IGNORED

can someone be christian and a darwinist?

Sir Gareth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I just couldn't imagine that God would reject someone from heaven if their only fault is believing in evolution. It may be misguided, but it does not affect one's salvation.

In order to accept that you are descended from apes, you pretty much have to reject the Bible. Because if you reject Genesis and the Creation, you can't believe any of it.

Now now, MG .... evolutionist throw out creationism; homosexual throws out sinful lust and biblical marriage; Scientology throws out God all together; JW's throw out the divinity of Christ; Mormons throw out heaven and Christ; Universalism throw out condemnation for sin ... Where is your PC face here? :laugh:

I'm wearing it, see? :emot-crying: ....and "P.C." stands for "Praying Christian" in my house. :blink:

Evolution of man from apes is not contradictory of Genesis - we are made in Gods image because we have a soul not our flesh.

If that is true (being decendents of apes), then apes would have souls and would need to be saved too.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

On this forum there is alot of discussion about darwinism, and i am not ashamed to say that i do not believe it and will continue to debate against it.

But, does being a christian mean you can't at all accept darwinism? Should we say all that do not accept christian creationism are not truly saved?

That depends on wether saving faith is just a mental assent to the teachings of Christ and the bible, which even the devil believes and trembles, or if it is faith that produces repentance from dead works and seeking of truth through the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

No because God breathed the soul into the first man

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I just couldn't imagine that God would reject someone from heaven if their only fault is believing in evolution. It may be misguided, but it does not affect one's salvation.

In order to accept that you are descended from apes, you pretty much have to reject the Bible. Because if you reject Genesis and the Creation, you can't believe any of it.

Now now, MG .... evolutionist throw out creationism; homosexual throws out sinful lust and biblical marriage; Scientology throws out God all together; JW's throw out the divinity of Christ; Mormons throw out heaven and Christ; Universalism throw out condemnation for sin ... Where is your PC face here? :laugh:

I'm wearing it, see? :emot-crying: ....and "P.C." stands for "Praying Christian" in my house. :blink:

Evolution of man from apes is not contradictory of Genesis - we are made in Gods image because we have a soul not our flesh.

If that is true (being decendents of apes), then apes would have souls and would need to be saved too.

Not necessarily. There are different types of apes. Perhaps we were the type of ape that ate the forbidden fruit.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

There certainly is no contradiction to Micro-evolution in the scripture: which is of course the small changes that that occur in species over time.

But Macro-evolution which insists that man descended from a common ancestor, when the Bible clearly teaches that God made man from the dust of the earth is a clear contraction of the Bible.

If a Christian continues to preach this even after shown ample evidence then by definition he/she is a heretic

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

No because God breathed the soul into the first man

So what you are saying is, that when God created man, He created man physically to look like an ape, but the God part of us is our souls, do I get this right?

The problem with this is that Genesis makes it clear, that all descends (us) that came forth from all the animals including the first man,(Adam) came after their kind.

this tells us that we look like Adam, and Adam looked like us.

Also Evolutionists usually claim that the earlier primates did not have much in common with us. For example: they didn't know how to talk, and they didn't know how to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. but what does the Bible say;

But as we see in Genesis chapter 3 Eve, and the serpent were actually having a conversation, and Adam and Eve were conversing. Cain and Able knew about agriculture, and

abel tended sheep, probably for meat, and clothes.

Indeed I see very little in common with the Evolutionists ideal of what our ancestors was like when I read scripture, and see that they had much more in common with us.

sure they may have not had cars, and space shuttles; but it's close enough.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Now now, MG .... evolutionist throw out creationism; homosexual throws out sinful lust and biblical marriage; Scientology throws out God all together; JW's throw out the divinity of Christ; Mormons throw out heaven and Christ; Universalism throw out condemnation for sin ... Where is your PC face here? :taped:

I'm wearing it, see? :D ....and "P.C." stands for "Praying Christian" in my house. :cool:

Show me Scripture to back up your claim and I'll agree with you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

I guess (personally) I think that believing in evolution is contrary to scripture, and undermines the authority of God's word.

But I don't believe that someone who believes in evolution can't be a Christian.

I think that some people haven't thought about it enough... Others may have several other reasons. I wouldn't want to judge one's soul based on thier believe of evolution, but rather on their repentance, faith in Christ and the fruit which they produce.

I think it's extremely risky though. It tends to lead (from my experience) to undermining the authority of scripture as a whole and the innerancy of it. Definately scary stuff!

Just my thoughts...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

Now now, MG .... evolutionist throw out creationism; homosexual throws out sinful lust and biblical marriage; Scientology throws out God all together; JW's throw out the divinity of Christ; Mormons throw out heaven and Christ; Universalism throw out condemnation for sin ... Where is your PC face here? :taped:

I'm wearing it, see? :D ....and "P.C." stands for "Praying Christian" in my house. :cool:

If our soul evolved from slime then how can you make that point? How can you claim that is made in His image?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

The soul did not evolve. The point of Genesis is not to teach science but be a polemic against near east religion through use of metaphor symbolism , prophetic foreshadowing and poetry. When we take things out of historical context and apply them to modern thought without thinking about to whom this book or letter was written and what the purpose of this book was then we run the risk of being very wrong.

Literalism is not an effective way to extract meaning from the Bible. Both the diatribes of Dawkins and the sophistry of biblical literalism needs addressing. Both lead people astray.