IGNORED

Following OT Law

~Shalhevet~

Is it okay for a Christian to follow OT law?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is it okay for a Christian to follow OT law?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other/Undecided

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, as long as you don't stone the woman next-door to you to death if you find out she's committing adultery.

I liked Shiloh357's post. If you honor your father and mother, you're obeying O.T Law. If you joyfully keep the Biblical sabbath-day Holy, you're honoring God and keeping O.T Law. If you joyfully celebrate the Biblical feasts, you're keeping O.T Law. If you believe you MUST do these things to be saved, you've fallen from grace. If you believe that Jesus kept O.T Law perfectly on your behalf, died in your place (for your transgression of O.T Law, because sin is defined as the transgression of the Law), and now represents you before God as your advocate and Savior, and if you've made him your Lord, you're keeping O.T Law.

If you live and walk by the Spirit of Christ, He will produce fruit in you which keeps O.T Law. It's summed up by one word: Love - love God, love your neighbor. But clearly, we are not required to stone a woman to death if we find out she's committing adultery. There are some aspects of O.T Law which we should not keep. They are shadows of righteousness and holiness cast by the Righteous, Holy One.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

If you stoned the women you would be breaking the 6th Commandment.

So No you shouldn't break the Commandment of God as she did by breaking the 7th.

but is what she did right? Should be continue doing it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I think the better way to phrase the question would be

Is it OK to ignore God's instruction regarding righteousness and wisdom?

Your right! it should be asked that way!

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Thanks for all your responses. I just want to make sure I am not committing a sin. I do understand these laws do not offer salvation. Obviously you can tell I'm being pulled in the messianic direction. I believe what they tell me but I would like outside opinions. God bless. :whistling:

Orel you should ask questions from others, but you should never just 'believe' what othes tell you but search the scriptures and ask God for the truth and guideance. Asking questions is great and we all need to be able to bounce ideas, frustrations, etc. off one another but never ever just take someones word for it, His word is the only word to follow!

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  160
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

Mizzey is so very right, You have to get into the word to know for sure, it is the most important thing in the world, because if you believe their is a God and it is the God of the book you have (your bible) it's it there you find your answers how to live his way, not yours .

Because some people will tell you, No your not sinning and others will tell you No your salvation is sure and others will tell you your have to stay the race and salvation is the gift Christ brings to those who continued and yes you are sinning so repent, but don't give up.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Following my heart is what led me the messianics. But the skeptic that I am wants to be very careful of false doctrines. I never once got a false feeling from them. I trust God but now look to others for opinions before I go out and purchase my first mezuzah. :thumbsup:

By the way I don't believe it's an abomination to celebrate the birth and resurrection of my Messiah. I will still celebrate these days just in a much different way. :whistling:

Following my heart is what led me the messianics. But the skeptic that I am wants to be very careful of false doctrines. I never once got a false feeling from them. I trust God but now look to others for opinions before I go out and purchase my first mezuzah. :)

By the way I don't believe it's an abomination to celebrate the birth and resurrection of my Messiah. I will still celebrate these days just in a much different way. :emot-hug:

If they ever say you must keep the Law, run!

by the same token, if they say you must not, keep the Law then run even faster...

Read the Word (ALL of it), stay close in prayer, and let the Holy Spirit guide you. Don't get those items out of order and everything will be just fine...

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks yod. :emot-hug:

I would like to hear the opinions of the silent people who voted "no." If you want to private message me, feel free. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

I don't see any problems with eating good food, and celebrating pass over or any of the feasts if one wants to. The kosher food is better for you anyway

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  183

I don't see any problems with eating good food, and celebrating pass over or any of the feasts if one wants to. The kosher food is better for you anyway

How so?