• Days Won:  0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Sometimes ... you have to whistle in the dark, my friend... until the feeling of anxiety is gone...

Matthew 14:30-32

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

32And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down.

He is always there - sometimes we don't see or know it - but He is. I pray that the Lord will embrace and surround you and hold you close to His Heart. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

:laugh: Oak... I will teach you how to whistle... :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Edited by Miss Elly

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1987

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Oak, when I was reading your post the word "Doubt" jumped out at me. Then I looked at God's Word and found James chaper 1. There is so much in James that I ask that you pray and read it, concentrating on verse 5 and 6 especially. When we doubt we are allowing satan to take a foot hold on our faith. Ask God for wisdom so we can see life from God's point of view. Pray, pray and pray some more. God hears all our prayers, hold your head up as you are a precious child of God. Know that the Almighty God of the universe is on your side, fighting the battles that we can't even imagine fighting. God bless you. :laugh:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

... I know that we are to take our unfair misfortunes with good grace and yet sometimes misfortunes attack us when we truly deserve it. ...

Dear Oak -

That just doesn't sound right. Deserve?

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE has set us FREE from the Law of Sin and Death!"

We all have our trials and misfortunes to go through, and some do seem worse than others. But they aren't about punishment. They are about fires of refining.

No, I can't say why some of us have to go through the fires of infirmities. But the more we worship the Lord through our suffering, the easier it is to get through. But I have heard testimonies of how the Lord has used infirmities in people for His glory. So far the only things I can tell about my physical sufferings are that it has worked on perfecting my character some, increased my pain tolerance, and enabled me to share and minister with those who are likewise suffering.

Praying you are blessed at touched by the Father's love this night.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Oak :deadthread:

Doubt is such a terrible thing to struggle through. Let me share my favourite portion of scripture.

It was a time when Jesus had just finished teaching the multitudes about communion, and many were walking away. They misunderstood the doctrine, and more importantly, didn't recognise Jesus for who He was (and is).

Joh 6:66-69 MKJV From this time many of His disciples went back into the things behind, and walked no more with Him. 67 Then Jesus said to the Twelve, Do you also wish to go away? 68 Then Simon Peter answered Him,
Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the Words of eternal life. 69 And we have believed and have known that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Oak, to whom shall you go? Where else can you get eternal life? Jesus is, and still remains the Christ, the Son of the living God. Hang onto Him brother! You need not understand all the nuances at the moment, but know that He is God, and sup with Him.

Praying for you,

Andy

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

We have to remember, our life on earth in our earthly bodies is temporary.

Our earth is cursed and our bodies feel those repurcussions. But this, of course, is not the end. It is the beginning. The apostles and early Christians had so much faith in knowing upon death, they would see Christ again.

Matthew 10: 28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

It is reported that Peter encouraged his wife in martyrdom because it would send her quickly to heaven.

Think of any accounts wherein Christians have died and come back to earth. They didnt want to come back!

Study the way Stephen died.

Philipians 1

18Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.[d] 20I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

Our bodies are temporary, but our souls are eternal.

Have no fear, God is with you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

God dont get us out of situations, He takes us thru them. Jesus didnt come down off the cross. whatever comes your way it will only deepen your trust/faith/love for the Lord.

when i have doubt i meditate on the words above and i spend time with Him in prayer and reading his word.

faith comes from hearing The Word of God. spend time with him. confess to him your doubt and ask he takes it out of you and replaces it with faith.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I do agree reading the gospels will remove doubt.

Remember, these men were just regular guys who also, before the infilling of the Holy Spirit and witness of the resurrection, had their own doubts. After this, they were willing and eager to fulfil God's plan, whether it included pain,persecution, jail or death. You will be inspired.