• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

i have always thought of witnessesing to be a major calling from Godon my life.

Ienjoy doing it but lately cannot find anyone to go with me due to schedule differences.

I have been taught you should always have at least two people when you witness so that if one stumbles the other can help them, but i am getting restless waiting, does anyone think it is wise or prudent for me to go alone?

Thanks for your time and blessings always.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless you're going into a seedy neighborhood to street-witness, or unless you are going door to door, then there is no reason i can think of that you would need a second person there. you should witness at any time an opportunity arises, and there are usually many opportunities each day. if you pass up those opportunities because you don't have a second person there, it's quite possible (and likely) that you'd be being disobedient to God. after all, God doesn't tell us "witness when you get a warm fuzzy feeling and have another believer with you". God calls us to be a witness to all people, all the time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Theres no reason anyone cannot speak to others by yourself! we all do it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

i have always thought of witnessesing to be a major calling from Godon my life.

Ienjoy doing it but lately cannot find anyone to go with me due to schedule differences.

I have been taught you should always have at least two people when you witness so that if one stumbles the other can help them, but i am getting restless waiting, does anyone think it is wise or prudent for me to go alone?

I agree with LadyC. Like you, I believe witnessing is a major call upon one's life, and Jesus did send his disciples out two by two, and I believe we should do likewise.

However, I do no hesitate as the Lord leads to speak to others spontaneously about Him when I am lead to by the Holy Spirit.

Blessings,

Nikki

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

i have always thought of witnessessing to be a major calling from Godon my life.

I enjoy doing it but lately cannot find anyone to go with me due to schedule differences.

The first thing that came to my mind is we are to be a witness of Jesus Christ our hope for glory at all times to all men everywhere. To know what we believe and how to explain it that we may give all men a good reason for our hope and belief in Christ.

It is for all believers in Christ, not a special unusual calling or only some program and the rest do nothing for Christ. (no,I don't mean you in that at all) It is good that you want to share your love for the Lord.

Study up, go prayerfully at any time, always pray first.

... if you are talking about in neighborhoods or street*??then it is a better idea that someone goes with you, for that is somewhat diff than personal encounters witnessing. Although I have seen some who do it alone in the main street of town, too.(not in neighborhoods though)* in public areas in street one can do it alone and I have done so God brings people to help.

...it is not really safe idea to go door to door alone however, my opinion. -this part is only my present opinion.

People in many places are needing prayers and may let you pray for them or with them, too. Can hand out a small book of one of the books of the Bible, too etc...Book of John.

Pray, study; be sure of what you are preaching/teaching to people: most of all that and to pray for people.

What did the first Christians teach in the first three centuries after Christ? How does it relate to the Teaching of Christ? Have you researched this? Is what you are going to teach matching up to historical Christianity or is it a hyjacking of the Gospel that we see so much now (since approx 1500 AD forward there so many break offs, more all the time, although the original Teaching of Christ continues the same) , although many are sincere, they do not know Christian history and Teaching of Christ.

I appreciate that you want to share your love of Christ, with prayer I believe God brings people also into our lives those whom need prayer and teaching, too. I have tried witnessing to all where ever I go. Sometimes right in front of us; family, friends workmates, a cult person at your door, neighbors to love in Christ Love and show Godly love to , to help out, and to teach if will listen. Being prayed up is soooo vital I can't stress it enough for you. Even having some praying for what you are doing or about to do. Have you spoken to anyone at your church for prayers?

(some thoughts)

Take Care,

elkie

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

The book of Acts records the first century believers. They witnessed in many ways...many places...to many people.

Witnessing can be done alone or with others, start off with friends and work your way out to strangers. There is strength in witnessing with others.

It reminds me of the scripture in Luke 11:28.."Blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it."

Some good points in witnessing: It improves your prayer life. You will be rewarded. You will be pleasing God. And Jesus is the only way to God

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Sir Gareth, I am interested to know, because yours is an interesting question, how do you witness? Is it door to door, on the street, in shopping malls? (they are good, lots of people and a safe environment to start). Do you just approach a person cold, or is there some preparation?

Blessings :noidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I should have specified more.

What i am talking about is not witnessesing on the spot to people, i mean going out door to door or in malls, at beaches, amusement parks, etc with the intention of talking to everyperson i see about Jesus.

I do think i have unfortunatly just been using an excuse because i am worried about pushing people further away from God by saying the wrong thing, but i know God will help me when i get stuck.

Fez: I go mostly to malls but i am going to start going door to door also, i've been trying to start a witnessesing group at my church but unfortunatly not alot of people are joining.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I should have specified more.

What i am talking about is not witnessesing on the spot to people, i mean going out door to door or in malls, at beaches, amusement parks, etc with the intention of talking to everyperson i see about Jesus.

I do think i have unfortunatly just been using an excuse because i am worried about pushing people further away from God by saying the wrong thing, but i know God will help me when i get stuck.

Fez: I go mostly to malls but i am going to start going door to door also, i've been trying to start a witnessesing group at my church but unfortunatly not alot of people are joining.

Yeah it's a hard thing to do isn't it! First couple of times it feels like your heart is in your mouth! One way to start is very gently. I got stopped in a roadblock by the Swaziland Army on my way back from an outreach not so long ago. Being Africa they were looking for arms. A soldier asked me "Do you have any arms in the car", there were four of us. I said "Yes". Shock and horror from the other guys, now they would take the car apart! The guy asked me "what weapon", and I answered "the sword of the Lord, want to hear about it?" We were there for 30 minutes! By the way I learned that the new camo uniforms they were wearing came from the USA.

I went to get a car licence the other day, and the guy behind the counter was playing soft worship songs on a beat up old CD player alongside him. I asked him what church he went to, and he said I don't go to church, they are corrupt, but I love Jesus. Just as well it was a quiet day because we spoke for 30 minutes as well.

My brother witnesses with his church in malls once a month. They have had a small business card size tract printed, It does not say much, because people shopping often don't read to much. It just says want to find the way to Jesus, we got the map! on the back is their church details and directions to it. If a person wants to talk, great, if not maybe the card will move them.

So one way is not to go out cold in the beginning, your nerves will be a giveaway, and people will wonder. Rather start with people you bump into, like I did. Judge the situation, the persons mood, and then ask a simple question, like do you go to church? (and it helps if the person is not holding an AK47 on a lonely road in Swaziland :noidea: )

Blessings, Jesus loves what you are starting to do!

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Ever think about witnessing on the Internet? I do it all the time. There are countless forums and even u-tube videos. The Internet can be a very powerful witnessing tool. People are more apt to be honest because they are 'hidden', and in the comfort of their home. But there are definitely millions of people out there in cyberspace who need the Lord.