• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The only time you are going to find an animal with a "sole' is if they wear shoes!

Otherwise I guess not. :laugh:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The only time you are going to find an animal with a "sole' is if they wear shoes!

Otherwise I guess not. :laugh:

:laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Do animals have souls? Will our pets be with us in heaven?

What do you guys think?

no pets in heaven. no proof of that anywhere.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

I don't know if they have a soul or not, but Isa. 65:25 says "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD." The main thing to remember is YOU have to be saved if you expect to see your pets after death.

hi Parker, good point :thumbsup:

There are twelve fruit trees in heaven but im pickin they arent the same as the ones here. :whistling:

I love animals and my pet dog, but cute, clever, caring and funny as he is, its instinct and not free will or awareness of their emotions or any moral obligation.

We had a cat that ate her kittens, not that humans have never stooped as low.

Fez is right on sharks only do what they are made to do, unlike humans. hmmm i think i might be a sharkaphobe.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

I don't know if they have a soul or not, but Isa. 65:25 says "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD." The main thing to remember is YOU have to be saved if you expect to see your pets after death.

Isn't this in the Millenial Kingdom instead of heaven?

Jesus is said to return riding on a white horse... Isn't a horse a pet of some kind?

Whether they have a soul like a human is different from the fact that they are not made in the image of God, therefore one is allowed to kill an animal for food and not a human.. i am vegetarian btw...

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Blessings, wyguy

My vet is a Christian and she has a beautiful painting portraying a depiction of heaven with with our beloved pets who have gone beyond in one of the exam rooms that shows two hands reaching out to the animals running up to the hands. There are those who say that because animals do not have a soul, or the Bible doesn't really address this, our pets won't be in heaven. I have heard this over and over again. But animals cannot choose between good and evil like we humans can, were not born in sin as we are, and they have never fallen like us, so they are not in need of a redeemer or saviour as we humans are. They have never became like gods.

I can't imagine being in heaven without my Miss Luci and Sammie, Buster and Daisy, who have taught me so much about God's unconditional love, patience, compassion, companionship, mercy, faithfulness and understanding better than most humans ever could.

Yes, I think my Miss Luci and Sammie, Buster and Daisy will be in heaven because I think what it boils down to is our understanding of God and His love for His creation.

Blessings,

Nikki

I'd love to get a copy of that painting!

The next time I visit my vet, I will snap a picture of it and p.m. it to you :whistling:

But animals cannot choose between good and evil like we humans can, were not born in sin as we are, and they have never fallen like us, so they are not in need of a redeemer or saviour as we humans are.

I'm not so sure. The Bible makes it pretty clear that all creation was cursed. (Romans 8:19-22, Genesis 3:17).

Yeah, the scripture in Romans came to mind after I posted my thoughts above.

Romans 8:20-22 (King James Version)

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

The scripture from Romans does not say all of creation is cursed to be exact,

and I am not sure it is referring to animals as the commentary I read refers to humans only, though animals definitely have feelings and sad and happy emotions, become sick and old and die like humans. And I don't see where Genesis 3:17 is referring to animals as being cursed either. It says "Cursed is the ground for thy sake," but makes no mention of animals.

Blessings,

Nikki

v22 seems to indicate that they were, indeed, cursed as well:

"...the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."

If they weren't cursed, there would have been no reason for God to turn them from plant eaters to meat eaters, and thus having them kill each other for food.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Blessings, wyguy

My vet is a Christian and she has a beautiful painting portraying a depiction of heaven with with our beloved pets who have gone beyond in one of the exam rooms that shows two hands reaching out to the animals running up to the hands. There are those who say that because animals do not have a soul, or the Bible doesn't really address this, our pets won't be in heaven. I have heard this over and over again. But animals cannot choose between good and evil like we humans can, were not born in sin as we are, and they have never fallen like us, so they are not in need of a redeemer or saviour as we humans are. They have never became like gods.

I can't imagine being in heaven without my Miss Luci and Sammie, Buster and Daisy, who have taught me so much about God's unconditional love, patience, compassion, companionship, mercy, faithfulness and understanding better than most humans ever could.

Yes, I think my Miss Luci and Sammie, Buster and Daisy will be in heaven because I think what it boils down to is our understanding of God and His love for His creation.

Blessings,

Nikki

I'd love to get a copy of that painting!

The next time I visit my vet, I will snap a picture of it and p.m. it to you :th_praying:

But animals cannot choose between good and evil like we humans can, were not born in sin as we are, and they have never fallen like us, so they are not in need of a redeemer or saviour as we humans are.

I'm not so sure. The Bible makes it pretty clear that all creation was cursed. (Romans 8:19-22, Genesis 3:17).

Yeah, the scripture in Romans came to mind after I posted my thoughts above.

Romans 8:20-22 (King James Version)

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

The scripture from Romans does not say all of creation is cursed to be exact,

and I am not sure it is referring to animals as the commentary I read refers to humans only, though animals definitely have feelings and sad and happy emotions, become sick and old and die like humans. And I don't see where Genesis 3:17 is referring to animals as being cursed either. It says "Cursed is the ground for thy sake," but makes no mention of animals.

Blessings,

Nikki

v22 seems to indicate that they were, indeed, cursed as well:

"...the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."

If they weren't cursed, there would have been no reason for God to turn them from plant eaters to meat eaters, and thus having them kill each other for food.

creation meaning all those that have free will.

animals do not have free will.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Creation does NOT mean 'all who have free will'. Creation is the kosmos, or ALL things which have been created.

Do animals have souls? Absolutely. Do they have the SAME KIND of soul as a human? ABSOLUTELY not.

Will animals be in heaven? No And neither will we. Once the resurrection occurs, we dwell on the New Earth. heaven is the province of spirits, not bodies. We may have access to the New Heaven in our resurrected bodies, or we may not, I can't say. I know that Jesus the High Priest has access, because he is both God and man.

I believe an animal soul goes into the earth and sleeps until the Last Day. It is then brought back to life at the resurrection of the dead. It may or may not have a new body, I am convinced it will have new HABITS so we need worry about stepping in anything or being sprayed by a skunk or bitten by a dog. God sent Christ to redeem the earth as well as mankind, since animals are OF the earth, it only makes sense that they would share in its redemption.

Don't be concerned about your beloved animals not making it to eternity. Care of one's animals is even tied to showing whether a person is righteous to some degree.

Pro 12:10 A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, But {even} the compassion of the wicked is cruel. (that is not to say that an unbeliever who cares for his animals is saved, merely that he or she has some degree of righteousness.)