JIME

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Wouldn't want those mean ol' Christians doing that would you, Lurker? :rolleyes:

No, I wouldn't. If unbelievers see that Christians can't be trusted to accurately describe the life of someone who lived a hundred years ago why on earth should they trust Christians to accurately describe the life of someone who lived 2,000 years ago?

Lurker

That's beyond the realm of lame, Lurker...... :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's beyond the realm of lame, Lurker...... :laugh:

What? That Christians try to attack a scientific theory by lying about the educational background of it's original proponent? I agree - that is the very definition of lame. Don't be a parrot for the ignorance of others. Christians don't do themselves any favors by repeating this garbage.

Lurker

No; don't try to spin what I said. I said YOUR explanation was lame and that isn't changing. I don't parrot anyone, buddy; I think for myself and you just don't understand Christians. I guess I'll do my own research into Darwin's background and education but, right off the top of my head, I recall that he was NOT a scientist but a botanist or something like that. I'll get back to you on that; in the meantime, it is what it is and it's not going to be something else. :rolleyes:

No; don't try to spin what I said. I said YOUR explanation was lame and that isn't changing.

You are entitled to your opinion, for my part I hold Christians to a higher standard of accuracy than non-believers.

you just don't understand Christians.

Sometimes no, I don't.

I guess I'll do my own research into Darwin's background and education but, right off the top of my head, I recall that he was NOT a scientist but a botanist or something like that.

A botanist is a scientist who studies plants.

I'll get back to you on that; in the meantime, it is what it is and it's not going to be something else. :rolleyes:

If you had a point in the above remark it got lost.

Observation without application is useless,

Lurker

Let me tell you what is useless. It's endless posting about the same subject day in and day out without actually saying anything. That, Lurker, is the epitome of useless. :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

:emot-hug:

Scientific Evidence

What is it? Why is it important?

What is it?

“Scientific evidence” is something that furnishes proof of the nature of a phenomenon based on exercising the scientific method.

Your source was sloppy with their terminology. Science simply doesn't "prove" things, it gathers evidence and proposes theories to explain them but those theories are always considered open ended and subject to change.

"If a good scientist says that a theory has been proved, then he's speaking informally. Mathematics deals in proof, but scientific theories are not proved. Ever.

"(It is sometimes claimed that the "laws" of thermodynamics are proved. That is a partial truth. The mathematical part of the "laws" is indeed mathematically proved. The science part is not.)

"The basic credo is that all scientific knowledge is tentative. Nothing is so firmly known that it cannot, in principle, be overthrown by new evidence."

Lurker

Well all I can do to this response is reply using the words of Mythbusters Adam Savage "I reject your reality and substitue my own" :thumbsup:

When you want to actually dicuss this topic in a mature way. I'll take you seriously. Your childish rejection of an approved Secular High School/College science definition shows that you are not willing to admit you are wrong.

Please study up on the latest Bilological (again it is secular scientists here not Christian) discoveries of Finches on the Galapogoes Islands which of course discredits Darwins original hypotheses and of course part of the work he used to put forward Evolution.

A taxidermist does not a biologist make or I would be able to be a Vet (I'm a farm girl who has killed and gutted the odd farm animal in my life time) based on your arguement.

Like I said when you are able to discuss maturely and take on board secular evidence to the contrary of your argument. I would love to take this further but while you play "I reject your reality and substitute my own" this is not a dicussion or debate but childish twoddle.

I am certainly not trying to convert you to my Christian viewpoint but help you see the truth about Evolutions flaws, because I am quite aware that....

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

MelC

Edited by MelodyCat

.... though at the moment in this thread I'm just trying to make sure that Christians aren't trying to attack evolution using lies about the life of Charles Darwin ....

Well

There You Go

Faith Without Application Is Empty

And Those Pesky Bible Believing Folk Do

Seem To Pop Up All Over Worthy Ministries

Defending The Power Of Jesus The Christ

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 1:20

While Decrying The Lies Of The Evolution Religion

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:8

And Praising God For The Origin Of Everything

To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Isaiah 40:25-28

And For The Light Of The WORD

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:1-5

Whose Holy Blood Cleanses

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Revelation 1:5

And Saves The Believer

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:45

From Sin And Death

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:23

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 1:25-26

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.

And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

John 11:39-44

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

i've read everything that's been posted, i dare say i'll probably reread after posting this, because i just can't see why we are trying to run circles around each other.

