IGNORED

April 8th prediction/possible fulfillment soon?

rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Penelope Will Debate Turtle

Penelope will debate the turtle. As I recently reported, the turtle challenged Penelope to a debate (Read the commentary here). Now, according to the EUobserver, Penelope has accepted the turtle's challenge (Read about it here).

For a quick reminder, let me repeat -- in part -- some of my earlier commentary:

The EU beast decided it had to do something about its rotating head problem (the six-month rotating presidency). So, the beast established a Convention on the Future of Europe.

The EU beast made Val

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with Herb here. This will probably be real good. Sort of like fireworks flying on the fourth of July, with plenty of dirty laundry mixed in. Too bad it's not going to be televised, which means we will probably miss the real good stuff, as I'm sure they will edit it out. :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

Last Update: 14/05/2003 23:34

Britain to demand that Israel show restraint in use of force

By Aluf Benn, Haaretz Correspondent, Haaretz Service and Agencies

Britain is planning to use an upcoming official visit to London by Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom to demand that Israel show restraint in the use of force toward the Palestinians.

The British will also demand of Shalom that efforts be made to complete the investigations into deaths of peace activists and journalists, including British citizens who were killed by IDF fire.

London also plans to ignore protocol and, in an effort to improve ties, a meeting will be arranged between British Prime Minister Tony Blair and Shalom.

The British Foreign Office has expressed surprise over remarks made by Shalom, in a Times interview, in which he called on Britain to "do more" to prevent incitement against Jews and Israel, following the involvement of two British nationals in the Tel Aviv suicide bombing two weeks ago. Diplomatic sources said Britain was acting with as much determination as Israel to wipe out terror.

En route to London, Shalom stopped off Wednesday in Paris to meet with his Qatari counterpart, Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabr al-Thani. Following the meeting, Shalom hailed the talks, saying they could help improve Israel's relations with the Arab world.

The meeting was the first such high-level encounter between the two countries and Israel's first meeting with an Arab leader since the outbreak of Israeli-Palestinian violence 31 months ago, the Foreign Ministry said.

Shalom said they had discussed "everything included in the peace process," but declined to give details.

"I think the approach of the Qatari foreign minister is very positive," Shalom told reporters after meeting Sheikh Hamad, whose country is a diplomatic maverick among Gulf Arab states.

"This meeting between us can be the start that will bring better relations between Israel and Qatar, and Israel and the Arab world," Shalom said.

"This is undoubtedly a change, a big change. We agreed to continue contacts, and that the contacts should be ongoing," the foreign minister told Army Radio following the Paris meeting. "I am very happy that we have an open, continuous and tight connection with the foreign minister of an Arab nation. In my opinion, this can give courage to other countries."

"This is the first-ever public meeting at this level between the two countries," noted Shalom's spokeswoman Debi Moshe, who added that this is also the first public Israeli-Arab meeting since the outbreak of violence in September 2000.

Sheikh Hamad said Qatar had urged both Israel and the Palestinians to resume peace talks.

"We are glad of the road map and we are glad of the commitment of [u.S. President George W.] Bush. Both sides have to make sacrifices to reach a solution to end the violence," he said.

Qatar established low-level trade ties with Israel in the wake of the 1991 Middle East peace conference in Madrid, angering many Arab countries.

The Gulf state hosted the U.S. military command center for the war against Iraq. Washington has announced it is shifting forces from air bases in Saudi Arabia to Qatar.

On Sunday, Sheikh Hamad said Qatar could consider a peace treaty with Israel if itserved the Gulf state's interests. Israel has signed such pacts with two Arab neighbors, Egypt and Jordan.

But Sheikh Hamad played down the possibility in Paris, suggesting it was not a priority and linking it to progress in Middle East peacemaking.

Following the signing of the Oslo peace accords in 1993, Israel developed tentative relations with some of the Persian Gulf states, opening trade offices in Qatar and Oman in 1996.

But relations have been rocky since the latest round of violence broke out in September 2000. Egypt pulled out its ambassador in November 2000 and Oman closed its trade office in October 2000.

Solana visit called off after Sharon snub

European Foreign Policy Coordinator Javier Solana has canceled a visit to Israel after Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's office declared he would not be able to meet with the EU official because of Solana's plans to meet Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat.

Meanwhile, Sharon's chief of staff Dov Weisglass went to Washington Tuesday to prepare the groundwork for the prime minister's meeting next week with President George W. Bush.

Before Sharon departs, he will meet with new Palestinian premier Abu Mazen, most likely on Saturday night at his Jerusalem residence.

Israel Radio reported Wednesday that Abu Mazen would likely be accompanied by Palestinian parliament Speaker Abu Ala, and former Gaza security chief Mohammed Dahlan, whose new ministerial post includes control of several of the PA security arms.

Abu Mazen was said to be unenthusiastic about meeting Sharon before the Israeli leader travels to the U.S., fearing this would hand Sharon a diplomatic achievement on the eve of his talks with Bush.

During his visit to the region earlier this week, however, U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell pressured Abu Mazen to meet Sharon, as part of his efforts to get the Israelis and Palestinians to begin implementing the road map.

Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabr al-Thani and Silvan Shalom shaking hands after their talks in a Paris hotel Wednesday. (Reuters)

Top Articles

Mind games

February 13, 2003, will go down in history as the day the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) reversed, starting its steepest climb in a decade.

