arunangelo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I agree with that pastor. If you really want to make it right, you separate and be celibate for a time of consecration to the Lord.

This would allow you both an opportunity to hear from the Lord about such a momentous decision

I do not agree with that pastor. He never even gave us the option of celibacy. He flat out denied us marriage.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that pastor. If you really want to make it right, you separate and be celibate for a time of consecration to the Lord.

This would allow you both an opportunity to hear from the Lord about such a momentous decision

I do not agree with that pastor. He never even gave us the option of celibacy. He flat out denied us marriage.

Thank God for men who still have conviction. Had you listened to him, it would have prevented the situation you are currently in.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thank God for men who still have conviction. Had you listened to him, it would have prevented the situation you are currently in.

What are you saying?

Its not my intention to use scripture incorrectly and my motives are pure, its just that i have observed both sides of the arguement for many years now and have many around me who also are personally affected by it, and only recently i have found strong proof that many are being misled by incorrect interpereting of scripture.

If I am in error i too ask your forgiveness. I am only posting according to my conscience and as i would want my neighbour to do unto me.

anitarose, sorry if i'm stepping all over your right to speak for yourself.

jcisd, if you are asking for my forgiveness as well, then i will forgive you. because you are in error. it is not YOUR JOB to do the work of the Holy Spirit. you have presented your position based on your understanding of scripture. that is all you are required to do. the rest is up to God.

it's safe to say that anita and i both disagree with your analysis. why? not because of we see what we want to see, but because God has revealed to us what His plan for our lives is, and has revealed His compassion, His grace, and where necessary, even His forgiveness. and that is far more important and compelling than your "proofs" that aren't even your own, but come from some guy who wrote an article that sounds good to you. you are trying to force that view upon us that you are right and we are wrong so help you God. at the same time, you're asking for anyone to show you evidence of where the author is wrong. problem is, we can't possibly show you evidence because you reject anything anyone else says. that is called arrogance. in your opinion, you are right, and if God has spoken to us in a manner that contradicts what you believe is right, then surely we must have mistaken satan's voice for God's....

so yes, i'll forgive you, because you are in error. you've done what you were supposed to do, all that you are required to do, long, long ago. now, if you think you are so right, then get out of God's way and let Him do the rest.... EVEN if you think He is doing it wrong, or too slowly, or whatever. when you have done all that is required, and then continue to push, push, push because you believe that you are somehow more "enlightened" than us, then you are offending God.

so now that i've forgiven you, perhaps you should ask for His forgiveness as well.

Yes i am asking for forgiveness in advance. I have always admitted i could be wrong.

I find it very strange you say with such certainty that I am in Gods way, and that your voice should heard over mine ?.

Can anyone show where i have disrespected anyone or their right of opinion in my entire time on worthy ?

first of all, i never said that my voice should be heard over yours. (your inability to comprehend what i was saying says a lot about why you are so confused on the issue of divorce/remarriage.) what i am saying, and i hope this is clear enough for you this time, is that once a person has provided someone with the truth, it is no longer that person's job to stand there and brow-beat them into submission. you keep beating this same drum over and over and IF (that's rhetorical, by the way) what you spoke was the truth of God, then by harping continually on someone about how wrong and sinful they are, you're arrogantly assuming that YOU can do God's work better than HE can. and that offends God. He doesn't need your "help".

if YOU think you and rick are the only two people that God has revealed this enlightened version of scripture, or whatever the heck it is you think you're doing, then SCRIPTURALLY, you are to present the "truth" and let God do the rest. you seem to think that it is your job to convince all of us here that our salvation is in jeopardy.

and by the way, rick is incorrect. you are incorrect. this has been pointed out to you many times, and you reject any scripture that proves the error.

i wonder why the mods are allowing you to continue your parade, actually. you have been insincere about your motives. you have an agenda. you keep saying that this is something that if you are wrong you would like to learn otherwise, but you have no desire to learn the truth. it is, and i hesitate to say this because it may be in violation of the ToS, but it is a lie (to say you are here to learn), plain and simple. your agenda is to condemn anyone here who has been divorced or who has been remarried. condemnation comes from satan, not of God, and i'm calling it like i see it.

now, if any of the staff thinks i'm out of line and wants to remove or edit my post, i'll accept that admonishment... there's no need to notify me of your actions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Its not my intention to use scripture incorrectly and my motives are pure, its just that i have observed both sides of the arguement for many years now and have many around me who also are personally affected by it, and only recently i have found strong proof that many are being misled by incorrect interpereting of scripture.

If I am in error i too ask your forgiveness. I am only posting according to my conscience and as i would want my neighbour to do unto me.

anitarose, sorry if i'm stepping all over your right to speak for yourself.

jcisd, if you are asking for my forgiveness as well, then i will forgive you. because you are in error. it is not YOUR JOB to do the work of the Holy Spirit. you have presented your position based on your understanding of scripture. that is all you are required to do. the rest is up to God.

it's safe to say that anita and i both disagree with your analysis. why? not because of we see what we want to see, but because God has revealed to us what His plan for our lives is, and has revealed His compassion, His grace, and where necessary, even His forgiveness. and that is far more important and compelling than your "proofs" that aren't even your own, but come from some guy who wrote an article that sounds good to you. you are trying to force that view upon us that you are right and we are wrong so help you God. at the same time, you're asking for anyone to show you evidence of where the author is wrong. problem is, we can't possibly show you evidence because you reject anything anyone else says. that is called arrogance. in your opinion, you are right, and if God has spoken to us in a manner that contradicts what you believe is right, then surely we must have mistaken satan's voice for God's....

so yes, i'll forgive you, because you are in error. you've done what you were supposed to do, all that you are required to do, long, long ago. now, if you think you are so right, then get out of God's way and let Him do the rest.... EVEN if you think He is doing it wrong, or too slowly, or whatever. when you have done all that is required, and then continue to push, push, push because you believe that you are somehow more "enlightened" than us, then you are offending God.

so now that i've forgiven you, perhaps you should ask for His forgiveness as well.

