~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Something that really bothers me. In the world, people will talk about the news, the weather, etc., etc. But when I mention Jesus Christ everyone shuts up. WHY?!?!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

A variety of reasons,they do not want to have to deal with a 'jesus freak' they don't want to have to face their sins, the list goes on and on...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

Because they don't want to hear about Jesus Christ. Plain and simple. When Jesus was around, He was despised and rejected. Things aren't different today. People wanna live their own life, and don't want to get rid of things in their life that is not pleasing to God. Also, many blame God for all the problems in the world.

Edited by jsca777

But how can ANYONE ignore the most important being in their lives???? This is their eternal future!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

But how can ANYONE ignore the most important being in their lives???? This is their eternal future!!

They don't care about that. They are living for today.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

These come to mind ...

John 3:19

And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Matthew 6:21

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

ASC, sometimes it's easier to demonstrate, through your kindness and sweet spirit, the love of God to people. Then when they become comfortable with you, maybe to speak to them about Jesus. I can remember this adorable girl I went to high school with - she loved Jesus and wanted to tell the world and she literally jumped people and started hammering them about the salvation they needed and what would happen to them if they didn't accept Him and people would literally run from her!! We went to the same church and one day she overheard someone saying some really ugly things about her and I went into the restroom to see her crying. I felt terrible for her and we talked and she just didn't understand why people ran from her and made fun. I was very young and all I could tell her was to - chill. Let people see her kindness and sweetness and get to know her and well, kind of break them in, gently... it worked. She passed away about 6 years ago and her funeral was like a high school reunion - the girl that everyone ran from - we wanted to show our love and respect to her and we all had a story about this sweet girl. She shined her light and many, many people saw it...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Something that really bothers me. In the world, people will talk about the news, the weather, etc., etc. But when I mention Jesus Christ everyone shuts up. WHY?!?!

I too have experienced this lately. Sometimes I feel like a big knob on a radio that people just turn off when I mention Jesus.

But, like Believer said, I'll just try to speak Jesus through my actions and morality. When my Christian friends ask me to a movie or to watch a TV program that is immoral, I kindly tell them that it isn't for me, that I don't think Jesus would approve of me doing this. It makes them think about what they are about to do.

This reaction also reminds me of Luke 21:17, "and you will be hated by all because of My name." Sometimes when these people turn me off about Jesus, I just walk away and cry for them. They don't even have any idea what they are throwing away and it hurts.

And it hurts me because Jesus is being rejected and I love Him so much. I want so much to tell people about Jesus and the love He has for all mankind. How much better and happier their lives would be if they trusted in Jesus instead of Satan.

Asecretchord, you are a precious child of God, keep your chin up and just keep trying. Luke 21:15, "for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute."

Your sister in Christ - ShieldFaith

Thanks for your encouragement.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Because they are the most important person in their lives.