nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'm in agreement with that, Kat2. We all criticize, and judge, others. If they are sinning then we should point it out to them because we care. If they're just doing, wearing or saying things that we don't agree with....we should zip it. And, yes, the Lord is the judge of sin, not us.

Right -

But you got person A pointing out the sin in another person (as they see it) followed by person B pointing out the sin (as they see it) in person A's "criticizing".

See the problem I'm having?

I see the problem. But is it YOUR problem to fix?

Sounds like Person A and Person B need to avoid the "another person" and just talk to each other about their differences and disagreements one on one. They need not reach an agreement on doctrine, but they should be able to work out how to fellowship with each other without causing offense or division.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I am probably going to get blasted for saying this......but who are we? I think we need to be careful to judge our own motives first!

Do we rebuke others to correct them in love, or do we do it to puff ourselves up? I think it is rather arrogant need to constantly correct the attitudes and behaviors in others.

When our Lord corrected somone He always focused on the motives of that person, and reconcilliation was usually the result.

One of my favorite passages in Scripture is when He rebuked the temple elite. He referred to them as "blind guides." He said that they "strained on a knat, and yet they "swallowed a camel."

As believers our responsibilty is to Christ first. It is the Holy Spirit who convicts and corrects. Before we go and try to correct others, I think we need to examine our own motives, and check our ego's at the door.

Blessings

:)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I am probably going to get blasted for saying this......but who are we? I think we need to be careful to judge our own motives first!

Do we rebuke others to correct them in love, or do we do it to puff ourselves up? I think it is rather arrogant need to constantly correct the attitudes and behaviors in others.

When our Lord corrected somone He always focused on the motives of that person, and reconcilliation was usually the result.

One of my favorite passages in Scripture is when He rebuked the temple elite. He referred to them as "blind guides." He said that they "strained on a knat, and yet they "swallowed a camel."

As believers our responsibilty to Christ first. It is the Holy Spirit who convicts and corrects. Before we go and try to correct others, I think we need to examine our own motives, and check our ego's at the door.

Blessings

:deadthread:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

As believers our responsibilty to Christ first. It is the Holy Spirit who convicts and corrects. Before we go and try to correct others, I think we need to examine our own motives, and check our ego's at the door.

Blessings

I'm afraid most of the time it is because a person has that "holier than thou" attitude and it causes more damage than good

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I personally think that many people get reproving, judging, criticizing and discernment mixed up.

This is due in part to the English language. You we call it good

Edited by Isaiah 6:8

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

what about this? example......a woman has just excepted Christ into her life......She has no family....no job.......lives with her boyfriend........ok she is just learning things....she knows that her living arrangement is wrong........

:) I think everyone is missing the point.

I'm not asking about how we should respond to this person.

But take this situation. Then add in there a person who basically hits her over the head with a Bible, fire-and-brimstone preaches at her to repent or perish, etc.

You see this, and then turn around and hit this person over the head with a Bible, fire-and-brimstone preach to him or her to repent or perish (for being so unloving).

Are your actions righteous or just as unloving and unmerciful as the person you just confronted?

I personally think that many people get reproving, judging, criticizing and discernment mixed up.

This is due in part to the English language. You we call it good

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

what about this? example......a woman has just excepted Christ into her life......She has no family....no job.......lives with her boyfriend........ok she is just learning things....she knows that her living arrangement is wrong........

:) I think everyone is missing the point.

I'm not asking about how we should respond to this person.

But take this situation. Then add in there a person who basically hits her over the head with a Bible, fire-and-brimstone preaches at her to repent or perish, etc.

You see this, and then turn around and hit this person over the head with a Bible, fire-and-brimstone preach to him or her to repent or perish (for being so unloving).

Are your actions righteous or just as unloving and unmerciful as the person you just confronted?

You know I did miss that but in my previous post, it answers it but indirectly. If the person who was being judgemental pushed someone away from Christ they should be corrected in Love. Gently. so yes. but again your not judgeing your discerning and correcting, like adjusting a car on the road a little turn. not condimming them as a judge might to death.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Blessings

I'm afraid most of the time it is because a person has that "holier than thou" attitude and it causes more damage than good

I totally agree that many people have the wrong spirit - a "holier than thou" attitude. This happened to me many times at the legalistic church I grew up in when I was a baby christian. It should always be done in love lest the baby lambs grow discouraged. I thank God that I could go to Jesus when these things happened to me.

However, someone has to set some kind of standards......I remember a man taking a cigarette out of his pocket in church intending to light it up. Fortunately his girlfriend stopped him before he did. Was that have been judging? The best things to do is to tell individuals by your living a holy life in front of them and loving them.

Blessings

:cool:

I totally agree that many people have the wrong spirit - a "holier than thou" attitude. This happened to me many times at the legalistic church I grew up in when I was a baby christian. It should always be done in love lest the baby lambs grow discouraged. I thank God that I could go to Jesus when these things happened to me.

However, someone has to set some kind of standards......I remember a man taking a cigarette out of his pocket in church intending to light it up. Fortunately his girlfriend stopped him before he did. Was that have been judging? The best things to do is to tell individuals by your living a holy life in front of them and loving them.

My former pastor (Chuck Swindoll) has a funny story about that: He was on his way to his car after a service and he saw a man that he knew but hadn't seen in awhile. As he approached this man he saw that he had lit cigarette. When the man saw Chuck coming towards him, he stuffed it into his coat pocket.

They stood there talking for a few minutes, lol, and Chuck kept looking down at this man' s pocket, which, by this time was smoldering. He noticed the man's face was beginning to perspire. So he decided to let the man off the hook, and said to him; " why don't you go ahead and smoke your cigarette?!!! " :)

When Chuck told us this story we all erupted into laughter. Chuck's message however, was very clear. " Grace people, GRACE!!!!"