• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Jesus said that since He was hated, that His followers would be hated as well. Does anyone ever find this fact to be discouraging? I feel like it's so hard to witness because I feel like non-believers are filled with hate towards me because I am a Christian. Even having friends who aren't Christian is extremely hard. I have only one. It's even hard to deal with family who aren't Christian. The hate is always there it seems. Why are we so hated? How do you handle it?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/20/1959

Hey Blue,

The reason for the hate directed at Jesus and all who follow Him is:

1.) Jesus is real, and is recorded in several non-biblical records.

2.) Jesus is alive, over 500 have witnessed Him after the crucifixion including a report in a Roman historians ledger.

3.) Jesus reveals sin. people do not want the light shed on their sinful deeds, makes then very uncomfortable.

As a result of these things, especially the third one, non-believers lash out at us, his followers, as they cannot hurt Jesus personally. However, Had they any understanding of who He is and why He came in the first place, their rejection of Him hurts Him more than the pain of being crucified.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hey Blue,

The reason for the hate directed at Jesus and all who follow Him is:

1.) Jesus is real, and is recorded in several non-biblical records.

2.) Jesus is alive, over 500 have witnessed Him after the crucifixion including a report in a Roman historians ledger.

3.) Jesus reveals sin. people do not want the light shed on their sinful deeds, makes then very uncomfortable.

As a result of these things, especially the third one, non-believers lash out at us, his followers, as they cannot hurt Jesus personally. However, Had they any understanding of who He is and why He came in the first place, their rejection of Him hurts Him more than the pain of being crucified.

I want to be like Paul (fat chance but I do)!

Imagine!

Roman to Paul - "If you don't stop preaching the gospel we will lock you up again!"

Paul - "Oh please do, I was just about to save half of your jail staff when you released me last time, I have work to do there"

This while in chains!

Rom 5:3 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,

Rom 5:4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

Rom 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Rom 5:6 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Roman to Paul - "We are warning you stop or we will kill you!"

Paul - "Well really I can't make up my mind if I want to stay here or be with Jesus, so do what you think you must!"

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

Rom 8:36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

Rom 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,

Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So the hate directed towards the saved is something Jesus, and Paul warned us about. It is how we react to, how we love that hate, that sets us aside as His church.

Blessings

Amen!

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:

therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 1 John 3:1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Roman to Paul - "If you don't stop preaching the gospel we will lock you up again!"

Paul - "Oh please do, I was just about to save half of your jail staff when you released me last time, I have work to do there"

This while in chains!

Rom 5:3 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,

Rom 5:4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

Rom 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Rom 5:6 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Roman to Paul - "We are warning you stop or we will kill you!"

Paul - "Well really I can't make up my mind if I want to stay here or be with Jesus, so do what you think you must!"

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

Rom 8:36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

Rom 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,

Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

:whistling:

How do you handle it?

Love them anyway. Don't judge, or condemn.

However, Had they any understanding of who He is and why He came in the first place, their rejection of Him hurts Him more than the pain of being crucified

This is true. Unfortunately, Christians have been portrayed as judgemental, pious, pompous and condemning. We need to show people this is not a true portrayal.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

How do you handle it?

Love them anyway. Don't judge, or condemn.

However, Had they any understanding of who He is and why He came in the first place, their rejection of Him hurts Him more than the pain of being crucified

This is true. Unfortunately, Christians have been portrayed as judgemental, pious, pompous and condemning. We need to show people this is not a true portrayal.

Very true, artsylady, very true. But, in some instances, people don't even know why they dislike Christians (and Jews). IMO, it's because they follow another master; one who works tirelessly to lead people away from the Lord. He doesn't have to worry about islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. because those 'religions' are false.

He doesn't have to worry about islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. because those 'religions' are false.

That's right.

I think today's definition of 'tolerance' is the acceptance of every faith or idealogy except Christianity.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

He doesn't have to worry about islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. because those 'religions' are false.

That's right.

I think today's definition of 'tolerance' is the acceptance of every faith or idealogy except Christianity.

Yes and, to me, this fits with the coming intense persecution of Christians. Most of the world is living under the deception.

Couldn't agree more.