Do you want to discuss the creation of man, the existence of God, or are we just trying to prove we are smarter than the other?

whichever i'm listening and happy to talk :emot-crying:

I'm open to discussing any of the above topics though at the moment in this thread I'm just trying to make sure that Christians aren't trying to attack evolution using lies about the life of Charles Darwin.

Lurker

okay then where do we start?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

When you want to actually dicuss this topic in a mature way. I'll take you seriously. Your childish rejection of an approved Secular High School/College science definition shows that you are not willing to admit you are wrong.

Repeating an error doesn't make it right. Again, science simply does claim to "prove" things it merely a process used to gather evidence and create theories to explain observations. Please keep in mind that terms like "proof" have very specific meanings in science, so you need to be careful about how you use them in this context. We usually use the term "proof" to refer to a mathematical concept of proof which insists something is true in every case.

"In mathematics, a proof is a convincing demonstration (within the accepted standards of the field) that some mathematical statement is necessarily true[1][2]. Proofs are obtained from deductive reasoning, rather than from inductive or empirical arguments. That is, a proof must demonstrate that a statement is true in all cases, without a single exception. An unproved proposition that is believed to be true is known as a conjecture."

If, however, you are using "proof" in a more colloquial sense of a conclusion based on evidence then there is no problem. Again, you need to keep in mind that science, as with all professions, attaches very specific meanings to it's terms so you need to be cautious in using those terms. Technically science does not "prove" things, it is simply a tool to gather evidence in which we leave all conclusions open ended.

Please study up on the latest Bilological (again it is secular scientists here not Christian) discoveries of Finches on the Galapogoes Islands which of course discredits Darwins original hypotheses and of course part of the work he used to put forward Evolution.

You are either misunderstanding those studies or someone has misunderstood them for you. If you have something specific in mind I suggest your present it.

I am certainly not trying to convert you to my Christian viewpoint but help you see the truth about Evolutions flaws, because I am quite aware that....

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

It would certainly be a waste of time trying to convert me seeing as I already am a Christian.

Observation without application is useless,

Lurker

:laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Ya know, I think that the reason that they hang around is because they get a rise out of us. Some mock us, because deep down they know they are lost; they know that what we preach is the truth and that they are fools.

We are so keen on defending the faith and greatly desire to show these people the truth and open them up to the Holy Spirit. We can be proud that we care enough about their lost souls to endure the "stuff" that they peddle. I have found that I can only tolerate them for so long, it hurts my soul to know that their time is running out and that if they don't acknowledge what they know deep down is the truth, that they are doomed. And they know it. That is why they laugh.

Anyway, I have mostly grown to ignore them and not subscribe to any of their threads or pay attention to the areas that they post, such as this forum. Or I say my peace, tell them the hard truth, and then leave them to the Holy Spirit, whose job it is to convict them to salvation. We can do no greater thing.

say your wrong and walk away? i've met very few people who know they're lost. i'm not bashing you or quistioning your intentions just confused

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Ya know, I think that the reason that they hang around is because they get a rise out of us. Some mock us, because deep down they know they are lost; they know that what we preach is the truth and that they are fools.

We are so keen on defending the faith and greatly desire to show these people the truth and open them up to the Holy Spirit. We can be proud that we care enough about their lost souls to endure the "stuff" that they peddle. I have found that I can only tolerate them for so long, it hurts my soul to know that their time is running out and that if they don't acknowledge what they know deep down is the truth, that they are doomed. And they know it. That is why they laugh.

Anyway, I have mostly grown to ignore them and not subscribe to any of their threads or pay attention to the areas that they post, such as this forum. Or I say my peace, tell them the hard truth, and then leave them to the Holy Spirit, whose job it is to convict them to salvation. We can do no greater thing.

say your wrong and walk away? i've met very few people who know they're lost. i'm not bashing you or quistioning your intentions just confused

Not that you are wrong, but walk away yes. Jesus told us to.

Mat 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.

The ignore button is a wonderful addition to the boards.

Not that you are wrong, but walk away yes. Jesus told us to.

Mat 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.

The ignore button is a wonderful addition to the boards.

I think we should TRY to reach those who need God but enduring mocking of Him? No, that I personally will not do. At that point I take my pearls up and replace them with brick bats. And I do SO love the 'ignore' feature. :rolleyes: