Can two ministers of the opposite sex just be friends

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Me and one of the other associate ministers in my church have become very close and we talk a lot on the phone but it's strictly about church, singing, and just casual talk about our jobs and kids and stuff. But we both are attracted to each other. Neither one of use have mentioned anything out of the way to the other one but we just know because the chemistry be so thick in the room when we're together working on a project or something. Sometimes we have to be alone and we don't say anything but oure eye contact be so strong. Is God pleased with us feeling this way even though we have not acted on these feelings but continue to praise our spouses to each other and remind ourselves of how good our own marriages are? I see this as a way of denying the flesh but what do you do about those feelings even when you've already made your decision not to sin?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're both married? oh boy. no offense, but you need to speak to your pastor and make sure that the two of you do not work together. part of the attraction is the secretiveness of it all, too. speaking to your pastor about this chemistry will expose this to the light of day and that will help to break the... the whatever it is. i would even go so far as to say you should confess this to your wife, but i know that would be difficult to do, and i doubt you'd do it.

one thing is for certain... if the two of you can not work as associate pastors at the same church and keep your eyes and minds focused on JESUS instead of each other, than one or both of you needs to resign from the position.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

Your marriage is supposed to represent Christ's relationship with the church here on earth. What is this saying to your congregation?? The relationship you have with this other minister is a sinful one and is NOT God-honouring.

I agree the attraction is so strong probably because it is secretive.

Focus on loving your spouse. That is the role which God has given you. I agree that it would probably be helpful to admit these things to the head pastor, as accountability is so important when struggling with sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Welcome to Worthy. I hope you enjoy it here.

You are in a very dangerous situation. One that you need to get away from.

Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. James 1:13-16

This situation can easily tear apart two families. It may be that one or both of you needs to give up your position and restore your relationship with your spouse. There may not be any problem in your marriage right now, but if you are feeling drawn to another person there very well may be trouble in your marriage. Don't allow yourself to be put in a situation that will stumble you or another person. You recognize that trouble is brewing, and now is the time to stop the trouble.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

I agree with LadyC., Ellarose, and Trusting Jesus!!! :whistling:

Sounds like your treading in dangerous territory. :wub::blink: You need to put stop to this situation ASAP!!!! :laugh: The word TEMPTATION comes to mind. :emot-hug: God will provide a way out, just look for it. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

I too agree with the other posters. I have made the mistake you are heading for. Please feel free to send me a personal message if you want to talk more about it.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I'm confused. You say that you both "be" ministers, yet neither one of you don't know that adultery does not please God? Take it from a layman, he doesn't.

I'm confused. You say that you both "be" ministers, yet neither one of you don't know that adultery does not please God? Take it from a layman, he doesn't.

I was going to ask - what denomination?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

What denomination? That's an odd and inappropriate question. I don't think we are allowed to discuss denomination in here. As far as I know, God does not allow adultery in any valid denomination.

What denomination? That's an odd and inappropriate question. I don't think we are allowed to discuss denomination in here. As far as I know, God does not allow adultery in any valid denomination.

Oh sorry I didn't know it was inappropriate because I've seen several other people discussing it in these forums.... I didn't think it was an odd question though. I know of many denominations where this problem would be seen as normal and "ok".

I never implied that i thought adultery was allowed by God though..... :noidea:

Also my question wasn't for you... Sorry if it seemed like it was from the way I quoted things.

Edit: Sorry I just realised how confusing my quote marks are... My IQ has dropped about 50 points in the last year as I've been so sick so please be patient with me, your sister! I didn't mean to confuse. I was agreeing with Shiloh62's point, and then adding my own thoughts to it. Time for bed now...