JCISGD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I know some very fine Catholic brothers and sisters. They differ in doctrine, but they still follow Jesus Christ.

hi OL, do you accept then that you are not a Christian in Catholic church teaching unless you join the Catholic church, which they also teach is the only true church?

I know of those who are Christians and do attend the Catholic Church. I could care less what the Roman Catholic church thinks of me. I am concerned what Christ thinks of me. You are making a blanket statement that would include every single person that attends every single catholic church in the world. Have you met every one of them and asked them personally or can you give me testimony that every single person who attends these churches agree with all of the RC doctrines? If you answer no to either, then you should not condemn every one who enters through their doors.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

I know some very fine Catholic brothers and sisters. They differ in doctrine, but they still follow Jesus Christ.

hi OL, do you accept then that you are not a Christian in Catholic church teaching unless you join the Catholic church, which they also teach is the only true church?

I know of those who are Christians and do attend the Catholic Church. I could care less what the Roman Catholic church thinks of me. I am concerned what Christ thinks of me. You are making a blanket statement that would include every single person that attends every single catholic church in the world. Have you met every one of them and asked them personally or can you give me testimony that every single person who attends these churches agree with all of the RC doctrines? If you answer no to either, then you should not condemn every one who enters through their doors.

So you would also hold that a Mormon or a JW can be a Christian while adhereing to false beliefs and practices of its core teachers.

You still havnt addressed the point that according to Catholicism you are not a Christian unless you are a member of theirs. It is not relevant to ask me about the individual peity of persons who go to catholic churches, i am addressing Catholicism and its core beliefs which are wrong and anti- Christ. I too only care what Jesus thinks of me, and I considered this when including Catholics as ones who call themselves by another name.

So you would also hold that a Mormon or a JW can be a Christian while adhereing to false beliefs and practices?

You still havnt addressed the point that according to Catholicism you are not a Christian unless you are a member of theirs. It is not relevant to ask me about the individual peity of persons who go to catholic churches, i am Catholicism and its core beliefs which are wrong and anti- Christ. I too only care what Jesus thinks of me, and I considered this when including Catholics as ones who call themselves by another name.

Then we are discussing two different subjects. I am talking about those who go to the church and you are talking about the RC doctrine. I do not believe in their doctrine, but do believe that there are true Christians within their walls.

Sorry, but I don't fall for traps like this. Mormons believe we will be gods when we die, or when god comes here from his far away planet he is now living on. JW's believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers. Neither are found in the beliefs of Catholics. I do not agree with the RC doctrine, but I do know of those in the church that do not believe in the RC doctrine either. T.A. McMahon, from The Berean Call was a catholic for over 30 years and he finally left the church when he placed the RC doctrine up to scripture and realized their errors. Others are doing the same right now. If you would like to discuss the differences, we can. I have a lot of resources on this subject. You can start by reading The Kingdom of the Cults, by Walter Martin, ISBN 978-0-7642-2821-6.

I have to ask, are you saying that every single person in the RC church is not a Christian?

So you would also hold that a Mormon or a JW can be a Christian while adhereing to false beliefs and practices?

You still havnt addressed the point that according to Catholicism you are not a Christian unless you are a member of theirs. It is not relevant to ask me about the individual peity of persons who go to catholic churches, i am Catholicism and its core beliefs which are wrong and anti- Christ. I too only care what Jesus thinks of me, and I considered this when including Catholics as ones who call themselves by another name.

Then we are discussing two different subjects. I am talking about those who go to the church and you are talking about the RC doctrine. I do not believe in their doctrine, but do believe that there are true Christians within their walls.

Sorry, but I don't fall for traps like this. Mormons believe we will be gods when we die, or when god comes here from his far away planet he is now living on. JW's believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers. Neither are found in the beliefs of Catholics. I do not agree with the RC doctrine, but I do know of those in the church that do not believe in the RC doctrine either. Dave Hunt, from The Berean Call was a catholic for over 30 years and he finally left the church when he placed the RC doctrine up to scripture and realized their errors. Others are doing the same right now. If you would like to discuss the differences, we can. I have a lot of resources on this subject. You can start by reading The Kingdom of the Cults, by Walter Martin, ISBN 978-0-7642-2821-6.

I have to ask, are you saying that every single person in the RC church is not a Christian?

What traps?, i only ask honest questions. I have not actually said i think Catholicism is a cult, I have only said that like virtually all cults they say theyre the only true church.

