• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

hi,

I became a christian(recommitted) three years back. I had a lot of emotional issues because of my disobedience till now, but now it is nearly all gone.

So God is going to come back. What do I do till then?

I read the Bible as much as I can.

What else should I do?

Please give me specific answers. Don't tell me to be good or be God's child. How do I be all that?

Also more importantly, should I wait upon the Lord till then. Please say,"Yes you HAVE TO wait upon the Lord till He comes" or "no, you needn't". Any supporting verses would be useful.

Thankyou for your time.

God Bless You.

P.S.:In case you think this is a silly or even an impudent question, I come from a Hindu family from India. I live with people who'll chuck me out if they get to know I believe in Christ. So I do not exactly have a role model to follow. I've no idea what to do as a christian. Please guide me. Please pray that my family be saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

i wouldn't worry too much about "the Lord coming."

He may come tomorrow or in 100 years.

Live life, enjoy it, surround yourself with positive people and keep up with your bible studies. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Hi,

The apostle Peter had some good words to say about the second coming of the Lord.

1 Peter 4:7-11 (New International Version)

7The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. 8Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 11If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

2 Peter 3:10-17 (New International Version)

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.[a]

11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

14So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

Spend time with God and meditate on God's word and you will know what to do. Let the Holy Spirit guide you.

Blessings...South

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Acts 1

6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7 And He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." 9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

12 Then they returned to Jerusalem...

~~~

We don't know when the Lord will return. So what we need to do is carry on with out lives.

But as far as living a Christian life, read the Bible, pray, worship the Lord, ask Him to speak to you and wait for an answer, give to the poor, preach the Gospel if/when you can, attend a church if one is available, stuff like that.

Work with that for starters.

Prayers and blessings

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

All of the above, but summarized into the core of what to do?

Love, thats it, thats all you have to do. Love Him, love others like He tells us we should.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Yes love and trust in Him.

Seek out other Christians to worship with and who will support you also.

There are details in scripture about how to live on a day to day basis. But you ask a GOOD question keep asking this question of other Christians, of Jesus and of scripture. God gave us life and gave us this world to enjoy in the proper way.

CS Lewis also has some great books about how to live a day to day Christian life.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Not the C.S. Lewis who posts on this site, thought. :emot-dance::clap:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Pray and believe in Him.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Play with legos.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

Play with legos.

YOu can spread His words to other people who needs Jesus Christ, and Do what is right that is right in God's eyes.

DC