Yes i am asking for forgiveness in advance. I have always admitted i could be wrong.

I find it very strange you say with such certainty that I am in Gods way, and that your voice should heard over mine ?.

Can anyone show where i have disrespected anyone or their right of opinion in my entire time on worthy ?

first of all, i never said that my voice should be heard over yours. (your inability to comprehend what i was saying says a lot about why you are so confused on the issue of divorce/remarriage.) what i am saying, and i hope this is clear enough for you this time, is that once a person has provided someone with the truth, it is no longer that person's job to stand there and brow-beat them into submission. you keep beating this same drum over and over and IF (that's rhetorical, by the way) what you spoke was the truth of God, then by harping continually on someone about how wrong and sinful they are, you're arrogantly assuming that YOU can do God's work better than HE can. and that offends God. He doesn't need your "help".

if YOU think you and rick are the only two people that God has revealed this enlightened version of scripture, or whatever the heck it is you think you're doing, then SCRIPTURALLY, you are to present the "truth" and let God do the rest. you seem to think that it is your job to convince all of us here that our salvation is in jeopardy.

and by the way, rick is incorrect. you are incorrect. this has been pointed out to you many times, and you reject any scripture that proves the error.

i wonder why the mods are allowing you to continue your parade, actually. you have been insincere about your motives. you have an agenda. you keep saying that this is something that if you are wrong you would like to learn otherwise, but you have no desire to learn the truth. it is, and i hesitate to say this because it may be in violation of the ToS, but it is a lie (to say you are here to learn), plain and simple. your agenda is to condemn anyone here who has been divorced or who has been remarried. condemnation comes from satan, not of God, and i'm calling it like i see it.

now, if any of the staff thinks i'm out of line and wants to remove or edit my post, i'll accept that admonishment... there's no need to notify me of your actions.

LadyC im sorry that you find this topic so offensive. It is not true that i am brow beating anyone, my thoughts on divorce have been evolving since i started here. When i began here i was ok with divorce based on the common understanding of scripture, but then i came accross the Hosea Project and brought their proofs to topics as i thought they were true. Then one poster had me convinced they were wrong and i publicly recanted here on Worthy.

I post here on Worthy to get the thoughts of worldwide christians, and because i find very few christians in my circles who care to look into this subject.

Its just simply not true that I have an agenda, but I think I have a right to post and let others decide for themselves? The attitudes towards me by those against the opposite veiw have been quite uncalled for in my opinnion, but i forgive all and post here in love seeking only to post according to honestly held belief. Can i say i think your right if i honestly dont think you are?

Im not sure why you feel compelled to be the defender of prodivorce or why you think I should keep quiet,(You said I should get out of Gods way and ask for His forgiveness), if this subject distresses you so much you could stop reading it or posting. Are others not able to judge for themselves?

There is no statement that your position is the position of Worthy Forums or that it must not be challenged.

Peace and grace to you,

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

I, personally, do not go to a church (building/service) that I do not get my toes stepped on from time to time.... most people avoid those types of church services, why? cause they are too judgmental.... that is what helps me keep on track...... JUDGMENT!

I went to a church once where the pastor refused to marry my husband and I because we were living together. We both knew it was wrong and wanted to make the situation right with God. That pastor denied us marriage. Now that just isn't right. Of course that is going to turn people away.

That is unfortunate. As far as GOD is concerned, you were married. You were just asking a church to make it good in men's eyes.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

I, personally, do not go to a church (building/service) that I do not get my toes stepped on from time to time.... most people avoid those types of church services, why? cause they are too judgmental.... that is what helps me keep on track...... JUDGMENT!

I went to a church once where the pastor refused to marry my husband and I because we were living together. We both knew it was wrong and wanted to make the situation right with God. That pastor denied us marriage. Now that just isn't right. Of course that is going to turn people away.

That is unfortunate. As far as GOD is concerned, you were married. You were just asking a church to make it good in men's eyes.

Hi Kross, are you saying sex = marriage ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

Alot of times in the bible sex does equal marriage.

But that is because the person you are having sex with is supposed to be your only spouse. The whole idea of wedding ceremonies came later.

Jesus himself refers to the samaritan by the well as having many husbands, showing, in my oppnion anyway, that sex and marriage are supposed to be exclusive to each other, the person you have sex with is supposed to be your spouse.

Of course I also believe we should respect the word of God when it tells us to respect authority placed over us, and our current authorities give us very detailed marriage laws weare to follow, none of which violate God's word. (at least as far as regular different sex marriages go.)

i don't find the topic offensive at all JCISD... that's just another attempt by you to twist things and make others look bad.

what i find offensive, and rightfully so, is your methods, your agenda, and your distortion of scripture.