Now please answer me, are you happy to be thought of by Catholicism as an unbeliever destined to hell? because reguardless of what individuals believe anyone supporting the body supports the head do they not?

Another criterion is that a cult will have some form of extra-biblical authority,a vision, a prophet or some combination of the two. This authority replaces any legitimacy to be gleaned from scripture ("instead of"). This differentiates a cult from a denomination. A denomination will claim some additional authority, usually some historical precedent ("in addition to"), thus Catholicism is more properly defined as a denomination rather than a cult. However, regardless of the definition used, there is no excuse for Catholic-bashing. In the broadest sense, while one may not agree with their doctrine or their practices, they are nevertheless our brethren and deserve every consideration as such in Jesus' name.

Good point RoC re extra biblical vision etc, if you dont mind i will edit that into my OP, i was hoping for a seventh point. I disagree that i am Catholic bashing i am only stating what they believe which is that they are the only church and all others are infidels, you and me incuded.

I havnt anywhere called Catholicism a cult only that they have a point in common. It is only my list of criteria and opinion that others may find helpful, but each is welcome to add their points and disagreements. I have no extra biblical vision :thumbsup:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I believe that there is some form of cultish activity probably going on in every denomination that cause themselves doing the will of God. We just need to be carefull not to be led into those groups, or hellp lead those believers out. God will judge every heart fairly, if they believe and hold faith in Christ walk in faith then I am sure ignorance will be forgiven. Realy none of us know if we truly have are theology 100% correct

Sorry, but I don't fall for traps like this. Mormons believe we will be gods when we die, or when god comes here from his far away planet he is now living on. JW's believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers. Neither are found in the beliefs of Catholics. I do not agree with the RC doctrine, but I do know of those in the church that do not believe in the RC doctrine either. Dave Hunt, from The Berean Call was a catholic for over 30 years and he finally left the church when he placed the RC doctrine up to scripture and realized their errors. Others are doing the same right now. If you would like to discuss the differences, we can. I have a lot of resources on this subject. You can start by reading The Kingdom of the Cults, by Walter Martin, ISBN 978-0-7642-2821-6.

What traps?, i only ask honest questions. I have not actually said i think Catholicism is a cult, I have only said that like virtually all cults they say theyre the only true church.

Now please answer me, are you happy to be thought of by Catholicism as an unbeliever destined to hell? because reguardless of what individuals believe anyone supporting the body supports the head do they not?

I already answered you. I told you that I do not believe in their doctrine, so I am neither sad or happy. You see JCISGD, I was brought up in a Roman Catholic church, went to Catechism classes for many years and know today the lies that are taught.

The trap was that I said that there are some in the Catholic religion that truly believe in Jesus as their savior, without works, and you then brought up that I must also believe the same about Mormons and JW's.

There is Apostasy in the church today. You don't have to look beyond your own little group to see it.

IF you want to discuss cults, then lets do so. If you have any particular cult you wish to discuss, then state it's name. If you are going to make blanket statements, then you are plain wrong in doing so.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I will have to agree with One Light.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

In many places the christians are known in two groups : catholics and christians (all the rest).

Blessings

I already answered you. I told you that I do not believe in their doctrine, so I am neither sad or happy. You see JCISGD, I was brought up in a Roman Catholic church, went to Catechism classes for many years and know today the lies that are taught.

The trap was that I said that there are some in the Catholic religion that truly believe in Jesus as their savior, without works, and you then brought up that I must also believe the same about Mormons and JW's.

There is Apostasy in the church today. You don't have to look beyond your own little group to see it.

IF you want to discuss cults, then lets do so. If you have any particular cult you wish to discuss, then state it's name. If you are going to make blanket statements, then you are plain wrong in doing so.

We seem to be speaking different languages? I started this post to show up IMO tendencies of cults, and if any church i was part of began teaching any of the points i raised i would be out of there, and would warn others of them. Equating churches who have failings with churches that claim to be the only church is IMO void.

I was not wrong in lumping the Catholic church with others who claim to be the only church and you have not denied they teach this, so i think it is you who are wrong for taking me to task over factual staements.

It was not my intention to single any cult out that is why a used three common names and that only in conjunction to the point being made.

Your welcome to yur opinion, but I will voice my opposition to the R.C and any who support it by association, or should an ex Satanist remain in fellowship to win some?