• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The news here is saying that he was about to be deployed to Iraq. His family is quoted as saying that it was his worst nightmare, and there had been "some abuse".

When I was in the army you went where they sent you to dodge bullets.

I had no choice, I was conscripted.

But surely if you join as your own choice you have to understand that that is what armed forces do? Deploy? And your personal feelings don't actually matter, they can't, otherwise where would we be?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

The news here is saying that he was about to be deployed to Iraq. His family is quoted as saying that it was his worst nightmare, and there had been "some abuse".

Blessings, Fez

I think what you are hearing about "some abuse" is spin. The shooter was a superior officer. Superior officers don't get abused by those under him without reprimand.

Nikki

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

:blink: Ummm . . . yeah, expression . . . "flip" goes with something else we shall not mention here.

OK, getting back on topic. . . .

Wow I am still really shocked that one shooter shot and killed 12 and wounded 30 with two handguns.

An experienced shooter can empty a 15 round clip in a semi-automatic in seven or eight seconds. He could empty two clips before people had time to react.

fierce. And sad...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Blessings, Fez

I think what you are hearing about "some abuse" is spin. The shooter was a superior officer. Superior officers don't get abused by those under him without reprimand.

Nikki

Probably. You can't believe half of what you hear on the news anyway, and the family is also possibly searching for reasons as to why he would have done this.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

12 Dead, 31 Wounded in Shooting at Fort Hood in Texas

Thursday, November 05, 2009

A shooting rampage Thursday afternoon at the Army's Fort Hood in Texas killed 11 and wounded 31 before the gunman was killed and two suspects taken into custody.

All three of the people believed to have carried out the shooting were soldiers, Lt. General Bob Cone told reporters Thursday evening, though the motive remains unclear.

AP cites an unnamed source saying the gunman was Major Malik Nadal Hasan, though authorities have not publicly identified him.

Read the rest here

:laugh::blink:

When is our self blinded government ever going to wake up to the fact that Muslims simply can not ever be trusted? This is not the first time a Muslim in our armed services has gone out and used our own weapons to murder our own.

Totally agree.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

There are also literally hundreds (thousands maybe?) of muslim soldiers who have deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 8 years or so who have conducted themselves honorably and served the US with distinction right along side everyone else.

Let's not lose sight of that fact while we continue to search for answers. :blink:

t.

There are also literally hundreds (thousands maybe?) of muslim soldiers who have deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 8 years or so who have conducted themselves honorably and served the US with distinction right along side everyone else.

Let's not lose sight of that fact while we continue to search for answers. :blink:

t.

I guess you have a point but it's just hard to remember that when something like this happens. :laugh:

Hey, Captaine Congenial, I read you. :laugh: So then, in admittedly knowing the Islamic Qur'an & the Hadiths, you have surely come to grips with its violent tenets imposed on all Muslims, whether American or Iranian or whatever. Au contraire, Mr. Obama quite evidently has yet to come to grips with its reality. It's a seventh-philosophy born & bred in the pits of hell by its own violent declarations against all others. Muhammad Atta's death-cry of "Allahu Akbar!" re the WTC and as repeated by alleged mass-murderer Hasan was recorded in The National Post as well as Fox Breaking News. Ah, voila, we've got ourselves a beautiful Kodak Moment, yes? :blink:

If, by the above, you mean am I aware that a truly devout muslim is commanded by 'allah' (the former moon-god) to spread islam by the sword and to take neither Christian nor Jew as a friend....yes. Do I understand that islam is a geopolitical movement bent on world domination? Yes. I've read the Qu'ran extensively and understand the basic tenets of that belief system. I'm fully aware that islam is satan's very own 'religion.'

That being said, I did hear on Fox this afternoon that Hasan shouted 'Allah Akbar' in Arabic before firing.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

t.

I'm glad that somebody had the nerve to make this observation! :laugh:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

:blink: Ummm . . . yeah, expression . . . "flip" goes with something else we shall not mention here.

OK, getting back on topic. . . .

Wow I am still really shocked that one shooter shot and killed 12 and wounded 30 with two handguns.

Any Glock 9mm can handle a 33rd. magazine. Also the berreta 92f, which the army now issues, has a 20rd. mag. If eather of this gun's were used, it would be no trouble to do this much damage.