liver cancer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Hi. Does anybody out there know about liver cancer? My dad was just diagnosed with it at one medical facility and he is going to another one for a second opinion. And a biopsy. If you or a loved one has been through this cancer, I'd sure appreciate hearing your personal experiences. Also, anyone who works in the medical field and has knowledge that way. Links to good medical sites are always welcome too...Thanks.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

:whistling: my sister's sister in law Dee had two liver transplants a few years ago. she was young and healthy and it was touch and go for quite a while for her but she is doing okay now. i do not know if this is a possibibilty for your dad or not but you can check on it.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

:rolleyes:

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

:18: my sister's sister in law Dee had two liver transplants a few years ago. she was young and healthy and it was touch and go for quite a while for her but she is doing okay now. i do not know if this is a possibibilty for your dad or not but you can check on it.

Rebekah David

Dear Rebekah, Thanks for the suggestion. :emot-hug: I am happy that the transplants worked out for Dee. Praise God that she is doing fine! My two concerns for my dad, though are: that he is so elderly and he has a fragile heart (due to multiple bypasses over the years. So the doctors saw this as a big risk and were opposed to cutting him open for his other cancer...the lung one. ) But transplants are something worth considering, if need be. Hopefully, he can be re-evaluated for a second opinion soon! Right now I guess that the biggest determining factor is if the cancer spread into the bloodstream or remained contained within the liver. Once in the blood, it is really serious because the cells multiple rapidly and affect other organs! ( Especially if it really turns out to be phase 4, which is one of the worst...) Keep praying, everyone. God bless.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Praying for him, turtletwo. :18:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/06/1986

:cool: my sister's sister in law Dee had two liver transplants a few years ago. she was young and healthy and it was touch and go for quite a while for her but she is doing okay now. i do not know if this is a possibibilty for your dad or not but you can check on it.

Rebekah David

Dear Rebekah, Thanks for the suggestion. :laugh: I am happy that the transplants worked out for Dee. Praise God that she is doing fine! My two concerns for my dad, though are: that he is so elderly and he has a fragile heart (due to multiple bypasses over the years. So the doctors saw this as a big risk and were opposed to cutting him open for his other cancer...the lung one. ) But transplants are something worth considering, if need be. Hopefully, he can be re-evaluated for a second opinion soon! Right now I guess that the biggest determining factor is if the cancer spread into the bloodstream or remained contained within the liver. Once in the blood, it is really serious because the cells multiple rapidly and affect other organs! ( Especially if it really turns out to be phase 4, which is one of the worst...) Keep praying, everyone. God bless.

I'm so sorry to hear this, TT. I don't know a whole lot about liver cancer, but I did find a link that seems legitLink Hopefully that will maybe give you some sort of idea. I'll be praying for you, your family and father. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Praying for his comfort and peace, TT!!! :cool: