• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

thought this thread was locked?

I did too, but apparently there were multiple threads on this topic ... OR they opened it again.... sigh.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It was two threads.

The other was closed.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

In either case...the vast majority of people in BOTH religions don't view those historical times as a way we should be today.
That is where you are wrong.

Any proof to back that up?

The connection is that Islam is religion/government that demands complete and total submission to the exclusion of all other authorities. Unlike the Bible which teaches us to obey the governing authorities under which we live, Islam teaches that it alone is (or will one day be) the final authority on earth. Islam's overarching goal is global domination. The Islamic world makes no secret of that.

Yep...Islam is a false religion after all. I'm not arguing that they don't have concepts that are unbiblical. You also are forgetting an important distinction...only Islamic extremists want to "dominate" the world with Islam. It is NOT a Muslim doctrine or ideology to "dominate" the world. However, like pretty much every religious system it does have a global goal. In fact, it is only in Arabia that Islam has been spread by the sword. The Turks, India, and parts of Africa accepted Islam peacefully because of its appeal.

You obviously don't understand the differences between "radical" and "moderate" Islam. Moderate Islam and the terrorists have the same agenda, but they simply use different methods.

Yeah...different methods...I get it. The radicals use the Quran for evil purposes and world domination....the moderates don't.

The moderates you refer to fund the terrorists. The terrorist cells are not self-sufficient. It is the Arab/Muslm leaders who speak of peace in front of the western cameras, but who provide for the training and funding of terrorist cell groups. They fool gullible Americans that they reject terror, but they even provide the property for the terrorists to train on. Not only that, but the terrorists masquarade as "moderates." That is how they are able to remiain in this country. They have plenty of gullible people who are all to willing to hop on messageboards and defend them as well. Terrorists are not wild-eyed crazy people. They are well dressed, well mannered, they drive SUVs, drink Starbucks and blend in quite well with American society. Their job at this point is to remain undetected and to maintain a peaceful, low profile. Judging from your posts, they are doing a good job of it.

I love how you've set up this perfect racial profile where we MUST distrust every muslim. If he speaks peace...we must be suspicious of him because he is lying. If he looks peaceful...he is just trying to maintain a low profile. If you know muslims, and they don't immediately chop off your head...it is because you are a gullible fool who will defend them.

As any other Muslim country???? You really don't have a clue. Find me ONE Muslim country that allows you to openly convert people to Christ without the penalty of death. You are the kind of westerner the terrorists like. If anything, people like you are terrorist enablers.

Oh...I have a clue...its just that you aren't saying ANYTHING new, or proving your point. However, I feel it necessary to point out, that in Indonesia there is NO death penalty for trying to convert people to Christ.

I am not a terrorists enabler...I'm just not quite ready to call EVERYONE who claims to be a muslim a terrorist, or a supporter of terror.

No, the vast majority of them do not. I can enumumerate many recent terrorist activities against which the Islamic world did not speak out against.

They don't have to speak out against each terrorist act individually.

Muslims do not have to twist the Koran to commit terorrism. The Koran is the terrorist's handbook.

You are simply wrong. I don't know how else to put it. You simply cannot offer one bit of proof for this except to pull a couple of random verses, out of their historical context, and try to use them as a qualifier for an entire religious ideology...that the vast majority of that religions practitioners flatly deny. You wouldn't accept that kind of logic from ANY critic of the Holy Bible.

Honestly, you have nothing to offer that is any threat to me.

What in the world makes you think I am attempting to be a threat to you in any way? My words are not meant as a threat. My ideas are not meant as a threat.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

America is a haven for Christians, which makes the title of that post very misleading.

That story doesn't mean that Christians are persecuted in America.

This is a nation where Christian society rules as strongly as they choose over those who make our laws.

This is a nation where almost all of the population call themselves Christians.

This is a nation where churches are rightfully given tax free status.

Failure to be thankful to God for the overwhelming gifts showered on our nation may well lead to the loss of those gifts.

interesting; apparently you live in a different world then I do; just recently I was working a security job, and on this job, we set at a desk most of the time, and I and another security officer would talk about things, any thing we wanted. So one day we got to talking about the Bible, within a week my boss called me in the office and told me; " WE DON't Want any Christians around here!!". They actually got so upset they brought in a guy who was a martial art expert, and he began threatening me, So in order to avoid a major problem I left that job. I then went to put my application in at a local hospital for a transporter position. The lady asked me why I left the security job beings I've been in that line of work for 15 years.

