IGNORED

Anti God

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl

'Mr&Mrs Mike Irish' ]

unfortunatly that is what most....many people that claim to be Christian are doing...... leading a double life......

There are responsibilities as a Christian BUT also - as we grow closer to God, we are SUPPOSED to reflect Jesus...

so what would a double life suggest to you?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

'Mr&Mrs Mike Irish' ]

unfortunatly that is what most....many people that claim to be Christian are doing...... leading a double life......

There are responsibilities as a Christian BUT also - as we grow closer to God, we are SUPPOSED to reflect Jesus...

so what would a double life suggest to you?

double life.....

how do the people around you at work act, live and behave? follow these same people through out the week and see where they go to church and watch their actions, lives and behavior at church..... or.... do the same in reverse........

you are correct, as we grow (assuming we grow) we do become more like Christ......

When we come to Christ, we become a NEW CREATURE.... a new creation...... we put away the old things and put on the new.....

we have only two positions in life...... we are either Growing or we are Dying.... staying in one place is the same as dying..... if we are not growing we are dying...... to keep from dying we must grow....

have you every wondered why people think that everyone that goes to church is a hypocrite???? could it be because a good many people that go to church act one way there and another way out? (reminds me of the lady in the song Mississippi Squirrel song (Sister Bertha Betterthenthou) over in the Hallelujah section..... did good until the squirrel "Somethings got a hold o' me" .....

no, I am not perfect, and the Lord deals with me on a continuing basis, and will continue to do so as long as I allow Him to (which I plan to the rest of the time I am here) as long as I do, and allow my toes toes to be stepped on, then I will be growing, once i no longer feel my toes being pressured then 1 of 3 things have happened....

one: I have become perfect....

two: I have grown numb to the pressure, no longer feel pain

or

three: The preacher is no longer preaching the hard message that Christ taught

first of number one will not happen on this earth.....

second, I must look at me, have I turned off the switch that allows me to know when I am no longer toeing the line....

third, if I have done a solid self check, then and only then, can I look outward.....

a week ago, I very much offended a couple people, and all i was doing was giving a testimony about myself that the Lord placed on my heart about me.....

I will not go into detail about the lives of these people, that is not what was intended, it was about how God was and is dealing with me.....

that testimony started out by me listening and singing along with the song "I am a Friend of God" while I was singing it, I started asking the question.....

AM I REALLY A FRIEND OF GOD???

DOES HE REALLY CALL ME FRIEND???

6 Things doth he hate..... .7 is an abomination.....

If you love ME, you WILL keep my commandments...... out of love, not duty or obligation ( as the Pharisees did, they kept them out of obligation, not love)

Am I really developing a Love/Love relationship with God? Am I doing what I can to do MY PART in the reconciliation with God? or am i just taking and not giving?????

if you would like to see the jist of the testimony Click here!

(hope the link thing works)

mike

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Hey,,,,, I DID IT.... lol.... got a click here to work....... yippppy.... there is still hope for me yet....

Guest HIS girl

Well you know Mike, I think of what Jesus said about the narrow and wide gate.

According to Jesus: "Go in through the narrow gate; for the gate that leads to destruction is wide and the road broad, and many travel it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few FIND it." Mattityahu 7 v 13/14 (Matthew) CJB

Do some folk give up because the 'road' is hard EG: too many sacrifices to make?

Maybe -

really, only God knows the heart of a man.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I think most Christians and most people in general have vices and may sometimes live a double life. Sin is hard to shake after you have made it a habbit for a long time. I tend to tell myself "stay the course" even if you mess up bounce back towards Christ and keep in with the race.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I think most Christians and most people in general have vices and may sometimes live a double life. Sin is hard to shake after you have made it a habbit for a long time. I tend to tell myself "stay the course" even if you mess up bounce back towards Christ and keep in with the race.

That's the only way to go. God knows we're imperfect; He's like an Olympic runner stopping and waiting for his out of shape, pokey friend to catch up. He has infinite patience. Otherwise, we would ALL be doomed.