• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Have you noticed? The Bible is Split into Two by Two? Obviously.. Old Testament and New Testament...

But have you also noticed... when we open the Bible there are two pages to read from... And on each page there are TWO columns of text to read?

Notice also there are two accounts of the Last Days... one in the Old Testament one in the New. And during the last Days when God will pour our his wrath there are Two Witnesses.

Have you also noticed, that there are basically two groups of people that will be saved in the end? Jews and Gentiles?

Is this some kind of sign? What does it mean?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

By Andrew Harris 28 February 1999

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

hi Blien...in the context of what you are writing, i don't think you can seriously attribute anthing substantially significant to these sets of figures...sheep and goats, light and darkness, man and woman, hot or cold...etc etc.

Sometimes there might be something that can link figures, or that underlines certain truths, but in this instance i would suggest a slight tilting at windmills. :)

Wow Nebula, that's exactly what I was looking for! Jacob and Easu, Issac and Ishmale.. wow wow wow wow wow!!! I'm going to read this tomorrow though, time for bed time. This is excellent though.. how did you find it?

Botz, just thought it was cool.. I dont know if there is any special meaning but who knows? The sign of Two is everywhere. God and Man, Covenants which require two people, Natural Man and Spiritual Man.. Holiness and Unholiness...

Man there is so much to learn and when we think we've learned it all there is something new. Anyway, this two thing is an new obsession (for me) but it's always a marvel to look at God's work.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

how did you find it?

Some time ago I was looking for the Biblical symbolism of numbers and found the site in a search. So I bookmarked it.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Have you noticed? The Bible is Split into Two by Two? Obviously.. Old Testament and New Testament...

But have you also noticed... when we open the Bible there are two pages to read from... And on each page there are TWO columns of text to read?

Notice also there are two accounts of the Last Days... one in the Old Testament one in the New. And during the last Days when God will pour our his wrath there are Two Witnesses.

Have you also noticed, that there are basically two groups of people that will be saved in the end? Jews and Gentiles?

Hi Blien,

The animals went two by two into the ark in Noah's day. Jesus sent the seventy apostles out two by two. I'm sure that many things can be found in the word using two by two.

Though the patterns of the two's are interesting they are not signs.

[Matthew 12:38-42]---Then certain of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying Master, we would see a sign from thee. vs 39) But he answered and said, unto them, And evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: vs 40) For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. vs 41) The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here. vs 42) The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost part of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

oc

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Its a law of physics. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

By Andrew Harris 28 February 1999

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Very good, Blien, you can count to two. Now let us consider the concept of "three"....Picture, if you can, a number that is one more than two...

"And Jacob said to Joseph, "God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and he blessed me, and said to me, "I am going to make you fruitful and increase your numbers;" - Genesis 48:3,4 :emot-cheering:

Deuteronomy 18:9-14

When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you must not learn to imitate the abhorrent practices of those nations. No one shall be found among you who makes a son or daughter pass through fire, or who practices divination, or is a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer, or one who casts spells, or who consults ghosts or spirits, or who seeks oracles from the dead. For whoever does these things is abhorrent to the Lord; it is because of such abhorrent practices that the Lord your God is driving them out before you. You must remain completely loyal to the Lord your God. Although these nations that you are about to dispossess do give heed to soothsayers and diviners, as for you, the Lord your God does not permit you to do so.

Divination includes numerology. Let's not go there.

Numbers were symbolic in scripture. Need to be careful leveling accusations

Something else I just realized. The Aaron-ic blessing.. that is the way Aaron held out his hands when he was blessing the Israelites in the wilderness, is a symbol of two by two's. Each finger connected with another in patterns of two... when I first saw it I remember thinking.. this couldn't be. It looks like witchcraft but who knows..?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priestly_Blessing

Other patterns of two, Jesus sent his diciples with power in two.. 70 in all but they went in two's. Jesus said he will be with us if two or three agree together in prayer.. its really interesting. My guess is to show that we are to be in relationships in this world. We can't be alone. That's probably why.