• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I wonder if time travel is possible? We see times in scripture such Daniel, and John. I believe that it is possible though I dont know how. If I did I wouldnt be working in a factory. Anyway my theory is that God is outside of time and space. We in are universe are trapped within time, God knows the beggining from the end. If this is true there must be some way to to travel back and fourth, on a timeline. God is above this timeline, but in certain points in history the furture has been revealed and those revelation and prophecies have and will come to past. I dont think that we humans will ever be able to travel in time like many things God would probably not allow it, but I do think that if God allowed man to, we could. Does the past ever realy go away and the bible shows us that the future is already written.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Time is unidirectional. It is not a line, a spatial analogy. The potential future becomes the fixed past through the present. God experiences endless time (Psalm 90:2; Ps. 102:27; Rev. 1:8), not 'eternal now' simultaneity (Platonic, philosophical concept). Time is not a limitation for Him. Time travel is an absurdity, even for God. It is sci-fi, not Scriptural nor logical.

A vision of the future is not the same thing as the future actually existing. It is not there yet in reality to see or know.

For a good intro on the various views of God and time/eternity:

http://www.amazon.com/God-Time-Gregory-E-G...e/dp/0830815511

I believe N. Wolterstorff is closest to the truth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

I wonder if time travel is possible? We see times in scripture such Daniel, and John. I believe that it is possible though I dont know how. If I did I wouldnt be working in a factory. Anyway my theory is that God is outside of time and space. We in are universe are trapped within time, God knows the beggining from the end. If this is true there must be some way to to travel back and fourth, on a timeline. God is above this timeline, but in certain points in history the furture has been revealed and those revelation and prophecies have and will come to past. I dont think that we humans will ever be able to travel in time like many things God would probably not allow it, but I do think that if God allowed man to, we could. Does the past ever realy go away and the bible shows us that the future is already written.

God is in time (past, present, future) and space. He is EVERYWHERE. The term OmniPresent comes to mind. He is the only one who can travel through time and it is only with Him that anyone else can travel in time if He wants them to. :thumbsup:

God is in time (past, present, future) and space. He is EVERYWHERE. The term OmniPresent comes to mind. He is the only one who can travel through time and it is only with Him that anyone else can travel in time if He wants them to. :thumbsup:

Time is not a place nor space that God can be 'in'. The future does not exist. The past no longer exists. Only the present is actual/real. Omnipresence is a different issue. God is aware of all reality. The future is not a reality to be aware of until it is actualized. God knows the past in memory. He knows all the present reality everywhere. The future is not like the past or present and does not exist to be known or experienced like the present is. Omnipresence relates to space. Time is not a spatial reality, just the concept of duration/succession/sequence. As a personal being who thinks, acts, feels, God experienced endless duration in His triune relations. If God experiences all time at once, then Jesus could die before He is born, creation is co-eternal with God, we are making choices before we even exist, Jesus is still on the cross, etc. All this is absurd. The classical, traditional 'eternal now' view is Platonic-Augustinian, not biblical (Scripture portrays that God has a history, His Story, experiencing unfolding chronology in the historical narratives, not incoherent, speculative, Einsteinian timeless or 4th dimension theories).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I believe that time has great relevance .... a 30 minute trip to the pediatrician with two sick kids in the backseat screaming and crying can seem like 40 hours....

A 1 hour trip to the airport to see a loved one off for maybe the last time can take seconds... the time just evaporates and you are at the gate trying not to sob.

:emot-highfive:

I believe that time has great relevance .... a 30 minute trip to the pediatrician with two sick kids in the backseat screaming and crying can seem like 40 hours....

A 1 hour trip to the airport to see a loved one off for maybe the last time can take seconds... the time just evaporates and you are at the gate trying not to sob.

:39:

The subjective perception of time should not be confused with the objective reality of time. A thousand years is as a day for the Lord (simile) is about perception and relative experience, not a scientific statement. Time is endless, a concept like love, not a literal, created thing. Our unique measures of time (sun, moon, stars) had a beginning, but duration did not (nor will it cease in the future; several verses in Revelation have time in eternity...half hour, etc.).

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

:39:

The subjective perception of time should not be confused with the objective reality of time. A thousand years is as a day for the Lord (simile) is about perception and relative experience, not a scientific statement. Time is endless, a concept like love, not a literal, created thing. Our unique measures of time (sun, moon, stars) had a beginning, but duration did not (nor will it cease in the future; several verses in Revelation have time in eternity...half hour, etc.).

No kidding? :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

as Time existe, more for man then for God..... Yes and No.... ( yes, but not as we might think time travel would be as mans knows time)

I believe it was in the 1940's (not exactly sure at this moment) there was an experiment on going in the Phillidelphia ship yard (my grandfather was a shipfitter/builder.) with a certain US Navy ship ( sorry, can not recall the name or hull number) whioh they were under going some radar masking testing (hiding from radar, like in a cloaking device).

the ship, and it's entire crew disappeared from physical view of the people that were watching from the banks, and there are (were) supposidly witnesses that saw a ship appear and then disappear into and out of the waterways of Norfolk Va. the ship is said to have been the same ship. sorry, the only ones that might be able to say they saw it in both places would be those that were on board, being they were the only ones that were in both places... when it disappeared in Norfolk area, it reappeared in the Philli area......

how true? dont really know, I was too young when my grandfather passed away, I saw him before going to England, and that was the last time I saw him (1961) I have not come across any others that were involved in this test......

it was supposidly witnessed that some of the men aboard did not survive, some were caught between decks (like in half their bodies in one compartment and the other half in another compartment through a steel bulkhead) some were said to have lost their minds, and either institutionalized or hospitalized.

now that I would not really claim to be time travel, Time travel, would be more like Christ appearing before some one here.... or ..... as with God, He is in all places at all times, knowing all things..... I believe that once we get to the next life, there will be no time.... I have always said that time is man made....

mike

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Manhattan project.

The trouble with that is there's no way to tell what is fact versus what is fiction in the telling of the tale. (Or if there is a way to tell, I have no idea what it is.)

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

The Manhattan project.

The trouble with that is there's no way to tell what is fact versus what is fiction in the telling of the tale. (Or if there is a way to tell, I have no idea what it is.)

that is true..... I recall grandpa talking about it, I remember my father talking about it, and then also read the book, then also the different films about it..... I can not tell you what grandpa or my father told me or what came from other sources.....

like during Desert Storm, I worked in a very highly classified area, and the stuff I was seeing was, well, T.S. EYES ONLY, and such like that... then I would get home and see the same thing on TV, or alot of the same stuff.... we were told the best way to keep from slipping something that was not on TV or radio, was to simply not talk about it at all, cause after a while, it gets all jumbled up.....

so, the same thing with the Phillidelphia experiment (manhattan project was a nuclear thing.... if I remember correctly, and that also is one of those, what part is fiction and what part is not....)

anyways, not to be hi-jacking the thread....

now we return you to your regularly scheduled program...................

mike