ShieldFaith

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I was reading Genesis chapter 5 and toward the end it is talking about Noah's family. His father Lamech became father to other sons and daughters. (verse 30).

Now Noah was six hundred years old when he entered the ark with his sons and his wife and his sons' wives.

I was thinking about Noah's 'other' brothers and sisters...were they still alive? If so, Noah must have felt much sadness and sorrow when they wouldn't come into the ark with him and his family. He lost all his brothers and sisters in the flood.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Luke 12: 51-53

51, Suppose ye that I come to give peace on earth. I tell you, Nay, but rather division

52, For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

53, The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father, the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother, the mother in law against the daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

I'm sure Noah felt great sadness for all the people who refused to be obedient to the Lord. I know also, that the Lord would comfort Noah.

Remember, it took years to build the ark, it is not as if they all had to make a quick decision. I think this aspect is often overlooked.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure Noah felt great sadness for all the people who refused to be obedient to the Lord. I know also, that the Lord would comfort Noah.

Remember, it took years to build the ark, it is not as if they all had to make a quick decision. I think this aspect is often overlooked.

:)

Hunterpoet, Thank you for your reply. (This is my first topic so please excuse my clumsiness)

I know that it took many years to build the ark, just like it takes us many years to grow in Jesus Christ. I guess I was comparing Noah's loss to our losses now days. Many people now have lost all family, friends and acquaintances, but we have gained much more in Christ. It's still sad that Noah had not one brother or sister that came to know God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:emot-hug:

Hunterpoet, Thank you for your reply. (This is my first topic so please excuse my clumsiness)

I know that it took many years to build the ark, just like it takes us many years to grow in Jesus Christ. I guess I was comparing Noah's loss to our losses now days. Many people now have lost all family, friends and acquaintances, but we have gained much more in Christ. It's still sad that Noah had not one brother or sister that came to know God.

Shield, my mother was saved, my father was not. Did I feel sadness at one funeral, and joy at the other? Yes. The grief was there for both of course. But the sadness hurt the most.

Blessings to you and keep posting :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

:cool:

I see no clumsiness.

Yes, loss of family or friends is very painful. Especially, if we think they don't know the Lord. For myself, I cannot see another persons heart, so no matter how they conducted themselves or what I might want to think, I leave all decisions concerning eternity in the hands of God.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I was reading Genesis chapter 5 and toward the end it is talking about Noah's family. His father Lamech became father to other sons and daughters. (verse 30).

Now Noah was six hundred years old when he entered the ark with his sons and his wife and his sons' wives.

I was thinking about Noah's 'other' brothers and sisters...were they still alive? If so, Noah must have felt much sadness and sorrow when they wouldn't come into the ark with him and his family. He lost all his brothers and sisters in the flood.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

When attending a funeral of a friend or loved one that was not a christian, I find comfort in knowing that they are in the hands of a just God and it is up to Him for their soul's final destination and judgement. My father died and I am not 100% positive he went to heaven, though I like to believe he did. I don't feel grief about it (whether he went to heaven) because a week before he died he called me and asked me if cigarettes would keep him out of heaven. I told him that it would not. I felt God was dealing with him. God is good and he is merciful. Perhaps Noah's brothers and sisters called on God before they were destroyed by the flood, who knows? God gives us every chance, but we do reap what we sow. They would not go into the ark, but maybe they prayed before it was too late.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Remember how Noah got drunk after the flood? Ive often wondered if he got drunk because the events of the flood, the tragedy of the whole event just upset him in the long term. But I may just be viewing it through my eyes, which are tainted by post traumatic stress disorder from a family tragedy and imposing a feeling on Noah that he may not have had.

At any rate, Im sure the loss of all of humanity probably struck him as much if not more than the loss of his brothers.