• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

angels4u, can you show me with scripture why you believe in pre trib rapture? Just scripture! This is the problem I have with Pre trib Rapture, you can

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Thess 2 and I Corinthians 15:52 ARE written to gentiles- taking on this argument that G-d told one group of people one thing and another group of people something else.  I Thessalonians talks about what is going to happen before the coming of the Messiah AND the gathering up of His elect-sounds like the rapture.  Corinthians talks about gathering together at the LAST trumpet.  These are straight forward scriptures to gentiles.

In actuality these letters were both sent to the Church the believers in Christ. 1Corinthians 1: 1: Unto the church of God which is at Corinth,

1 thes: 1:1; Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Neb,

How about Rev. 3:10?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi!

For me, the scriptures involving Enoch and the armies of saints that follow Jesus at the Second Coming are one of the best cases for a pre-tribulational rapture. Enoch was raptured, or translated, before Noah's flood, which was the wrath of God on all the world at that time.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

How does God keep us from temptation? 1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

God will help us

I believe that the "hour of temptation" of Revelation 3:10 refers to the "strong delusion" into believing the "lie" of II Thessalonians 2:11, and that the "lie" is the Son of Perdition declaring that he is God (II Thessalonians 2:3-4). The Son of Perdition will have the "working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders" (II Thessalonians 2:9).

I believe that in II Thessalonians 2:7-8 we can see the Rapture, the Reign of the Antichrist, and the Second Coming as separate events [brackets added to illustrate]:

"For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out [Rapture] of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed [Reign of the Antichrist] , whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming. ["Second" coming , the wrath of Almighty God (Revelation 19:15), where the fowls are filled with the flesh of all men (Revelation 19:18,21), and their blood flows to the horse's bridle (Revelation 14:20) ] " II Thessalonians 2:7-8

(Edited by mcfly1960 at 10:49 pm on Mar. 5, 2002)

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189

You won me over Neb, I really can't see a Pre-trib rapture here either. I do see the protection though, pointed out to me via a good source. John 17:15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.

I also do not see the restrainer as the Holy Spirit. That would not make any sense as we all know many will be saved during the tribulation. And many will prophecy, and do miracles. This would not be possible without the aid of the Holy Spirit. I'm staying for the Tribulation. Yea!!! I say this because I am more afraid for the lost than for myself. Regardless of how I check out or live through this I at least know for sure where I'm going. Remember the story of the talents. I want to multiply mine ten fold for the glory of God and what a better opportunity than this. This isn't about me it's about God. May all glory and praise be his, and may I do his will always.

Love in Christ

Teri

Quote: from Teri Mc on 9:15 pm on Mar. 6, 2002

I also do not see the restrainer as the Holy Spirit. That would not make any sense as we all know many will be saved during the tribulation. And many will prophecy, and do miracles.

Hi Teri,

I was wondering who you thought the restrainer was, if not the Holy Spirit?

Do we know for sure that many will be saved during the tribulation?  Wouldn't this contradict God sending "strong delusion that they should believe a lie" (II Thessalonians 2:11 KJV)?  

And who will prophesy and do miracles? Is more prophecy needed after Revelation and the Bible? Aren't we told that it is the antichrist who will have the "working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders".