was there, and didn't take us home (she lives a 5 minute drive away).

Another who drove me home, i asked if I could bathe at her house this week once. She said no, busy all week.

So God doesn't want to provide a way for me to even bathe?

My point is the bible says he provides our needs. I am stating I am living proof He does not.

Anyone contacting organizations can be helped supposedly(though they cannot help me).

An atheist could get help, God would have nothing to do with it. people have good things happen and then credit God when how do they explain these things also happen to atheists.

I haev not been able to afford to go to the laudnromat to do laundry for over a month, or get mr. clean to clean the floors. Theres no organizations to help with this, are there? My church won't help with even that.

The state of Ohio.

Even christians cannot be bothered to loan me floor cleaning solution. james 2:15, 16.

Either God isn't powerful enough to help or He doesn't want to, making him not loving.

I will state this, its the truth. Theres no third option.

Better pray hard, our neighbor has threatened to put me in jail, she broke our window a few months ago and I was arrested for it. So things keep going downhill, I guess its Gods will.

1. The gas is already off, they will not, under any circumstances, turn it back on without 260$.

2. I read the bible for hours every night, pray almost all waking minutes of every day.

3. Don't misunderstand my example, the lds are not christian!

4. I have been willing to take any job, for any amount, anywhere, any working conditions. No place will hire me.

Read your own words. Whine, whine whine! God is not responsible for the action you take. You are. You state that you have been on assistance for 10 years so far, but are capable of working. I say that you have been given a lot and are so use to accepting hand outs and now reply on them and not yourself. I have nothing else to go on about you but what you post here, and if you are what you post, then your attitude needs to change. Nobody, including God, owes you anything, unless they borrowed from you. Could it be that you have driven people away by your neediness, expecting others to pity you and give you what you want? Could it be that you try to make people feel sorry for you? You should be glad to even have a roof over your head. Because of my unwillingness to change, it resulted in my family having to live in a tent for months because all I wanted was for someone to pay my way in life, and like you, I was capable to work, but nobody wanted to be around me because of me and no other reason. Get a hold of yourself and be determined to make it work no matter what. Just do it and stop acting like a spoiled child waiting for the next person to feel sorry enough to make your life easy.

Reading the word and living it are two different things. I can read all my life on how to be a soldier, but unless I take this knowledge and apply it to my life, I will never be one.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1958

What reason will they not hire you?

how many applications have you put out every week?

have you tried to get unemployment?

have you tried the church you go to?

have you then tried to go to welfare office?

They will not tell me. I have called places, spent money to go there on the bus to apply, they say they are hriirng. I get there, they say no they are not hiring. I ask why, they say, not a good fit.

I have walked 8 miles every other day to mcDonalds, asking when they will look at my application. Finally they call and have me come in for an interview. i do. No hire.

How could i get umemployment, my last job was 1998 and that was self employed.

Yes, i have told my church.

Yes, I am on welfare, I get medical and some food on a card. No cash.

No, God does not obey us, but His word says He will provide our needs. Then his word is untrue if he doesn't.

Why are people not getting this? I cannot bathe even!

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

This seems like a terribly inappropriate thread to be debating the goodness of God ...

there really is no debate about that except in our minds perhaps...

He is good...

read the scripture in my signature..we do faint if we do not believe in the goodness of God in the land of the living..

You must believe that God is .......

You must believe that God is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him..

Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Is this the Scripture you are basing your anger on??

He does supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus..

You do not lack anything as the same spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead dwells in you..

It is not Gods fault you cannot bathe..

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

you cannot rail against Him and praise Him at the same time... Praise Him and believe in His goodness to you .. even when you do not see it....

That is what faith is...

Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

May you find rest in Him for your life and all your needs and as many have done before you ..may you rejoice in your trial for they work for good to those who love Him...

Father You promise to be with us in all we face.. I believe you , let faith rise up in this heart that she may find that same rest that You will not leave her hopeless... bring about Your good work in this life... :huh:

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

No, God does not obey us, but His word says He will provide our needs. Then his word is untrue if he doesn't.

blessings alpha-bits,

i am not understanding why you can not bathe. you have water where you live correct?

you make some charges against God that are not true.

lets look at just a few things that God has provided for you:

the air you breathe

shelter

clean running water

food

access to internet

the ability to worship Him freely in a country where your life nor the life if your family will not be put on the line for it

access to a Bible

you have far more "wants provided" than soooooo many Christians around the world alpha-bits God has given you life and more than that the opportunity for eternal life which will in the end be all that lasts past the pain or joys of this fleeting life this is the only provision we truly need.

Instead of complaining or blaming God for what we do not have we are told to give Him thanks and praise in ALL things despite our circumstances in life.

continuing to pray for you

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Yes, the water works, but an ice cold bath is not good.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I've been in your shoes before - I've had plenty of cold showers and baths... I had to get ready for work. I've also cooked on a grill outdoors when I had no electricity and convinced the kids it was camping.... Necessity is the mother of invention. You simply do what you must do to get by.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

You keep asking God to help you, but then you turn right around and say He doesn't help and that He doesn't care. God will not help those who are not faithful to Him. You don't trust Him, He can't help you. You keep saying the same things, but it seems that you don't listen to what your brothers and sisters are telling you or accepting what they are offering you. Sympathy and empathy only last so long when help and advise is rejected and ignored.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

It's not any fun, for sure, but I've done it (as have many others) during prolonged periods without power after hurricanes and tornadoes. One time, in Michigan, it was due to an ice storm; no electricity for 9 days. Come on, alpha-bits, anything that doesn't kill you will make you stronger. (I'll be honest; I seriously thought ice cold showers were going to kill me!) :huh:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I know I get it, alpha-bits. You call Him a liar, one who does not love us, and expect Him to hand you what every you think you need. Sound about right? I question very highly if you do. Everything you post is a complaint, down to your very location, which you choose to input leper.

The state does not feel you qualify for money, for reasons you will not disclose. The church will not help you anymore, those in the church have turned their back on you, your friends have also turned, and you are blaming God. All through this, the one person who is responsible takes no blame for it all ... you. There has to be a reason why all this is happening, and it is not because God is a liar and that He does not love His children. Take a very close look in the mirror and, this time, be honest with yourself. What do you see? Is it a child of God? A child of God does not say what you have said!

Alpha, by now you probably dislike me very much and I am willing to live with that. What you need is not another handout, but the truth. A child of God, the ones He does provide for, does not call Him a liar, blame Him for their faults, call his word a lie, spread discord and disbelief, all of which you have been doing. You need to turn to Him, as scripture tells us. You need to allow His Spirit to create a new person in you with a new heart and a new mind, the mind of Christ. You need to be holy as He is holy. You have to die to the old man and live in the new man, one that does His will. Without allowing Him to complete in you what He started, you are in fact turning your back on Him and expect Him to fall in line with what you want, and not turn to Him to be what He wants.

Read Job ... this man lost more then you will ever have and not once did he blame God.