• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I'm sure we've all heard the expression, but is it so? IS everyone a 'child of God'. Frankly, I don't buy it. We're all creations of God by extension, but not His children until He adopts us. What say the brethren?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

Your a child of God if you shoose to be. Remember, Jesus said to those who sought to kill Him in John chapter 8, "you are of your father the devil." You either belong to God, or to Satan.

there are lots of people who believe that every human is God's child... and that every baby conceived is God's will. (is that slightly off topic?) i don't believe that scripture backs up either assumption. the only humans that are God's children are the ones who are born again of the spirit.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I think there's a case to consider mankind as 'chips off the block'.

G-d created man in His own image...to me this shows that He placed in man godly attributes...yes even in unregenerate man...especially the ability to create. All of us are the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, created sovereignly by G-d...all of us have the spirit of life in us, given by G-d.

I have no problem with a non-Believer saying we are all G-ds children...in fact I wish some would as it is such a great opportunity to show how we can have the relationship that Adam had, restored through the Second Adam.

Like so many things it boils down to personal definitions, but its nothing to get too bothered about. :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

No, not everyone is a child of God.

John 1

12 But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name,

13 who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.

Galatians 3

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Seems clear to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

I personally think it is important to understand that the lost are not the children of God. I see too many lost claim that God would never send His children to hell, so no one is ever really lost. God isnt sending His children to hell, He is sending those who are not His children to hell, for their sins and their lack of redemption through their unbelief in Him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

No. Apparently only the inner court.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Your a child of God if you shoose to be. Remember, Jesus said to those who sought to kill Him in John chapter 8, "you are of your father the devil." You either belong to God, or to Satan.

You can't choose to be a child of God anymore than you can choose your parents in the human realm. God chooses his children as HE wills.

Your second statement is correct. Unless you are born again, Satan is your daddy. (ugh...there's a disgusting thought). Knowing that we have been chosen by God to be His children should make us all that more appreciative of our salvation.

Adam was the son of God, but he forfeited his sonship through disobedience and his progeny to Satan to be their spiritual daddy because of his sin. Anyone fathered by Adam physically and all of their descendants became spiritual children of Satan through sin.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Biblically speaking, there is a difference between being made in the image of God (we are all made in the image of God) and being God's children (only believers are God's children).

I think that non believers don't understand this, and equate the two, believing that they are God's children purely because they are made in His image. That is an error IMHO.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

You can't choose to be a child of God anymore than you can choose your parents in the human realm. God chooses his children as HE wills.

John3:16 sums it up. We all have the right to "CHOOSE" to accept God as our Heavenly father. Saying that God chooses is an incorrect statement because God wants everyone to accept Him. Everyone has to make that "CHOICE" for themselves.

Your second statement is correct. Unless you are born again, Satan is your daddy. (ugh...there's a disgusting thought). Knowing that we have been chosen by God to be His children should make us all that more appreciative of our salvation.

You say it's disgusting, but reality is reality. Ephesians4:17-24 explains how those who don't know Christ are spiritually, and how we ar esupposed to be after knowing Christ. Those who are not walking with God have all kinds of unrighteous fruit in their lives. Sin is of the devil, and those who ar enot serving God are serving sin.

Edited by jsca777