By Golan Fridenfeld

No new Sharon

Since he was elected prime minister in 2001, Ariel Sharon has wrapped his political positions in a fog of ambiguity.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/293192.html

Guest shadow2b
<font color='#000000'>"Road Map to "Peace and Security"

I believe an important overlooked sign about the coming Antichrist may have occurred in 1992.

Score Two for Sharon

Israeli Prime Minister Arial Sharon has done it again -- he's humiliated the EU's top security chief, Javier Solana (Read about it here).

If you've been following the news, you are aware that the US has sent Secretary of State Colin Powell to the Middle East in a renewed effort to implement the Quartet's so-called "Road Map" peace plan. The Quartet is made up of the US, the EU, the UN and Russia.

However, Sharon has made it known that Israel doesn't trust the EU, the UN and Russia -- Israel only trusts the US. After all, if it wasn't for George W. Bush refusing to negotiate with Yasser Arafat, the Palestinian Authority would have never made the recent attempt to clean up its act by appointing a new set of leaders the US could deal with. The fact is, neither Israel or the US think Arafat really wants to make peace.

The EU, on the other hand, still insists on dealing with Arafat. Although the EU also is smart enough to know that Arafat doesn't really want peace, the EU also understands that the real power in the Palestinian Authority remains with Arafat. In other words, what Arafat is doing -- stepping back and allowing the appointment of Abu Mazen as the new Palestinian Prime Minister -- is just for show. The reason I believe they know this is because this is the same type of ploy the EU builders themselves have been using for years.

So, when Washington announced that the US was sending Powell to the Middle East, Solana dropped everything and hurried to the region. Knowing that the US and Israel would like nothing more than to squeeze him and the other members of the Quartet out of the picture, Solana wanted to met with all the same officials ahead of Powell.

One of these officials Solana planed to met with was Arafat. When Sharon heard about Solana' plans to meet with Arafat, Sharon once again humiliated Solana by refusing to allow the meeting.

The reason I said once again is because this isn't the first time Sharon humiliated Solana in this fashion. The first time occurred back in April of 2002. Arafat was surrounded in his compound by Israeli forces and, as today, his survival as the Palestinian leader was in question.

The Spanish EU presidency decided that the Bush administration wasn't doing enough. At an emergency meeting, the EU head's decided to send Solana and a high-level delegation to settle the crises. When Solana arrived in Israel, not only did Sharon refuse to meet with him, Sharon didn't even allow him to meet with Arafat. Solana and his so-called "high-level" delegation was completely humiliated (Read story here) (Read my commentary about it here).

And, now it's happened again.

Score two for Sharon!

5/14/2003

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/two_for_sharon.html

YOU left out a MAJOR scripture RT--------1/st.thess.5.vs.6------BUT ye,brethren,are NOT in darkness,

that that day should overtake you as a "THIEF"----SO, we the church areNOT in darkness OR have NO knowledge as to the REturn of the LORD,WE do know & can tell the TIMES & SEASONS as to the approximate time of the REturn of the LORD..NOT THE "DAY" or the "HOUR" BUT the general times of HIS REturn by what is happening in the WORLD....... TO IMPLY that WE the church will be SURPRISED

like a thief in the night analogy is to INstill Doubt,& fear in the brethren........USually this tactic is used

by false prophets to keep his sheep in fear & clinging to his doctrines........JUST like there is a "MAN" in

this area of TEXAS that keeps his sheep clinging to him because "GOD" has told him "ONLY" those that listen to & follow this mans doctrines will be PROtected when bad times begin.........WHAT A CROCK------------------shadow-gem2b{Gary}--- :baa: :alien: :baa:

Shadow,

This is not my commentary. It is Herbert Peter's commentary from his website fulfilledprophecy.com. I frequently post some of his comments, but not all. I don't always agree with him because he sometimes makes some wild guesses, only to later change his mind. But he is watching very closely, and I like the way he thinks, even though I take a much slower, wait and see approach.

He's been watching the forming of the EU beast for about 4 or 5 months longer than I have, and he knows what's going on. Very little get's by him. But I can not answer for the things that people disagree with him on. Cheerio!!

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry for being a pain rolling thunder but I was looking for a right up on Recommendation 666 you may have posted it before or have a link to a report on it. I would like a copy for my collection so could you re post it or direct me to a site that has it?

Also do you have a list of nations that are members of the 10 nation force? what is the 10 nation alliance/agreement officially called?

I have enjoyed your coverage of developments in Europe Thunder keep it going.

PS: If in the future you see a leader come to control this 10 member alliance and his coming causes 3 of it's members to leave it is protest or the 3 nations loose there independence and come under direct control of the future leader will you then re think the pre trib doctrine you hold to be true?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Sorry for being a pain rolling thunder but I was looking for a right up on Recommendation 666 you may have posted it before or have a link to a report on it. I would like a copy for my collection so could you re post it or direct me to a site that has it?

Also do you have a list of nations that are members of the 10 nation force? what is the 10 nation alliance/agreement officially called?

I have enjoyed your coverage of developments in Europe Thunder keep it going.

PS: If in the future you see a leader come to control this 10 member alliance and his coming causes 3 of it's members to leave it is protest or the 3 nations loose there independence and come under direct control of the future leader will you then re think the pre trib doctrine you hold to be true?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Hi Adstar,

I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply. I've been so busy lately, and under attack from the enemy too. You are not a pain my friend, far from it. If you don't mind though, I would like to answer your question on the new thread (same name), because this one is the old one. Thanks!!