• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

So, I was sitting at my computer when a random thought hit me... I heard: You are going to have to choose sides.

My first thought upon hearing that was: umm, where did that come from? I do have to say that I've been noticing some issues arise where what I heard could apply to; however, I wonder. Was that God or randomness?

Does God speak randomly out-of-the-blue like that? Or, what that me? :emot-heartbeat::dance:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

So, I was sitting at my computer when a random thought hit me... I heard: You are going to have to choose sides.

My first thought upon hearing that was: umm, where did that come from? I do have to say that I've been noticing some issues arise where what I heard could apply to; however, I wonder. Was that God or randomness?

Does God speak randomly out-of-the-blue like that? Or, what that me? :wub::blink:

He does speak to us. I'd say, at present, one of your major concerns would be choosing the RIGHT side . . . the one He would choose. Blessings!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I have seen God work this way before with people. He first sends others that belong to Him to speak for Him as they are guided by the Holy Spirit. If the person does not listen, He speaks for Himself. He did this for me and my life has not been the same ever since. I would listen to Him. If you know what choices He is talking about, then decide.

One more thing. If God Himself is speaking to you because you have not taken the advice of those whom He sent, then this may be your last time to choose ... do so wisely.

Hope you are feeling better!

God Bless Sis!

Alan

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I've had this experience a couple of times myself....when I was pondering (and floundering) over an issue and all of a sudden the words popped into my head. I couldn't be sure if I heard them with my ears or my heart but I never questioned them. He told me what was what and I went with it. The Lord is not into ambivalence; He is, after all, God. Please listen to Him, Angelique.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I, too, have "heard" a voice a couple of times. I never knew if I heard it or if it was loud in my mind as if I heard it. Could it be that you might be slipping back into some old habits that aren't Christ ordained? ~~Angelique~~ can you read your Bible? There is a thread going on Worthy about Lot's wife. I don't know if you know about her, but she and her husband lived in a very sinful place. God was about to rain fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah, but just as He does prior to His judgment He takes the righteous out of the way of judgment. Two angels went to Lot and told Lot to take his family and leave and not to look back. Lot listened and took his family and left. But his wife - instead of looking ahead to salvation - looked back. There was horrid sin in Sodom and Gomorrah and Lot's wife turned away from the salvation offered her and turned to look back at what she had been saved from. Because of that she was turned into a pillar of salt. Judgment came upon her, too, because she was offerd a chance to escape the judgment, but chose to disobey and look back. The story is in Genesis chapter 19 (although it begins in earlier chapters).

Could this be what the voice meant? Are you wanting to look back? I know that it is hard for you during the holidays, but if I remember right it was around Christmas two years ago that you accepted Christ. That is the best decision you ever have made. Don't look back.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I guess it is not so much about the statement, "you are going to have to choose sides", but more about the answer.

We all have to choose sides all the time and Jesus gave us the command:-

Mat 5:37 Let what you say be simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything more than this comes from evil.

Fence sitting requires balance I don't have anymore, and I always seem to land on my butt on side or the other - it hurts (and that log in my eye makes it water like crazy when I jog it like that!) :thumbsup:

Blessings

I, too, have "heard" a voice a couple of times. I never knew if I heard it or if it was loud in my mind as if I heard it. Could it be that you might be slipping back into some old habits that aren't Christ ordained? ~~Angelique~~ can you read your Bible? There is a thread going on Worthy about Lot's wife. I don't know if you know about her, but she and her husband lived in a very sinful place. God was about to rain fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah, but just as He does prior to His judgment He takes the righteous out of the way of judgment. Two angels went to Lot and told Lot to take his family and leave and not to look back. Lot listened and took his family and left. But his wife - instead of looking ahead to salvation - looked back. There was horrid sin in Sodom and Gomorrah and Lot's wife turned away from the salvation offered her and turned to look back at what she had been saved from. Because of that she was turned into a pillar of salt. Judgment came upon her, too, because she was offerd a chance to escape the judgment, but chose to disobey and look back. The story is in Genesis chapter 19 (although it begins in earlier chapters).

Could this be what the voice meant? Are you wanting to look back? I know that it is hard for you during the holidays, but if I remember right it was around Christmas two years ago that you accepted Christ. That is the best decision you ever have made. Don't look back.

<>< ><>

Nathele

I haven't really been able to read the bible in about six months. I haven't stepped back into the Wiccan path or tarot etc (although I came close). I haven't seen the thread on Lots wife. I will look it up. I don't know. It's like things haven't been the same with me since my husband passed.

There is one issue this could be about but I need to think on it some more.

Hugs girl.

I guess it is not so much about the statement, "you are going to have to choose sides", but more about the answer.

We all have to choose sides all the time and Jesus gave us the command:-

Mat 5:37 Let what you say be simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything more than this comes from evil.

Fence sitting requires balance I don't have anymore, and I always seem to land on my butt on side or the other - it hurts (and that log in my eye makes it water like crazy when I jog it like that!) :noidea:

Blessings

lol, :blink: What? It hurts to jog with a log in your eye? :D:rolleyes::laugh:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Does God speak randomly out-of-the-blue like that? Or, what that me? :D:rolleyes:

Greetings Angelique, this scripture I'm sharing doesn't suggest any thing about you, just wanted to saw one example God speaks (out of the blue). Let you, this person was just going along his way....Read Act9:1-7. Hint: Saul, Saul, why persecute you me?

jot :noidea:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

<>< ><>

Nathele

I haven't really been able to read the bible in about six months. I haven't stepped back into the Wiccan path or tarot etc (although I came close). I haven't seen the thread on Lots wife. I will look it up. I don't know. It's like things haven't been the same with me since my husband passed.

There is one issue this could be about but I need to think on it some more.

Hugs girl.

I am so glad that you haven't gotten back into Wicca or tarot. The temptation will always be there.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and [your] joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:7-10

Do give some thought to the issue you think might be causing problems. If I can help, PM me.

Will you be spending Thanksgiving with friends or family? I hope so.

<>< ><>

Nathele