I was honest; and told her that my boss found out I was a Christians; and told me I wasn't welcome; and that they brought a guy in who threatened me. She looked at me and said; " Looks like your going to have to learn to get along with people"; Needless to say I didn't get the job. Whether or not we as Christians like the ideal or not, God is going to try us by fire; and America, now that we have turned away from God, is ready for true christians to be tested.

So if you believe that this is a truly a Christian nation; go to your work, and try witnessing to your co-workers, and too your boss, and I don't mean just walking the walk, I mean verbally. Then come back in a couple of months and tell me that this is truly a Christian nation.

I HAVE done that and it's not a problem. Having said that, I COULD do it in a way that makes it a problem. My girlfriend does it more than I do at her supermarket job. I don't know about my son but they just rearranged his work schedule to accommodate his baptism. They were very glad that he was getting baptized.........this is a Christian nation, and if you think not, you should try living in Iran where they lock Christians into little metal boxes, drill a few air holes in the top of the box for air, and then set the box in the midst of the desert in 120 degree temperatures....this is genuine persecution.

Edited by seekeratthesea

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

America is a haven for Christians, which makes the title of that post very misleading.

That story doesn't mean that Christians are persecuted in America.

This is a nation where Christian society rules as strongly as they choose over those who make our laws.

This is a nation where almost all of the population call themselves Christians.

This is a nation where churches are rightfully given tax free status.

Failure to be thankful to God for the overwhelming gifts showered on our nation may well lead to the loss of those gifts.

interesting; apparently you live in a different world then I do; just recently I was working a security job, and on this job, we set at a desk most of the time, and I and another security officer would talk about things, any thing we wanted. So one day we got to talking about the Bible, within a week my boss called me in the office and told me; " WE DON't Want any Christians around here!!". They actually got so upset they brought in a guy who was a martial art expert, and he began threatening me, So in order to avoid a major problem I left that job. I then went to put my application in at a local hospital for a transporter position. The lady asked me why I left the security job beings I've been in that line of work for 15 years.

I was honest; and told her that my boss found out I was a Christians; and told me I wasn't welcome; and that they brought a guy in who threatened me. She looked at me and said; " Looks like your going to have to learn to get along with people"; Needless to say I didn't get the job. Whether or not we as Christians like the ideal or not, God is going to try us by fire; and America, now that we have turned away from God, is ready for true christians to be tested.

So if you believe that this is a truly a Christian nation; go to your work, and try witnessing to your co-workers, and too your boss, and I don't mean just walking the walk, I mean verbally. Then come back in a couple of months and tell me that this is truly a Christian nation.

I HAVE done that and it's not a problem. Having said that, I COULD do it in a way that makes it a problem. My girlfriend does it more than I do at her supermarket job. I don't know about my son but they just rearranged his work schedule to accommodate his baptism. They were very glad that he was getting baptized.........this is a Christian nation, and if you think not, you should try living in Iran where they lock Christians into little metal boxes, drill a few air holes in the top of the box for air, and then set the box in the midst of the desert in 120 degree temperatures....this is genuine persecution.

What do you do for a living? just curious. I have been on jobs where my co-workers came up to me with the book of satan, and tried to convert me; I told him that those that practice witch craft will not enter the kingdom of heaven. I got called in the office, and told that he can talk about satan anytime he wants, but I could not talk about Jesus.

I'd also like to know how you witness exactly.

Spiritman,

What do YOU do for a living that you are in an office like that?? Just curious...

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Being openly Christian is not a problem in my office either; nor is talking about faith. But EVERYONE in my office is Christian, although we're not all American. It might be different if we still had the two muslims that used to work here (although I saw no sign that they were PRACTICING muslims) but, right now, there are no problems at all.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I work with alot of different faiths and we discuss it all the time...respectfully. Right now my closest partner is an athiest, so thats fun. But I've had mormons, and muslims, wiccans, christians, ...heck there have been times when we brought our bibles to work to discuss different beliefs on various topics. Its actually quite a thrill for me to be able to discuss various beliefs with those that actually follow it.

I work for a government entity. A group of us have Bible study each week before work. It is wonderful and we've been doing it for years. My boss has recently joined and we are soon going to look for another room to meet in because we are getting a little cramped!! Praise God!!!