spiritman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

i dont think so its giving free money to people becasue u appericate their service.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,771
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  222
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:noidea: here the price of the meal is set and displayed on the menu ...THAT IS THE PRICE YOU PAY

If you think the person serving you was going out of his/ her way to be helpful you can IF YOU CHOSE leave a tip but in no way is it legal to require one :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

A Pa couple were arrested for not paying a 22% tip. Even though their service was horrible: click here

A group of 11 went to a nice place to eat the service was awful. We finally got our meal one and one half hours later. We did not leave a tip. After we walked out the door, the manager came running after us and demanded the 15% gratuity. After we explained what happened he calmed down and did not press the issue any further. That was ridiculous. I feel for the servers, who depend on tips for their living, but if their employers paid them decent wage, the customer would not have to "make up" the difference. It irritates me at times. In Europe in many dining places and even the taxi drivers are not allowed to accept tips. I "forced" a tip on my taxi driver in Switzerland one time, he was very happy.